PDA

View Full Version : linx bus

MrsPiglet
02-19-2012, 12:10 AM
I know we can catch the bus and the transporation center. Where does it go? We will not have a car...and want to go offsite one day to find other things to do. We would like to stay on the one route...so we dont get lost. Any suggestions?

ashenbiez
02-19-2012, 12:27 AM
In 2007 we stayed off property and the Lynx buses were our main transportation! they're slow-going, but it was better than our motel's free bus which ran once at 9am and again at 9pm!

I remember we bought a ticket that was good for x-number of days or something. much easier than having to have bus fare each time.

Anyways, its the public buses of Orlando, so they go pretty much all over, I would assume. Here is their website - you can put your starting address and ending destination to see which buses/routes you should take

http://www.golynx.com/

I remember feeling very safe on the buses (much safer than the Chicago CTA buses here at home!) and the drivers were usually pretty nice and would help us figure out where to go.

goofy4tink
02-19-2012, 07:51 AM
The Lynx bus that runs from the TTC is bus route #50. It will get you to the SW area and beyond that I'm just not sure. If you go to the Lynx site, you will get a better idea of what routes you need to get you to certain areas. But be careful...certain buses will take you to areas of Orlando that you probably are better off not heading into...just like any other city.

disneyfanlincoln
02-19-2012, 08:44 AM
We've used lynx buses loads to get around. Take the 50 to sea world and then the no8 which used to go up and down I drive, we managed to get to universal this way but I can't remember the number. Just go to the lynx site and that gives you all the Information you need.

Cheshire Figment
02-19-2012, 10:53 AM
The #50 is an express to the Sea World area and then Downtown.

The #101 goes to Florida Mall and the Airport.

If you go to www.golynx.com you will be able to see all of the buses (especially in the #300 series which go to Disney) and look at their routes and schedules.

MrsPiglet
02-19-2012, 11:23 AM
So what you all are saying....is I can get on the bus at the trasporation station and end up at Sea World without switching buses?

I have looked at the website and not sure what I am seeing. Can anyone tell me if this #50 go by anything that we can roam at...Mall, park, Anything..?

Then I looked at the site and realized that gatorland is on the the bus line somewhere, Is that possible?

What about any of the other museams or attractions?

thanks for all the help?