PDA

View Full Version : What kind of soda?

DanceGirl914
02-16-2012, 01:34 PM
My family is thinking about trying a cruise in 2013, but I have many questions...
One is in regards to the soda served, my daughter has just been diagnosed with diabetes, and she can only drink diet soda with out it counting in her carb count. What kind of diet soda do they have on the ships?
And if I have to bring my own, are there any stores near the port to go to buy some?

Thanks for your help

nzdisneymom
02-16-2012, 01:44 PM
My family is thinking about trying a cruise in 2013, but I have many questions...
One is in regards to the soda served, my daughter has just been diagnosed with diabetes, and she can only drink diet soda with out it counting in her carb count. What kind of diet soda do they have on the ships?
And if I have to bring my own, are there any stores near the port to go to buy some?

Thanks for your help

We've seen both Diet Coke and Sprite Zero at the drink station. This was in June 2011 on the Wonder.

PrincessShmoo
02-16-2012, 01:44 PM

Thanks for your help

I know there's Diet coke, sprite zero.

Generally, I don't think any of the ports have a store nearby. If you're driving, you would need to find one along the way. If you're flying, and use private transportation, they sometimes will do one stop for you.

:cutie:

krhardy
02-16-2012, 01:59 PM
couldn't post the picture (I'm just not that tech savvy) but here is a link to a thread with a picture of the drink station on the Magic/Wonder...don't know about the Dream/Fantasy selection.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=944563&highlight=beverage+station+pictures
Also...you can bring drinks onboard. I can't have corn syrup OR artificial sweeteners due to a medical condition. I drink "Zevia" which is a soda sweetened with Stevia extract. It is a bit more expensive, but it has a zero glycemic index. You can get it at most major grocery stores.
Hope this helps.

cjlvsccm
02-16-2012, 02:08 PM
couldn't post the picture (I'm just not that tech savvy) but here is a link to a thread with a picture of the drink station on the Magic/Wonder...don't know about the Dream/Fantasy selection.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=944563&highlight=beverage+station+pictures
Also...you can bring drinks onboard. I can't have corn syrup OR artificial sweeteners due to a medical condition. I drink "Zevia" which is a soda sweetened with Stevia extract. It is a bit more expensive, but it has a zero glycemic index. You can get it at most major grocery stores.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info on Zevia! I haven't seen the product before, but I do use Stevia and avoid aspartame. I think a stop at Kroger or Fresh Market is in my future this evening!! :hippie:

cjlvsccm
02-16-2012, 02:11 PM
And to the OP... Best of luck to your daughter, and for the family's cruise!

BeeTeacher
02-16-2012, 05:00 PM
We didn't want to carry heavy sodas for DH who is diabetic, so we brought the MIO drink mix and the Crystal Lite packets and used them at drink station and dining!

disneybeachprincess
02-16-2012, 08:26 PM

Thanks for your help
you can also put that notation on your cruise reservation as a special diet note...& tell your waiter on night one @ dinner...they have sugar free desserts :) happy cruising & good health to all!