PDA

View Full Version : Pros and cons for Eastern or western

happyj
02-16-2012, 03:59 PM
If you have the choice which would you do an eastern or western cruise ?

JD&LYD
02-16-2012, 07:05 PM
We've done both and I like them equally. DW however doesn't like the Western as much, Key West was great, Grand Cayman OK, But Cozumel made her jumpy with all the barkers and people hanging around the front of the shops trying to get you to come in.
If you like Sea days and relaxed Islands then the Eastern is the way to go. More ports and shopping etc go west.

bobbiwoz
02-16-2012, 07:11 PM
I love to snorkel, and I think Cozumel is the best for that. When we do eastern I always to to Trunk Bay, USVINP! I do prefer the Western Caribbean cruises the best.

disneybeachprincess
02-16-2012, 08:23 PM
If you have the choice which would you do an eastern or western cruise ?
We too have sailed on both...liked them both for different reasons...honestly if Disney had a 7 night to "nowhere" - just "sea days/nights" - I'd be the first to book it :) THE best part of the DC is being on the DC!

LoveMickey
02-17-2012, 05:29 AM
We too have sailed on both...liked them both for different reasons...honestly if Disney had a 7 night to "nowhere" - just "sea days/nights" - I'd be the first to book it :) THE best part of the DC is being on the DC!

I agree :goodvibes

cloudnut220
02-17-2012, 06:27 AM
Are the seas rougher on an Eastern Itinerary than a Western? We sailed a Western Carribean out of New Orleans a few years ago in February on another line, and we had less motion than we had on our Dream cruise to the Bahamas this past October!

momof2minnies
02-17-2012, 06:45 AM
I heard that the Eastern is rougher because it is less land locked-makes sense.

MagicFan75
02-17-2012, 07:58 AM
We personally prefer the Eastern itinerary because it has more sea days, which we love, and we don't care much for Mexico.