PDA

View Full Version : bahama blue lagoon beach ?'s

Cinderella Mom
02-12-2012, 05:55 PM
My family and I will be cruising on the Dream for the first time in October. Planning on booking the Blue Lagoon Dolphin encounter and would like to spend he remainder of the day on Blue Lagoon beach. Does anyone know how much it is to play on the inflatables in the water there? Also, do they accept cash? Feel more comfortable knowing prices ahead of time so I can budget appropriately. Anything else to see or do on Blue Lagoon Beach? Also, as a first time cruiser, how fast does the dolphin encounter book up? Thanks for your help!

scootch
02-12-2012, 06:06 PM
The inflatables in the ocean and on land are all free. I think you had to rent just a tubefloat if you wanted to, but there were so many just laying around, we just used one for a short time. You can always cancel the encounter, so i would book it on the first day you are able, just to be sure you get it. Food is not included, so we ate before we left, and only had ice cream/chips while there. They had a small place to eat, but we looked at it and chose not to(not sure why, selection maybe??)... we just ate as soon as we got back on the ship. If you want pictures, order them as soon as your encounter is over as they take about an hour... then just go enjoy the beach(and a smoothie, yummy) The ferry holds alot more than it looks like, so no need to be the first in line for it, just head that way about 10 minutes before it arrives. I have some pictures of the inflatable if you want to pm me your email, I will email you a few.

LoriABil
02-12-2012, 06:06 PM
We went and did the Dolphin Swim at Blue Lagoon in May. It was fantastic! If it is still the same, you can stay and play at the beach - and play on the inflatables. This is all included in the price of the dolphin encounter. If you do play on the inflatables, they make you wear a bright yellow life vest, even if you are a good swimmer. The lifeguard explained that it made it easier to see if people were in trouble.

It was a really nice beach, with hammocks and seating in the shade. You would need to bring money for souvenirs and food. I have some pics of these beach somewhere, if that would help. But I think I mainly have video.

Cinderella Mom
02-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Thanks so much for the quick responses! How much are the photos and DVD's from the dolphin encounter?Thanks again.