PDA

View Full Version : Is there a dummy booking 101 thread?

Britster18
02-16-2012, 09:26 AM
tile says it all!

I just want to do my research and prepare before our cruise.... I know I know, it's almost a year away! :rolleyes1

teach819
02-16-2012, 10:32 AM
If there is, I definitely need a link to it!

Britster18
02-16-2012, 10:41 AM
I think there should be one! ;)

cloudnut220
02-16-2012, 10:56 AM
I don't think there is, but I can tell you from our experience that the onboard booking agent should be familiar with the idea of a dummy booking. When we were onboard the Dream, we told the agent we wanted a dummy booking, so he found the cheapest possible cruise for us so we would get the lowest downpayment. It was really easy. When we got home I had the reservation number in my email!

cwdefouw
02-16-2012, 12:14 PM
The onboard booking cast member should be able to assist with this. Just tell them you want to book a dummy date and they will help. We did this for the first time last summer. The castmember already knew what date to use for the cheapest price and I received the confirmation in the mail shortly after we got back from vacation.

Britster18
02-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Yeah, but I want to know the detail of changing to an actual date, cost, etc. Like if I book a 4 day and want to switch to a 7 day, does my deposit change? all the little extras other then just the OBC.

cloudnut220
02-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Yeah, but I want to know the detail of changing to an actual date, cost, etc. Like if I book a 4 day and want to switch to a 7 day, does my deposit change? all the little extras other then just the OBC.

We were told that when we switched from our dummy to an actual cruise, we would have to pay the difference in deposit, but we would still only owe a 10 percent deposit.

Britster18
02-16-2012, 01:48 PM
We were told that when we switched from our dummy to an actual cruise, we would have to pay the difference in deposit, but we would still only owe a 10 percent deposit.

ok. :thumbsup2

Oh, if I see ONE MORE DISNEY CRUISE commerical!! Hahahahha I'm gonna scream! How ironic.

Anyway, don't you get a 10% discount on the cruise too? The actual cruise?

Figment_Fan
02-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Heck it was the onboard cast member who told us about a dummy cruise and how to book it. On our last cruise, we went to book our next one while we were there. The cruise we wanted was booked solid. The cast memeber explained about the 10% down payment and how that would carry over to when we booked onto the cruise we wanted.

Well, we were not able to get onto the cruise we originally wanted, but we used the dummy cruise to switch to a Mediterranean cruise. Yes, we only had to pay the difference on the 10% down payment, but it was still only 10%. I haven't checked if the onboard credit changed. It was a 4 day dummy to a 12 day Med. It was any easy switch. We couldn't do it online, but a simple call to the cruise reservations department was simple and pleasant. Okay, there was a little pain caused by the total damage that will eventually be done to my credit card, and the savings that will be continuted until we sail in 2013. But hey, it's a Disney cruise. It will be worth it.