PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me About Pool Towels

shburks
02-14-2012, 10:32 AM
I know...probably silly, but we're considering doing one of the excursions where we hike and then get in the water! We'll wear swimsuits under our clothes and will want to take towels...but of course, we need to carry the towels! I'm wondering if they're the thin kind that will roll up small to get into a smallish backpack or if I'll need a bigger bag to carry three towels from the ship.

kcashner
02-14-2012, 10:35 AM
The pool towels are decent, but not as nice and fluffy as the bathroom towels. They are bath size, again, not big like beach towels that you can purchase. I have no problem tossing one or two in a beach bag. They will roll up fairly small--I guess it depends on what else is in the backpack.:goodvibes

shburks
02-14-2012, 10:47 AM
The pool towels are decent, but not as nice and fluffy as the bathroom towels. They are bath size, again, not big like beach towels that you can purchase. I have no problem tossing one or two in a beach bag. They will roll up fairly small--I guess it depends on what else is in the backpack.:goodvibes

Ha! I *think* that helps! :lmao: I was actually hoping they weren't too big so we could easily carry three in a bag without it being too cumbersome. The bag would only have towels...and maybe a water bottle or two.

kcashner
02-14-2012, 10:52 AM
You can always go to the pool deck and get pool towels a day or two before your excursion--play with the packing in advance rather than doing it as you are preparing to leave.

There will be dirty towel bins outside the ship as you prepare to re-board. Obviously, the one request from the ship is that they do come back.....:goodvibes

3Mickeys
02-14-2012, 10:57 AM
We brought towels for 5 of us off the ship to the beach in St Maarten and St Thomas. My dh's backpack has some straps and we were able to strap a few to the outside so we still had room for sunblock, water, etc.

shburks
02-15-2012, 11:19 AM
You can always go to the pool deck and get pool towels a day or two before your excursion--play with the packing in advance rather than doing it as you are preparing to leave.

There will be dirty towel bins outside the ship as you prepare to re-board. Obviously, the one request from the ship is that they do come back.....:goodvibes

Good point! That didn't occur to me to do a test pack!