PDA

View Full Version : How to pack for last morning?

Evasmommy
02-15-2012, 07:37 AM
I'm trying to figure out how to pack so it's easy the last morning. Should I bring a duffel bag to put our dirty clothes etc in? If the luggage needs to be out the night before I'm clueless how to prepare for this. Do most people just not shower that last morning. It's been 11 years since my last cruise and I didn't have a kid with me ;)

emtmom0104
02-15-2012, 07:51 AM
I had set out our clothes in our room the last night and packed the rest of our stuff to leave. We left room in the carry on bags for our dirty clothes. Our seating was main seating so there was no way we were getting showers that morning so we took one before bed so we could pack those items we didn't really need. Just kept out the essentials( toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant).

lbgraves
02-15-2012, 08:29 AM
It depends on the length of your cruise. On 7 night cruises with the four of us I keep a hamper under the desk. On day 4 I put the dirty clothes in a trashbag & load up one of the suitcases under the bed. On night 5/morning 6 I put everything except for dinner clothes, pjs, swim suit [usually CC day] and one outfit for the last night after dinner that will also be worn the next morning. I pack everything else. I like to have this done before we get off the ship at CC so the last night isn't rushed. The wet suits are put in a big ziplock bag and put in the front pocket of the big suitcase, then the bags are put out in the hallway before we leave for dinner, keeping one inside the room. After the show, our dinner clothes go in the last suitcase and it gets put in the hall. We are usually left with a couple of carryons.

Orlando Disney Guy
02-15-2012, 08:30 AM
I agree just keep out what you really need. It is however always a hoot a to see someone at breakfast or in the terminal in their pj's because the left everything else outside the door!

One extra thing I like to do is pack the night BEFORE the last NIGHT, of course setting aside everything I need for the last day on the ship and the travel day which is usally Castaway Cay day. That way why everyone is scrambling tback in their room after dinner the last evening to make the deadline to have their luggage out I can enjoy the ship!

DLW8
02-15-2012, 08:37 AM
We basically do what LBGraves said.

On our first cruise (3 night) I was scrambling after CC to pack everything and then forgot to put the suitcases in the hallway so was running back to the room right before the 'deadline' to place them out there.

Last cruise (7 night) I planned better and used the XXL ziplock bag for dirty laundry that would get quickly folded and put into a suitcase around day 5. We (and by that I mean ME) packed everything the day before CC so that we could enjoy the beach and have a relaxing evening when we got back on the ship.

We left room in the carry on bags for our clothes from that night (we have late dinner) with everything we will need for Saturday morning. Everything else goes in the hall and we enjoy the evening!

The first cruise I thought I had packed all my socks, so went to the gift shop adn bought some Mickey & Minnie ones...got back to the room and I had stuffed the clean socks from home INSIDE my sneakers, hence why I couldn't find them. That's okay, I still love my (fairly pricey) Mickey & Minnie socks.

We definitely shower in the AM (well, DH and I do). I just don't feel myself without showering. Even if you have main dining, you can always go to the buffet for breakfast if you don't want to get up THAT early.

lbgraves
02-15-2012, 10:10 AM
It's worth getting up a bit early the last full day to me because that night is so filled with activities -- dinner, the last show, last stop at Shutters to pick up pictures [which is a ZOO that night], TWMA, Pubnight. It's crazy enough without having to pack.

MomsOf2boys
02-15-2012, 10:29 AM
We unpack all of our things and put in the drawers. We pul one suitcase in the bottom of the closet and use it as a dirty clothes basket. When it is full, we zip it up and put under the bed and pull out the next one. So on the last day we have our day clothes, our swimsuites, our dinner clothes and pjs. Everything else is dirty and packed already. So before dinner we throw all the clothing we are done with, day clothes, swimsuits, etc as well as any cosmetic things not going to be worried about on last morning into the last suitcase and set them outside. We now only have our carry ons and without wine and FE gifts and misc things we have plenty of room for our pjs and dinner clothes. We do shower in the mornings though but we are late diners.

