PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Coffe Mug cost and details?

bluejasmine
02-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Anyone bought this yet and is it a complementary coffee daily and is it just the regular coffee?

TDC Nala
02-14-2012, 01:24 PM
The coffee you can get at no extra charge is at the drink station on the pool deck, and in the dining rooms. It is the regular Disney/Nescafe type coffee. There is never any extra charge for refills, so you don't need a mug program for that.

There is, as far as I recall, no free or reduced price refill program for specialty coffee drinks from the Cove Cafe, although they have had those cards where you bring it back and once you have purchased a certain number of beverages you get one free. My friend has used those. I don't drink coffee and they don't include booze so I've never had one of the cards.

They also don't sell coffee mugs for the station, except for some of the specialty cruises (Alaska had them), so bring your own if you want an insulated mug.

I bought the Alaska mugs, and they were not good for free refills from the Cove.

bluejasmine
02-14-2012, 01:33 PM
On the DCL website under Cove Cafe (Fantasy) it mentions a refillable coffee mug but not the price.. Was just hoping for more details..

TDC Nala
02-14-2012, 01:36 PM
If there is such a thing now, it is likely not for specialty beverages. I was on the Dream in October/November and they didn't have anything like that. If it's only for the Fantasy, the Fantasy doesn't sail until the end of next month.

Tower
02-14-2012, 01:52 PM
They also don't sell coffee mugs for the station, except for some of the specialty cruises (Alaska had them), so bring your own if you want an insulated mug.DCL actually discourages that for sanitation purposes. Like at buffets requesting you to use a new plate each time you go up, the drink stations are likewise. If you like, you can fill up a disposable cup at the station, then pour it into your own thermal mug.:)

borgthe
02-14-2012, 02:03 PM
It doesn't look like it is a refillable mug. It says specialty coffee mug. I think it is a ceramic mug you would take home.

MPS516
02-14-2012, 02:07 PM
On the DCL website under Cove Cafe (Fantasy) it mentions a refillable coffee mug but not the price.. Was just hoping for more details..

Don't know about the Fantasy but the Wonder has a punch card you buy and get 5 coffees for the price of 4. (numbers may not be right, it was DW who actually did this)

mmouse37
02-14-2012, 02:29 PM
On the current ships there is a frequent purchase program. It is only in Cove Cafe (and also in Vista Cafe on the Dream). As mentioned already you will be given a card (like a business card) with places to punch or have date stamped (I have had them punch it and other times they stamp the date on the back).

I believe the current program is once you have paid for 5 drinks the next one is free.

I have been told on several occasions by several different Cove Cafe CM's that the card can be used from cruise to cruise, ship to ship.

MJ

AquaDame
02-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Sigh... even though I drink decaf this is going to be necessary... :lmao:

Zandy595
02-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Guests who purchase a specialty coffee mug—available in Cove Café and other shops onboard—are entitled to a complimentary coffee in Cove Café.They show this for all the ships, except the Dream. The way I understand it, you buy a souvenier coffee mug from one of the shops and you get one free coffee at Cove Cafe.

mmouse37
02-14-2012, 02:59 PM
They show this for all the ships, except the Dream. The way I understand it, you buy a souvenier coffee mug from one of the shops and you get one free coffee at Cove Cafe.

That would be a separate program from the punch card....unless it changed since November. I have had the punch card on the Wonder in August and again on the Dream in November (and the Magic before that).

MJ