PDA

View Full Version : First Disney Cruise to the Bahamas

sarah_carter
02-15-2012, 06:03 PM
I am taking a cruise to the Bahamas for the first time May of 2013. I am just wanting some help on what I would need to bring and what type of passport I would need (the card or the book) and how much money I would need to buy things at nassau (at the port). Thank you for any help you might can tell me.

Will be going on the Disney Dream

Sarah

sissy_ib
02-15-2012, 06:14 PM
I am taking a cruise to the Bahamas for the first time May of 2013. I am just wanting some help on what I would need to bring and what type of passport I would need (the card or the book) and how much money I would need to buy things at nassau (at the port). Thank you for any help you might can tell me.

Will be going on the Disney Dream

Sarah

If you use a passport you will want the book. While you can use the card if gives you no more help than using your birth certificate and photo ID. The main reason you would want to have a passport for a cruise is if for some reason you need to fly home. You can not fly internationally using the card. Since you are going on a "closed loop" cruise you do not need a passport but it is highly recommended.

As far as cash it depends on how much you plan on buying. What are you wanting to get?