PDA

View Full Version : new cc gift

simbasmom2
02-12-2012, 01:56 PM
I haven't seen this posted yet...new cc gifts! Blue backpack, chip and dale snacks, etc. Sister just boarded and sent me a text. Sorry if this is old news.

Elfinjojo
02-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Cool, about time there was a change:cool1:

jjgarv
02-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Can't wait to hear more and see some pictures! :cool1:

simbasmom2
02-12-2012, 02:10 PM
And a new key chain.

Long Island Mickey
02-12-2012, 02:20 PM
No more lanyard?

simbasmom2
02-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Yes, you get the lanyard when you check in.:)

simbasmom2
02-12-2012, 02:31 PM
She sent me pictures, I will try to post them later. :)

Long Island Mickey
02-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Lol thanks! My hubby is really excited for the lanyard!:yay:

mammacaryn
02-12-2012, 02:40 PM
I haven't seen this posted yet...new cc gifts! Blue backpack, chip and dale snacks, etc. Sister just boarded and sent me a text. Sorry if this is old news.

What level is she?

moffboyz2
02-12-2012, 02:53 PM
http://http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u483/moffboyz2/image.jpg

I am silver :)

kimpossible
02-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Is that a back pack?:thumbsup2

Renysmom
02-12-2012, 03:01 PM
So glad to see this. I really didn't need a 4th red bag this October. The backpack sounds great.

mmouse37
02-12-2012, 03:02 PM
First time we are hearing of it...thanks for posting!!

MJ

firsttimemom
02-12-2012, 03:05 PM
so glad its not those rice krispy treats!

stitchlovestink
02-12-2012, 03:14 PM
I guess no more water bottles? I like the idea of a backpack and a new bag design, but am a bit bummed that we are losing items just by changing bag designs. I'd rather keep the old bag and have the water bottles. and they could have done a snack that is a little more exciting than pretzels. that seems like quite a disappointment too next to the flip flop rice krispie treats! ;)
I don't know that I am all that happy to hear that they have changed the CC gift. IMO they have cut corners on this one. somewhat disappointing....:sad1:

papertraveller
02-12-2012, 03:15 PM
I like the looks of that backpack -- found the red drawstring style tough to find things in.

tinkagain
02-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Oh that makes me so happy to hear. I gave away so many of the red bags and never ate the rice crispy flip flops. Cannot wait to get mine. Thanks for the good news.

lmhall2000
02-12-2012, 03:18 PM
I wonder if it is big enough for snorkel gear?

simbasmom2
02-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Thanks for posting the picture sis, now get off of disboards and go have fun!!! Get a DOTD! Lucky duck :cool1:

simbasmom2
02-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Duplicate

cnj
02-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks for posting this! So excited about this. I hated the rice krispie flip flops! It will be nice to have something new! The backpack is great!

son3disfan
02-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Just wondering.....what ship is your sister on?

We sail on the Magic in a few weeks and would love a new gift!

Happydog
02-12-2012, 03:42 PM
So funny, because there is a thread just started as well asking about the CCay club gifts, and if they are the same for the Gold and Platinum as they are for Silver... I am now really curious! We leave next Sunday for a 4 night and our first as Gold, so very excited to get something different! I agree! Those blue and red flipflops were very cute, but toooo sweet and I am just looking forward to something new! :thumbsup2

Patrickprincess
02-12-2012, 04:00 PM
So funny, because there is a thread just started as well asking about the CCay club gifts, and if they are the same for the Gold and Platinum as they are for Silver... I am now really curious! We leave next Sunday for a 4 night and our first as Gold, so very excited to get something different! I agree! Those blue and red flipflops were very cute, but toooo sweet and I am just looking forward to something new! :thumbsup2

Great just what i need another back pack. I allready have one from my state fair and i don't use that one. I was looking foward to the water bottle and i like rice krispie treats. And i sure don't need another key ring this i hate to say it sucks

BigRed1
02-12-2012, 04:15 PM
so glad its not those rice krispy treats!
:rotfl2: My thoughts exactly!! I love Rice Krispie treats, but I have thrown away the ones from the last 2 or 3 cruises. They looked like they had been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for 3 or 4 years!! :lmao:

TamieH
02-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Thanks very much for sharing. This is great news. I was hoping they would have new gifts soon. IMO - they should introduce new gifts every year due to the high number of cruisers that cruise each year. We have two of the red/black round bags and no one ever ate the rice krispy treats. The current water bottles were ok, but that style sweats a lot. Our favorites are the older ones that were blue with the flip up top. Great size and nice grip with the blue liner. The backpack will be a nice change. This is something the family will use throughout the year.

