PDA

View Full Version : DCL Transfers To Port - What Time Do They Want Your Bags?

Linda67
02-14-2012, 12:12 AM
We are using DCL Transfers from the Wilderness Lodge to the Port but have a 7:30am Breakfast at 'Ohana
What time would we need to drop our bags off?
I have read that some people have left their bags outside their rooms for collection but I wouldn't want to leave them unattended from 7:00am when we head off.
Could they be collected from inside our room whilst we are out or could we drop them at bell services ourselves?
Also does anyone have a rough idea of what time the DCL bus will pick us up?
TIA :)

kcashner
02-14-2012, 12:31 AM
For many years now, they have been collected from INSIDE your hotel room at about 8 am. You do not have to be there provided they have the DCL tags on the handles. If you'd like bell services to come before you leave for breakfast, this is easily arranged--call them the evening before to set a time about 15 minutes before you plan to leave. That way, if they aren't there you can call again and remind them without stressing out over being late to breakfast!:goodvibes

The bus will pick you up between 11:30 and 12:30. You will receive a letter in your room on the last full day giving you the precise time for pickup and for luggage (which you can alter as above).

TDC Nala
02-14-2012, 09:07 AM
I have never left the luggage outside at WDW. They always come into the room to get it whether I am there or not. They say it should be ready to go at 8 AM and they aren't kidding (at least not in my experience)

Pappert
02-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Has anyone ever had a problem with their luggage not appearing on the cruise? We are staying at WDW before our cruise also and was wondering if it is safer if we transfer our luggage with us. I would hate to be on a 7 night cruise without luggage.

Linda67
02-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the info everyone :)
We will be heading off for our breakfast at 7am but I am more than happy for bell services to collect our bags whilst we are not there
I guess I will have to 'hide' our carry-on bag just in case they took that by mistake
Thanks again!

kcashner
02-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the info everyone :)
We will be heading off for our breakfast at 7am but I am more than happy for bell services to collect our bags whilst we are not there
I guess I will have to 'hide' our carry-on bag just in case they took that by mistake
Thanks again!

You can choose to take the carry on bag to breakfast with you. I put our bags for the cruise together right inside the door with a note reading "4 bags to go to Disney Magic" on it...so if they see anything else in the room it should be obvious that it's not part of the cruise luggage.

No, never had a problem with luggage not making it from WDW to the ship.