PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Falls - New Adult Pool on Fantasy!

ilovetexas
02-16-2012, 11:05 PM
I am finally able to see the ships deck plans and all the details (maybe I was looking in the wrong place prior to today) and I found that, in addition to Quiet Cove Pool, there will be Satellite Falls.

The description reads:

In addition to Quiet Cove Pool and Cove Bar on the Disney Fantasy, Guests ages 18 and older can enjoy moments away from the little ones at a new adult-exclusive area—Satellite Falls!

This peaceful area is located on Deck 13, Forward. Here, you can cool off with a refreshing dip in Satellite Falls, a circular splash pool with benches and a gently cascading rain curtain. Or, soak up the sun in a lounger on Satellite Sun Deck.

Ok, I'm in!!! :woohoo:

extechie rbd/wdt
02-16-2012, 11:43 PM
I am finally able to see the ships deck plans and all the details (maybe I was looking in the wrong place prior to today) and I found that, in addition to Quiet Cove Pool, there will be Satellite Falls.

The description reads:

In addition to Quiet Cove Pool and Cove Bar on the Disney Fantasy, Guests ages 18 and older can enjoy moments away from the little ones at a new adult-exclusive area—Satellite Falls!

This peaceful area is located on Deck 13, Forward. Here, you can cool off with a refreshing dip in Satellite Falls, a circular splash pool with benches and a gently cascading rain curtain. Or, soak up the sun in a lounger on Satellite Sun Deck.

Ok, I'm in!!! :woohoo:

Not to try to burst your bubble, but Satellite Falls was announced month's ago.
Here's a cool photo of it:

http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/6DCL123234LARGE.jpg

Ex Techie :)

tolemommy
02-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Sweet two adult only pools. Heck yea November 2013 cannot get here soon enough.

sambycat
02-17-2012, 06:25 AM
Very happy to have it but I wouldn't call it a pool! :rotfl:

bluejasmine
02-17-2012, 06:48 AM
More like a fountain u can sit in but i love the way the area looks

Renysmom
02-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Definitely not a pool. I think it is just another place to dip your feet while enjoying a drink, not that there is anything wrong with that. ;)

Brumbie13
02-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Y'all are saying it's not a pool... I say "watch me do laps in it!" :rotfl:

extechie rbd/wdt
02-17-2012, 02:12 PM

Don't get dizzy! lol!

sorul82?
02-17-2012, 02:34 PM

That's the spirit!! :thumbsup2

Zandy595
02-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Wasn't there an additional family wading pool on an upper deck too? I thought I read something about it, but haven't seen any pictures yet.

FrostMommy
02-17-2012, 03:00 PM
What is with the ladder things to climb in? I think it looks awesome, but a ladder to get into a wading pool seems odd.

Zandy595
02-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Wasn't there an additional family wading pool on an upper deck too? I thought I read something about it, but haven't seen any pictures yet.

OK, I found an artist rendering/model. It's suposed to be on deck 12. Any photos of this yet?
http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/wpp495432SMALL.jpg

jcemom
02-17-2012, 03:35 PM
More like a fountain u can sit in but i love the way the area looks:thumbsup2

collectoraholic
02-17-2012, 04:33 PM

More like swimming in circles. ;) :lmao:

Marcy Mouse
02-17-2012, 05:58 PM
http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/A+preview+of+Disney+Fantasy/Shipyard+tour+of+the+Disney+Fantasy/G2274,A11204

I mean 57 and 58

ilovetexas
02-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Not to try to burst your bubble, but Satellite Falls was announced month's ago.

You aren't bursting my bubble, I'll get to stick my toes in the crazy, light up, circular wading pool in less than three months!

I haven't really followed all things Disney until I decided to book this cruise so I'm discovering all sorts of new things. For instance, they are debuting new shows for the Fantasy as well; but you probably already knew that. ;)
http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/12/disney-cruise-line-ship-wishes-show/579941/1

extechie rbd/wdt
02-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Wishes and Aladdin should be great! :goodvibes

simbasmom2
02-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Definitely not a pool. I think it is just another place to dip your feet while enjoying a drink, not that there is anything wrong with that. ;)

:woohoo:

mom2mizmous
02-17-2012, 07:57 PM
is it just me or does it look like the family splash pool is right above adult area? If so, not great idea DCL in MHO because the noise will surely be heard below. No offense to the little guys, but if I'm at the adult pool I want a little time away from the excited squeals of the kiddos. I hope I'm incorrect about this!

extechie rbd/wdt
02-17-2012, 08:15 PM
I think most people are hoping the soothing music and wind noise will drown out the 15-20 or so kid's that would fit into that "pool".

mom2mizmous
02-17-2012, 08:26 PM
I think most people are hoping the soothing music and wind noise will drown out the 15-20 or so kid's that would fit into that "pool".

