PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a snorkeling raft for kids?

NMMickeymom
02-13-2012, 11:16 PM
We are debating purchasing a snorkeling raft for our kids. They have snorkeled before but my little one (DD8) gets frustrated with the goggles. We were considering taking one along with us. Anyone lug a raft along? Thoughts? Suggestions? :goodvibes

zealandsmom
02-14-2012, 12:20 AM
We are debating purchasing a snorkeling raft for our kids. They have snorkeled before but my little one (DD8) gets frustrated with the goggles. We were considering taking one along with us. Anyone lug a raft along? Thoughts? Suggestions? :goodvibes

I thought I read no rafts/floats can be brought? If we can, I will bring one for CC.

kcashner
02-14-2012, 12:52 AM
I don't know if they are allowed in the snorkel lagoon on Castaway Cay--I've certainly never seen one used there. I suppose you could use it in the general swimming area as there are plenty of DCL rafts in that area.

loveysbydesign
02-14-2012, 09:32 AM
What we did was just rent one of the blue mats and my kids put on goggles and they could fit 2 to a raft and just peer down into the water while floating. They loved it! They have snorkeled at other places in the past but found this way much more relaxing.

NMMickeymom
02-14-2012, 11:03 PM
I guess I was thinking about taking one on our snorkeling excursion in St. Thomas. I asked our tour operator and they are fine with us having one along. I was just curious about how people have managed taking the rafts along.