PDA

View Full Version : Airboat rides?

Marshay
02-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Can anyone recommend a good airboat ride? I'm considering Spirit of the Swamp, since it's a bit smaller and looks more personal than Boggy Creek or others...also Wild Willy's Airboat tours. Both SotS and WW are rated really well on Trip Advisor.

Which one did you do and would you recommend (or not)?

We'd be going in July, myself and my DD7.

Thx!

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
02-18-2012, 06:19 AM
I am very interested in the answer to your question as well. We are doing an airboat ride for the first time on our upcoming August trip, and have narrowed it down to the exact same two companies you have (Spirit of the Swamp and Wild Willy's).

Both are a better value than Boggy Creek......with Wild Willy's, if you buy your tickets in advance you will get an hour's tour for $35 rather than a half hour for $25 at Boggy Creek. Even at $40 for the hour for Spirit of the Swamp, its still a better value than BC.....and Spirit of the Swamp provides riders with a headset so they can communicate with the driver.

Hopefully you will get some great input. I'll be watching and waiting for those responses with you! popcorn::

Marshay
02-18-2012, 09:15 AM
I am very interested in the answer to your question as well. We are doing an airboat ride for the first time on our upcoming August trip, and have narrowed it down to the exact same two companies you have (Spirit of the Swamp and Wild Willy's).

Both are a better value than Boggy Creek......with Wild Willy's, if you buy your tickets in advance you will get an hour's tour for $35 rather than a half hour for $25 at Boggy Creek. Even at $40 for the hour for Spirit of the Swamp, its still a better value than BC.....and Spirit of the Swamp provides riders with a headset so they can communicate with the driver.

Hopefully you will get some great input. I'll be watching and waiting for those responses with you! popcorn::

glad to know I picked two good ones with you! I also think it would be cool to hold a baby alligator, so WW trumps SotS on that. But the headphones and talking to guides would be a better tour.

Sounds like they are both good.