PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Dinner Theater

aubeone
02-19-2012, 10:59 AM
What is your favorite Orlando Dinner Theater and why?

aubeone
02-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Bump

kathy884
02-22-2012, 11:03 PM
I haven't been yet, but I have heard very positive report about the dinner experience at the Titanic attraction on I drive. It's staged as a retirement party for Captain Smith and you'll have at least one actor at your table during your dinner to converse with who will stay in character. I think later on in the evening the reinact the sinking. I think they just do this Saturday nights, but may add Friday too high season. Everyone who I've heard from who has gone has given this excellent reviews. This one is on my list to do for my next trip to Orlando.

My brother and his family like the Pirate Dinners and have done this multiple time. I went once with them, but didn't care for it, but they really enjoy it and have done it several times over the years. They have gotten two for one coupons for this in the Orlando entertainment book.

I don't know if the Dixie Stampede is back in town (a horse show). They have one in Branson, MO that is very popular and that friends of ours have recommended. Reviews are excellent too. They used to have this in Orlando -- closed it and were planning to reopen at a new location, but I don't know if that has happened yet. I've never personally tried it.

These are more dinner shows than dinner theatres, but Disney has the Hoop Dee Doo Revue and the Polynesian Lua shows served with dinner that are quite popular. I've done both of these. Most people rave about the Hoop Dee Doo, but I thought it was pretty hokey (Hee Haw kind of jokes -- lots of people love the show and come back for it on every trip). I had fun with my extended family group and the food was fine, but I wouldn't go again. I love the setting of the Polynesian Lua, still though not planning to do this again -- last trip we just did the dining at Ohana that I love and explored the grounds after dinner.

I hope someone with more dinner theatre experience will respond.

Art 1
02-23-2012, 01:42 AM
Slueths Mystery Dinner Show. Why? I just like it better than the others.