PDA

View Full Version : 3G mobile/cell phone coverage with data

aussieGeorge68
02-16-2012, 08:12 PM
3G mobile/cell phone coverage with data, who do you recommend in Universal, Windsor Hills and the Disney Parks? I am not sure which phone companies offer 3G, I know AT&T does, but I am not sure if any other companies do. I really would love to hear from anyone with a iphone 4, who uses data. My phone is not one of the newer ones that support verizon unfortunately.

PrincessRhi
02-17-2012, 08:09 AM
I have AT&T with an iPhone 4, and I use data. My boyfriend has Verizon with an iPhone 4 (I know that you mentioned that not being an option, but wanted to report anyhow in case anyone else had this question), also uses data. I'm also only able to review Disney parks. I know, not much help :)

On slow park weekends, my data plan is just fine with normal connections. On busy park weekends (ie., this past Marathon weekend) my data is HORRIBLE. In the meat of the day, it takes forever to do ANYTHING, unless I can connect to WiFi. We don't seem to have this issue with Verizon (or friends with Sprint, now that I think of it) in the Disney parks.

aussieGeorge68
02-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Thanks PrincessRhi. I appreciate the feedback. Its a pity I can't use Verizon. Hopefully the parks wont be that busy in late Sept/early Oct.

jque
02-28-2012, 09:40 PM
If you have an unlocked GSM phone you can't use AT&T, they block smart phones except for the few they carry. You might want to stick with T-mobile but you will only get 2G.

aussieGeorge68
02-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Thanks jque.