PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas for Surprise cruise for my mom

Sccrmnky2005
02-15-2012, 09:31 AM
I've been researching and trying to figure out what my amazing single mother of two kids could possibly want for a wedding gift from her oldest and only daughter.

I'm getting married at WDW in just 4 short months, and she's been there helping with all my DIY craft ideas I've come up with... She's ALWAYS been there. She doesn't need anything else that can be store bought and sit in her house. So I've decided I'm going to take her on a surprise Disney Cruise as a wedding gift from me to show her all my appreciation for everything she's done.

How can I break the news to her on my wedding day as a gift (once I book I'll have a date) but I'd like to do a gift basket or gift with a card stating that we will be taking a mother daughter cruise shortly after the wedding. DF and I are going on a B2B honeymoon in June on the Fantasy so I'm hoping Aug (her birthday month), sept, or Oct, Florida resident rates will come out.

My mother has only been on the 2 night boys and girls club cruise with us on the Dream in Jan 2011 and she really enjoyed her self. So I'm hoping to book a 4 night for her to enjoy this time just us girls.

So I need ideas? Maybe something she can use on the cruise, a tote bag with a few goodies inside? A gift card for a new swim suit? What would you like?

Thank you to everyone in advanced for your suggestions

jilljill
02-15-2012, 11:09 AM
How about a new carry on bag with a bottle of sparkling wine and 2 glasses with a note to say the bottle will be opened as the Dream sails away from PC for the 2 of you?

disneybeachprincess
02-15-2012, 04:14 PM
A MASSAGE WOULD BE MY CHOICE...IT IS SOMETHING I DON'T BUY FOR MYSELF...NOTHING FANCY...:lovestruc

AKMOUSE
02-15-2012, 05:31 PM
oooh! I love surprises and this sounds so neat. I like the idea of getting her a suitcase - a Mickey one of course! and inside have her info on the cruise.

maybe fill it with some things she would need on a cruise - sunglasses, sunscreen, flip flops, etc....

I think this is very thoughtful of you - what a neat gift.

My husband recently surprised me with our cruise that we go on soon. He framed a pic of the Dream and then had an arrow that pointed to where our stateroom is and a pic of it, it had the itinierary in the corner and the dates. It is still framed and hanging on the kitchen so I see it all the time. A neat momento of what will be a great trip!

Sccrmnky2005
02-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Ahhh.. all really great ideas!! Thank you!!!

I'm going to start looking at all your suggestions. I can't wait to book it and get this really going!!

HermanTriplets+1
02-17-2012, 04:51 AM
How about asking one of the DISigners to make a special DISign for her (on the cruise graphics thread) and using it to make a totebag or a t-shirt or sweatshirt, or just a sign for her door or to frame?

Foz
02-17-2012, 10:19 AM
What about a Disney Pinata with a card inside ... :banana:

http://www.pinatas.com/v/vspfiles/photos/157767-2T.jpg

... just google Disney Pinata and you'll get a few links ...

Someone can hang it somewhere in her room and she'll come back to a big surprise ... ;)

Congrats on your forthcoming nuptials ... :rainbow:

Foz
02-17-2012, 10:22 AM
oooh! I love surprises and this sounds so neat. I like the idea of getting her a suitcase - a Mickey one of course! and inside have her info on the cruise.

maybe fill it with some things she would need on a cruise - sunglasses, sunscreen, flip flops, etc....

I think this is very thoughtful of you - what a neat gift.

My husband recently surprised me with our cruise that we go on soon. He framed a pic of the Dream and then had an arrow that pointed to where our stateroom is and a pic of it, it had the itinierary in the corner and the dates. It is still framed and hanging on the kitchen so I see it all the time. A neat momento of what will be a great trip!

bluejasmine just posted a link here re: a sale on Dooney bags ...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2879402 :thumbsup2

Ariel224
02-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Try to get ahold of a copy of the DCL cruise brochure (the nice one that comes as a book) from your TA or directly from DCL, or the DCL travel planning DVD. Print up the itinerary on pretty paper and tuck it inside for her to find.

I'm thinking of surprising DH with a trip to Machu Picchu for his 50th birthday next year and am going to do something similar using a book about Peru.