Please understand I love the kiddos (teach elementary school!:teacher:) but also think there will be a lot more kiddos around that area than just what will "fit in the pool." If the music/wind drowns out the noise great, but I have my doubts- again elementary teacher here- I KNOW how loud 15-20 excited (and rightly so) kids can be-lol ! I'm just saying better planning was in order- perhaps swapping the splash pool location with the new "falls", so keeping adult area adult and still giving kiddos and families a great new place to play!

extechie rbd/wdt
02-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Please understand I love the kiddos (teach elementary school!:teacher:) but also think there will be a lot more kiddos around that area than just what will "fit in the pool." If the music/wind drowns out the noise great, but I have my doubts- again elementary teacher here- I KNOW how loud 15-20 excited (and rightly so) kids can be-lol ! I'm just saying better planning was in order- perhaps swapping the splash pool location with the new "falls", so keeping adult area adult and still giving kiddos and families a great new place to play!

Totally understand and agree about it's poor placement!
I think people are just hoping it isn't a big mistake on DCL's part!

The Satellite Fall's location would disturb the Concierge area.

I guess if there are lot's complain's about noise being heard on the deck below, DCL "could" admit it was a mistake, and make that wading pool another Adult Only pool, without too much trouble.
The stage area is interesting as I wonder what activities or event's they are planing to hold there thou!

Scrappy_Tink
02-17-2012, 09:29 PM
What is with the ladder things to climb in? I think it looks awesome, but a ladder to get into a wading pool seems odd.

That's what I was thinking too!! Maybe it's to help physically challenged people to get in/out? I wonder if there's seats inside that, or do you sit on the edges and dangle your feet? It'll be fun to watch Brumbe13 swim around my feet! Don't forget your strap-on Shark fin! :rotfl:

Zandy595
02-17-2012, 11:02 PM
http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/A+preview+of+Disney+Fantasy/Shipyard+tour+of+the+Disney+Fantasy/G2274,A11204

I mean 57 and 58Thank you. Somehow I missed those photos.

stlkeeler
02-18-2012, 12:34 AM

That's what I was thinking too!! Maybe it's to help physically challenged people to get in/out? I wonder if there's seats inside that, or do you sit on the edges and dangle your feet? It'll be fun to watch Brumbe13 swim around my feet! Don't forget your strap-on Shark fin! :rotfl:

That's what I was going to say, too. As someone who has had both knees replaced and not too steady on my feet, handrails are the difference between being able to use this "pool" and not. There is no way I can climb in and out of the regular pool ladders. I need stairs so I can use my arms more than my weak knees. So, I'm happy to see them! :thumbsup2

Scrappy_Tink
02-18-2012, 06:21 AM
That's what I was going to say, too. As someone who has had both knees replaced and not too steady on my feet, handrails are the difference between being able to use this "pool" and not. There is no way I can climb in and out of the regular pool ladders. I need stairs so I can use my arms more than my weak knees. So, I'm happy to see them! :thumbsup2

I hear you, I have to have double-knee replacement probably within the next couple of years. I went on Aqua Duck last year, and had to have two people help me up, because I cannot go from the ground to standing up. My rheumatologist gave me injections in both my knees today and said not "squats" for a couple of days. I laughed at him. :rotfl2: Really. Squats? My knees haven't been capable of doing squats for years...and I cannot get onto the floor and up without bracing support.

Zandy595
02-18-2012, 01:27 PM
http://www298.pair.com/rjmweb/albums/album04/falls.jpg
borrowed from MoranClan's post

Zandy595
03-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Seating inside SF
http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/members/jason-leppert-albums-disney-fantasy-shipyard-visit-construction-photos-picture4062-satellite-falls-imagineer-peter-ricci.jpg

Zandy595
03-03-2012, 03:20 PM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r197/tomandrobin/Disney%20Fantasy%20Tour/P2290154.jpg

vellamint
03-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Thank you photos.....!! Cant wait to see it in person.

SnowWhite2
03-03-2012, 04:01 PM
I love the look of the Satellite Falls "pool". If I can get the satellite to shield the sun, I'd be camping there.

The white canopy things I assume are like shade cover for the top deck? I'm not a sun bather but like to sit in the shade. The cove pool is now difficult to find shade. I hope I'm right about the canopy.

The family pool looks like the yellow jumpsuit men will be there often. Just wait until the Mickey pool gets closed for cleaning and all of the little kids come up to the family wading pool. Ugh...

I guess we can't expect much from designers who empty out an elevator in the middle of a restaurant or the middle of an adult only area...or put the basketball court on top of Palo and Remy.

WDW Princess 71
03-03-2012, 04:04 PM
is it just me or does it look like the family splash pool is right above adult area? If so, not great idea DCL in MHO because the noise will surely be heard below. No offense to the little guys, but if I'm at the adult pool I want a little time away from the excited squeals of the kiddos. I hope I'm incorrect about this!
Thats exactly how it looks, I just confirmed when I saw the USA today photos. Where that pool and those shaded cabana areas are, are where I spent most of my time laying out above the adult pool on the Dream 2 weeks ago, since there are so few adult lounge chairs in the sun by the pool. I am very glad to be able to enjoy this area in the Dream in May again, I can't believe they did this redesign on the Fantasy, taking away sun space and allowing it for families. I know they can't please everybody and I'm sure many are excited about this feature, but definitely not me. I'll still look forward to trying the Fantasy out in January but I'm not being overly optimistic, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and enjoy hanging out in Satellite Falls area instead...

