PDA

View Full Version : Disposible Camera for Oceaneer's Club???

Princess Yellow
02-16-2012, 02:38 PM
I love to scrapbook and would like to have photos of my girls in the Oceaneer's Club. I know I can get photos during Open House, but would like to get photos of just kids "doing their thing." Has anyone brought a disposible camera and asked CMs to take pics? Thanks.

TNSallyUSA
02-16-2012, 02:40 PM
That sounds like a great idea. I wonder if they'd mind doing that?

disneybeachprincess
02-16-2012, 03:07 PM
They will be glad to :) And if your kids are old enough, they can take pix of their new disney friends & counselors during the activities! Esp when the characters come to the clubs! I purchase a $5 or $10 disposable camera @ Walmart & put DS's name/stateroom #/phone # on it, just in case. Happy Cruising!

tink,too
02-16-2012, 03:15 PM
That's a great idea! :thumbsup2 Our DD loves to take her own photos on trips, but I never thought about sending a camera with her to the clubs.

disneydiva16
02-16-2012, 06:02 PM
That really is a great idea. I think I will have my youngest do that:goodvibes

disneybeachprincess
02-16-2012, 07:34 PM
And if they meet a friend that they spend the week with...they can get the friend's name, phone # & city they are from (etc...) to put on the back of the picture once developed. It makes great scrapbook/photo memory board pix for my kids to have as the best souveniers from the disney cruises! :love:

tink576
02-16-2012, 07:57 PM
When you go to pick up your kids if you just ask them saying you want to get a couple pictures of them for their scrapbook they'll let you go in and get pictures of the kids doing whatever they're doing. I've done it many times in both the Club and the Lab without any problem, just don't try to go when they are trying to transition.

disneybeachprincess
02-16-2012, 08:17 PM
good point tink576 about not asking during transition...also open house times can be quite hectic...but the counselors will do almost anything they can to make you & your kids happy & have a memorable cruise. one counselor actually remembered our kids 2 years later on our second cruise! we were shocked...she was part of the welcome aboard line up...when you board the ship & they announce your family's name...it was truly magical :) (no pun intended!)

lbgraves
02-16-2012, 08:20 PM
The only thing is that with the recent rule enforcement in the kids areas, they aren't allowing parents in to get their kids at pickup.

sas_mk
02-16-2012, 08:42 PM
The only thing is that with the recent rule enforcement in the kids areas, they aren't allowing parents in to get their kids at pickup.

We just got off the Wonder last week and they are allowing parents in to get their kids at pickup. They simply hand you a "visitor" landyard and let you past the gates to get your kids. I went many times to pickup my kids and found them not-quite at the end of an activity. There were no problems sitting or standing next to my kids for 3-5 minutes while they finished up so we could leave.