PDA

View Full Version : DCL Stateroom Amenities & Room Tips

MrsMcIB
02-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Hello everyone,

We are traveling in a relatively standard room, no suites for us.

I am wondering what type of ameneties are already in the room.

For example, we were on another cruise and soap, shower gel and shampoo were provided in dispensers in the shower.

Also, if you have any room tips such as bringing a blow dryer, a surge protector etc. I would appreciate it.

I am putting together tips, hints and tricks for a party of 11.

Thanks in advance for all your assistance! pirate:

MrsMcIB

sissy_ib
02-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Hello everyone,

For example, we were on another cruise and soap, shower gel and shampoo were provided in dispensers in the shower.

Also, if you have any room tips such as bringing a blow dryer, a surge protector etc. I would appreciate it.

MrsMcIB

There is shampoo, conditioner, body soap and lotion in the bathrooms. They are all H2O products.
I didn't bring a laundry basket and really wish I had one of those little pop-up ones.

disneybeachprincess
02-13-2012, 03:02 PM
There is a great list on another thread of things to bring that you might not think of...if anyone has the link, please post it! Things like a night light, an ext cord, a surge protector, alarm clock, clothespins to hang stuff to dry, etc...You will love the products they offer! You will need to bring swimmers ear drops, sunscreen, tylenol/advil, earplugs, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc...Love the pop up hamper suggestion sissy ib! Adding it to my list! Happy cruising!

kcashner
02-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Every list I've ever seen has tons of stuff on it that we've never brought and never needed! THink before you pack.

For instance, GS has single dose ibuprofen and acetomenophen available at no charge--do you really need to pack that bottle "just in case?" The answer is a personal decision and might depend on luggage charges. We love taking a lighted alarm clock, but have never needed a night light (there is a reflector strip on the bathroom door, and if you want more you can crack open the door. Yes to a multi-plug power strip, at least on the classic ships.

You will find soap, shampoo, conditioner, and body butter (H2O Spa line) in the cabin. They are replaced on an "as needed" basis. You can take towels from the pool deck to excursions--no need to bring beach towels. Many people opt to bring a hair dryer as those on the classic ships are not very strong.

I've never made sense out of bringing duct tape or bungie cords....the stateroom hosts will happily prop open connecting doors. Consider the length of the cruise, cost of luggage, etc. before you throw in everything but the kitchen sink (says the one who always over packs).

ravensilverlight
02-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Hello everyone,

MrsMcIB

You'll find shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and a couple bars of soap (one for the shower, one for the sink!) already in your bathroom. The products are really good - I :love: the shampoo and conditioner! Your room steward will replenish as needed, or you can always ask for a little extra if you need it. Don't waste luggage room on those unless you're really addicted to your own brand.

A surge protector is pretty useful. If you need anything close to the bed, you'll need an extension cord (for instance, if you have someone who needs CPAP at night). I've always found the hair dryers adequate - but then, I don't have particularly thick hair; YMMV.

Probably the BEST two things to pack I can suggest are:
1) a hanging organizer - either an over-the-door style shoe rack, or one of those shelf ones that hang over the closet bar, or both! The shoe kind is great for organizing bathroom needs so they're easily visible (storage in the bathroom is kinda light, so we use one for suntan lotion, toothpaste, brushes, etc.). The shelf kind is great for clothes; we find the drawer and cabinet space is adequate, but that things get jumbled together. The extra shelves allow us to separate everybody's clothes to make it easier to find things. Both store flat in our luggage, so space isn't an issue.
2) a few clothespins - good for hanging wet clothes on the clothesline in the tub, but ALSO highly useful for clipping together the room divider curtain. It doesn't always close completely, and a little light gets through. If someone is a picky sleeper and you have someone else watching tv, for example, those clothespins are invaluable.

MPS516
02-13-2012, 04:30 PM
A short heavy duty extension cord with a multi adapter on the end to plug in all those camera, computer and phone batteries. The bathroom electricity will not run a hair dryer so if you are planning on your own hair dryer remember it will be done at the desk. A custom door magnet so everyone can find the room in a sea of all the same doors.

Silverfox97
02-13-2012, 04:48 PM
I always brought my own hair dryer and dried it at the desk on the classic ships; the one on the Dream is actually better than mine!

The H2O soap/shampoo/conditioner/lotion are great.

kcashner is right - THINK before you pack. Yes, there is a list out there and there is a lot of stuff you don't need on it. Never bought or found a need for the over-the-door organizer, but wouldn't think to ever leave our pop-up hampers at home. Everyone is different. (I would also never bring bottled water - I cringe when I see people lugging on a case.)

We usually overpack because we have no restrictions since we just drive to the port from Tampa. However, it was nice on the cruise we just got off of Sun AM to not have to lug all of the extra stuff. We've definitely gotten packing savvy in 5 cruises :goodvibes

WDdaughter
02-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Ditto to the comments about overpacking. I now bring 1 black skirt or pants and just change my top for several outfits. Bring your own candy and wine/beer/liquor to save some money.

Disney appears to offer little extras based on the cruise. For example, we just went on the 7 day mexican riviera that they slashed prices on to fill the ship and offered ksf. The extras appeared to be slashed as well lol. For example, no little bags of chips at Pluto;s Dog House. Very minimal snacks at Cove Cafe and the same few items every day for the week, no variety. Buffets seemed to have less variety as well. Sorry, didnt mean to highjack for my rant:sad2:

dbarker
02-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Anyone know what amenities are in the spa showers? I think I read there were disposable razors. Anything else?

I am determined to pack much lighter for this next cruise.

TIA for all the responses.