OrcaPotter
03-03-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm sure Disney scrambled to come up with some sort of resolution to the complaints about the pools and this was the best they could come up with besides doing major changes to the design of the ship. That, no doubt, would have resulted in a significant delay, which I'm sure DCL did not want.

However, hopefully, the lure of the big video screen will encourage most kids to want to hang out over there--plus to have access to the slide and Aquaduck; not to mention the Aqua Lab. Although, honestly, one of my favorite spots on the Dream was the far forward area by concierge. Hardly anyone was ever there, and it was a very relaxing spot. Satellite Falls takes out my favorite bench, but I wouldn't complain if I were blessed to be able to sail on the Fantasy, too! While the layout is confusing, and no doubt the Fantasy will have even worse problems keeping underage traffic out of the adult-only areas, I suspect things won't be as bad as people fear.

When Disney builds their next ships (and you know they will eventually), I suspect they'll put a lot more focus on the upper decks and resolve these issues.

Bear3412
03-04-2012, 12:16 AM
Wow, to the photo of the "family pool" above Cove.
It is tiny. The exact opposite of my initial interpretations from the artist conceptions.
My impressions were backwards. I thought the Family Pool over Cove would be large, and the Sat. Falls pool would be tiny. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is the other way. Sat. Falls big, Cove Family Pool tiny.
I'm surprised to see the stage too. I was sure the stage would have been eliminated at the Family Pool over Cove. And that pool is tiny, unlike Sat. Falls, which is much deeper and larger than I anticipated. I never had a reference of size until the photo of the man sitting in it. :thumbsup2

A while back, some disers conjectured the shade around St. Falls would be turned into "cabanas to rent". :eek: Tell me, someone, this is not happening, please!

Henlady
03-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Satellite Falls will be perfect for DH and I. DH is a sun worshiper, he goes wherever the sun is the brightest and hotest and I stay in the shade. With the "shaded" areas we will actually be able to be in the same area, in close proximity now!!:woohoo:

ilovetexas
03-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Satellite Falls will be perfect for DH and I. DH is a sun worshiper, he goes wherever the sun is the brightest and hotest and I stay in the shade. With the "shaded" areas we will actually be able to be in the same area, in close proximity now!!:woohoo:

I'm with you!! I like to sit on the deck as long as I'm in the shade. Blonde hair, blue eyes and pale skin don't do well in the sun. I can't tell exactly how the traffic flow around the pool area is going to work but I'm sure going to find out in about 10 weeks!! :cool1:

mmouse37
03-04-2012, 09:45 AM
I think the wading pool that is above the adult pool should have been the additional adult pool area and the one all the way forward for the families. I also enjoyed the area above the adult pool on the Dream many times but I can't help but think the area above the Quiet Cove Pool on the Fantasy won't be so quiet. I appreciate that DCL added more water features onboard I just hope they work out.... I will wait and see to how it is in June.

MJ

Zandy595
03-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Satellite Falls is near the concierge private sundeck. Maybe they thought it was better to have SF there than the (possibly louder) family wading pool.

FrostMommy
03-04-2012, 12:25 PM

Ah ha....now I get it. From the new pics I see that people actually get in, therefore a ladder would be necessary. I had thought it was just for sitting on the edge.

Dizzyworld
03-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Seating inside SF
http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/members/jason-leppert-albums-disney-fantasy-shipyard-visit-construction-photos-picture4062-satellite-falls-imagineer-peter-ricci.jpg

I'm in!!:woohoo:Now where is the drink person?

justmestace
03-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Satellite Falls is near the concierge private sundeck. Maybe they thought it was better to have SF there than the (possibly louder) family wading pool.

The upper deck area where they placed Satellite Falls is an adult only area on the Dream. In all the times I went up there, there were only one or two other people in the lounge chairs there, because it was simply too hot. There was an outdoor shower to cool off in, right next to the wall that divides off the Concierge area....but it will be so much nicer now, to have a little shade and a wading pool....which is all these "pools" are meant to be.
On that upper deck is Currents Bar. If you go to the right of Currents, that's a smoking area, and behind it, the adult area where SF will be.
To the left of Currents Bar is a family area.
These both make great spots for viewing the fireworks.....but keep in mind that the right side is adult, and smoking is allowed in the first section.

justmestace
03-04-2012, 03:12 PM
I think the wading pool that is above the adult pool should have been the additional adult pool area and the one all the way forward for the families. I also enjoyed the area above the adult pool on the Dream many times but I can't help but think the area above the Quiet Cove Pool on the Fantasy won't be so quiet. I appreciate that DCL added more water features onboard I just hope they work out.... I will wait and see to how it is in June.

MJ

The one all the way forward next to Currents Bar is an adult only area, and smoking is allowed on that side.....so the "family" idea wouldn't wash.

On the Dream, it was kind of an unspoken "rule" that the lounge area above the Cove was for adults...I don't recall seeing any kids up there. I think they should have made this extra wading pool (near the stage) also for adults only.
The kids have the Mickey and Goofy pools, the new Waterworks area, and the AquaDuck.
BOTH wading pools should be adult only, IMO.