jelo
02-15-2012, 10:35 AM
We unpack all of our things and put in the drawers. We pul one suitcase in the bottom of the closet and use it as a dirty clothes basket. When it is full, we zip it up and put under the bed and pull out the next one. So on the last day we have our day clothes, our swimsuites, our dinner clothes and pjs. Everything else is dirty and packed already. So before dinner we throw all the clothing we are done with, day clothes, swimsuits, etc as well as any cosmetic things not going to be worried about on last morning into the last suitcase and set them outside. We now only have our carry ons and without wine and FE gifts and misc things we have plenty of room for our pjs and dinner clothes. We do shower in the mornings though but we are late diners.
MomsOf2boys, thats a great idea! I had bought a pop up hamper and was going to use that for my dirty clothes, but I can see how I would be there the night before packing dirty clothes into suitcases!!

Thanks, you're idea sounds more logical to me!

kcashner
02-15-2012, 10:53 AM
I have a lightweight nylon suitcase that folds to almost no space at all. It has taken almost as many trips as I have. I unfold it and use it as my laundry bag on the ship. In the days of free luggage, it would go home as a separate bag; if I'm being charged it is smashed into a bigger suitcase. It is totally easy because when I get home, that bag never makes it upstairs. It is tossed into my laundry room.

As to the last morning....depending on our plans for the evening, we typically shower before bed. We leave out just what we'll need for the morning with room in the carry on bags for those items. Honestly, I've found that those toiletries along with some clean undies are a good idea to have in the carry on bags normally as we've had bumped flights a couple of times.

Mineu
02-15-2012, 11:04 AM
We keep trash bags in the closets-one for lights and one for dark clothes and once they are full we either wash them onboard or pack them in the suitcases and wash when we get back.

3Mickeys
02-15-2012, 11:19 AM
We also use suitcases/duffel bags as a "hamper". The beginning of the week only socks and underwear and spilled on things allowed in there to make sure the kids aren't flying through their clothes. Midweek we start tossing in t-shirts and things worn twice. By the time the week is done, most things are dirty and zipped up. When we got ready for dinner the last night we laid out pjs and clothes for the flight home. We kept one small rolling suitcase with us overnight. The shaving kit, cosmetics, liquids went in there after we showered. We rolled it off the ship and then checked it at the airport so we didn't have to carry it on the plane.

Evasmommy
02-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks for some great ideas! We are lucky in that we are sailing out of NYC and are taking a bus back to Providence from NYC after so we don't need to deal with airports backage issues. I still don't want half a million bags on the way to the bus though. I'm thinking the duffle bag for the last day may work for us and definately keeping the dirty laundry in the suitcases is great-always used trash bags or laundry bags but just going straight in sounds like a better idea. What are the breakfast times? For now we have late seating but are on the waitlist for early.

whitfive
02-15-2012, 01:12 PM
We have only been on one cruise and we packed our things that we wouldn't need in the morning and put outside. We kept toiletries, PJ's and clothes and shoes for the next morning. I packed our medicine bag to go into the hall, (including our seasickness medicine which we had not needed the whole trip) Big mistake! :sad2: We were rocking and rolling that last night and the bonine had already gone below!:sick:
Lesson learned......keep medicines with you and put in your carry on..just in case! :thumbsup2
Michelle

mmgrdg
02-15-2012, 04:09 PM
love these ideas!

I usually pack in ziplock bags, so maybe I'll have a pre-made bag for the last night/morning....!!

Disney Dreams
02-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Hmm, I guess we just keep it simple.

Put out the clothes we are going to wear the last morning.

Pack everything else, except PJs, toiletries, and medications.

Zoom back to the room after dinner (late seating) and before Pub Night. Put clothes for last morning on, pack clothes worn to show and dinner. Put bags in hallway.

Go enjoy Pub Night.

Camera, PJs, toiletries, etc... go in carry on bags, along with whatever didn't fit in suitcases (because of souvenirs, etc...).

Last tip: Do NOT forget to empty your stateroom safe.

- Dreams

DisneyDreamin1
02-15-2012, 08:50 PM
What time does Disney request the luggage be put out? We have been on other cruises where it had to be in the hallway by 1 am.

lbgraves
02-15-2012, 10:22 PM
I believe it is 10 pm.