PDA

View Full Version : Anyone name Costco as TA on board booking?

bluenosemickey
02-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Just wondering if you could use Costco and get the gift cards for booking?

crusingmama
02-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Have not done it personally, but I plan on doing it for my cruise this summer. I called and confirm with Costco regarding this very question. The rep said that as long as I list them at the time of the booking there would be any issue with receiving the cash card.

Hopefully some with respond who has actually done it.

cypressmom
02-12-2012, 08:46 PM
When I booked through Costco, I did not get an OBC, but after my cruise, I will get 10% of my cruise cost in a Costco gift card.

ruadisneyfan2
02-12-2012, 08:51 PM
I never have but a good friend used to use them for booking cruises. They recently started charging change fees so I wouldn't recommend booking a dummy date and naming them as your TA unless you have a definite date in mind.

crusingmama
02-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks for that bit of info. I will have to follow up with them regarding that. This will be my second cruise that I booked with Costco and I have not incurred any fees for changes that I have made to my booking...granted my cruise date never changed...

bluenosemickey
02-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the replies, I must follow up with costco about the change fees. I will be booking a dummy cruise and will need to change the dates.

minniesfriend
02-12-2012, 09:59 PM
We used Costco for two of our DCL and AAA for the most recent.

The first two trips we rec'd the gift card. While onboard our second cruise, we booked our third and planned on transferring it to Costco. When we called, we were informed that onboard bookings were no longer eligible for the large gift card and we would only receive $150 (the booking was for an 11 day Med. in 2010 so we were expecting a larger amount). I can't remember the explanation - seems like they said is was something Disney was doing. So we went with AAA instead. I was actually happier using AAA; we rec'd over $700 OBC (which came in handy with the price of those excursions!) and a nice welcome basket in our cabin. I liked their overall service better, too. JMHO.

I hope you have a wonderful trip!:)

princesscinderella
02-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Yes you can name Costco as the ta while onboard and get the cash card after you sail. I booked on board two weeks ago for 2013 fantasy. When you get back call Costco with your Disney ressie and they can pull it into their system and will email you the Costco confirmation with your cash card amount, itinerary, price breakdown, etc. It will not however say the on board booking credit from Disney.

bluenosemickey
02-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks minniesfriend! I had read that on the Costco website. Just wondering if it was true. I guess I might use CAA as we did this time, however, we didn't get much in the way of OBC from them. Just some photo credits that totaled about $50 or so.

UmmGooD
02-14-2012, 09:11 AM
I just want to comment on the change fee comment. I don't think Costco will charge you a change fee if you are reasonable and have a good reason to change. For example I booked a cruise through Costco for March 13th on the Dream of this year. I then realized I found a better room for the kids and called and changed it and they had no problem.

Then I found out we were expecting another child and would no longer fit in the room we had booked so I called up Costco again and moved to the MR cruise on March 11th (because the Dream cruise was priced out of our league by the time we found out) and they moved us to that cruise.

I then booked another cruise for spring break 2013. Then I called to move my room because the one I wanted they said was not available so they booked me in one of the available 4E rooms since there were only 6. I read reviews and found out there was a 4E with half pexiglass veranda that I wanted instead and called and had it switched no problem no fee.

That doesn't count the 10 times I called to request things like dining rotations, crib for the room, diaper genie, etc... with no fees and no problems. I think Costco put that in place for people who abuse the system but if you are honestly just trying to make sure you are getting what you need they probably won't charge you the fee. This is my personal experience anyway.

I do plan to reshop my cruise for 2013 when I am on board next month if the prices have stayed close to the same price. I'll post what happened since I already have the 2013 cruise booked through Costco.

ruadisneyfan2
02-14-2012, 07:30 PM
I just want to comment on the change fee comment. I don't think Costco will charge you a change fee if you are reasonable and have a good reason to change. For example I booked a cruise through Costco for March 13th on the Dream of this year. I then realized I found a better room for the kids and called and changed it and they had no problem.

Then I found out we were expecting another child and would no longer fit in the room we had booked so I called up Costco again and moved to the MR cruise on March 11th (because the Dream cruise was priced out of our league by the time we found out) and they moved us to that cruise.

I then booked another cruise for spring break 2013. Then I called to move my room because the one I wanted they said was not available so they booked me in one of the available 4E rooms since there were only 6. I read reviews and found out there was a 4E with half pexiglass veranda that I wanted instead and called and had it switched no problem no fee.

That doesn't count the 10 times I called to request things like dining rotations, crib for the room, diaper genie, etc... with no fees and no problems. I think Costco put that in place for people who abuse the system but if you are honestly just trying to make sure you are getting what you need they probably won't charge you the fee. This is my personal experience anyway.
I do plan to reshop my cruise for 2013 when I am on board next month if the prices have stayed close to the same price. I'll post what happened since I already have the 2013 cruise booked through Costco.

It must depend on the agent. My friend who was charged the fee had to change summer weeks due to her children's sports activities. I wouldn't call that abusing the system.

UmmGooD
02-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Wow ok I haven't had an agent charge me yet. I have spoken to several and haven't had an issue.