PDA

View Full Version : Really wish this onboard check-in list included Southwest Airlines

poohfriend
02-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Available to Guests flying out of Orlando International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, United Airlines and US Airways.

Are you reading this Southwest? DCL? We would like to have a more relaxing trip home.:)

momto2girls
02-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Available to Guests flying out of Orlando International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, United Airlines and US Airways.

Are you reading this Southwest? DCL? We would like to have a more relaxing trip home.:)

I know!!! We just returned from our latest cruise, and I must have said that 10 times at least. DH did mention it to Guest Services and the guy said that "they are working on it". :confused3

kcashner
02-14-2012, 06:23 PM
"Working on it" has been going on for years...literally.

I don't know what it will take, but frankly those times that we are on a participating airline we decide that the convenience is worth the cost of the DCL transfers. Non-participating, maybe not.

socababy
02-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Does DCL use this baggage transfer program for other airports like in Vancouver over the summer?? I am hoping to use it when in Miami since I just booked my AA flights!

jdb in AZ
02-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Does DCL use this baggage transfer program for other airports like in Vancouver over the summer?? I am hoping to use it when in Miami since I just booked my AA flights!

From your lips to DCL's mouse ears!!! Right now they don't offer the transfer program for any of the west coast cruises.

Mickeyhugger
02-15-2012, 10:46 AM
I wonder if Southwest chooses not to participate as another way of keeping their costs down?:confused3

As far as I know, they still don't have interline ticket or baggage agreements with other airlines, I'm guessing they'd have to pay DCL for this service as well. Just my guess.:confused:

miztressuz
02-15-2012, 12:59 PM
it took years but finally just in the last two years Southwest was added to the WDW so maybe soon DCL will get it added.

i agree with a PP, it'd be the only value to DCL transfers for us. if i have to shlep my own bags i'm going to go with a cheaper alternative. but for them to magically arrive home... i would consider paying the DCL transfer money.

poohfriend
02-15-2012, 02:20 PM
it took years but finally just in the last two years Southwest was added to the WDW so maybe soon DCL will get it added.

i agree with a PP, it'd be the only value to DCL transfers for us. if i have to shlep my own bags i'm going to go with a cheaper alternative. but for them to magically arrive home... i would consider paying the DCL transfer money.

Before they added it at WDW, I never even blinked -- just part of taking Southwest. Now I am spoiled at WDW.

I could save a little bit by getting a rental car..but I'd still have the bag hassle. Would be willing to pay a fee onboard to check my bags.