We don't cruise for the gift, so whatever they provide is a nice treat and appreciated. This will be our 5th cruise, so we will be Gold next time.

aan1701
02-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Wow I am amazed by some of the replies here. People should be happy to get anything. The fact is they don't have to give us anything as a return guest. I never get a welcome back gift at WDW. I am happy with whatever they provide since they don't have to give me anything. If this post has upset you, I am sorry. Just expressing my opinion just like others here have.

jlwhitney
02-12-2012, 04:35 PM
I guess no more water bottles? I like the idea of a backpack and a new bag design, but am a bit bummed that we are losing items just by changing bag designs. I'd rather keep the old bag and have the water bottles. and they could have done a snack that is a little more exciting than pretzels. that seems like quite a disappointment too next to the flip flop rice krispie treats! ;)
I don't know that I am all that happy to hear that they have changed the CC gift. IMO they have cut corners on this one. somewhat disappointing....:sad1:

It is a free gift, they can do what they want. Be happy they even give you anything since they don't have to. I think the vast majority of people are glad for the change. The water bottles were crappy and scratched up and we not insulated...the rice krispies were gross....but in the end its nice to see a change.

If you had never gotten the old stuff...maybe someone on here has some extras they could give you.

jlwhitney
02-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks very much for sharing. This is great news. I was hoping they would have new gifts soon. IMO - they should introduce new gifts every year due to the high number of cruisers that cruise each year. We have two of the red/black round bags and no one ever ate the rice krispy treats. The current water bottles were ok, but that style sweats a lot. Our favorites are the older ones that were blue with the flip up top. Great size and nice grip with the blue liner. The backpack will be a nice change. This is something the family will use throughout the year.

We don't cruise for the gift, so whatever they provide is a nice treat and appreciated. This will be our 5th cruise, so we will be Gold next time.

I agree with you, but at the same time the percentage of people that cruise once a year is actually pretty small. It seems like a lot with all the repeat on the DIS but in the end we are the minority so it wouldn't be worth it to disney to change.

What I think they should do is have something different on each ship...and put the ship name on the stuff and such.

kjd469
02-12-2012, 04:39 PM
...I actually like the Rice Krispie flip flops :blush:

J&K'sPrincessMommy
02-12-2012, 04:39 PM
It looks a lot like the ABD backpacks, which is really great. It holds quite a bit. :)

PrincessShmoo
02-12-2012, 04:43 PM

We did too. :goodvibes

:cutie:

taswira
02-12-2012, 04:58 PM
It is a free gift, they can do what they want. Be happy they even give you anything since they don't have to. I think the vast majority of people are glad for the change. The water bottles were crappy and scratched up and we not insulated...the rice krispies were gross....but in the end its nice to see a change.
I agree. When we were on the Dream earlier this month, we were told they'd soon be changing some of the CC gifts, but they didn't know exactly when. I'm glad for the change since we sail again in April. I've had about 5 of the red & black bags and contents. Gave the last 4 away. I'm with you about those Rice Krispie frosted flip-flops ... too gross looking for me to even try. Since I'm a Chip 'n' Dale fan, I'm glad to see something Chip 'n' Dale included now, even though I probably won't eat that either. http://www.animalpark.org/ChipDale/cdclavt.jpg

It would be nice if they change the Platinum gifts also, but if they don't, no problem! ;)

stitchlovestink
02-12-2012, 05:02 PM

If you had never gotten the old stuff...maybe someone on here has some extras they could give you.

I didn't say they had to give me or any return cruiser any gift. I am entitled to an opinion. And last time I checked, I was entitled to voice it here, just like everyone else. I have seen several other posts on this thread of people who liked the rice krispie treats too. and another poster who Posted very boldly that they were looking forward to the water bottle but you don't seem to be criticizing their post?? I personally did not find the water bottles to be crappy. We liked them. One of ours got lost and so now we only have 3 for a family of 4 and we were looking forward to being able to replace it this year so that everyone had one again. Excuse me for NOT agreeing with you. You are entitled to your opinion. I am entitled to mine. I think that they are slowly decreasing the gift and probably will continue to do so. It is their prerogative to do as they see fit/want.

andersonfamily
02-12-2012, 05:21 PM
You cant have too many backpacks! They look great to us and just the right size to carry on Castaway Cay in three weeks! :cool1:

pluto1979
02-12-2012, 05:26 PM
I think people need to be a little bit more open in allowing people to voice their individual opinions. Lets all be Disney-like and not pass judgments nor blast someone for what they have to say.

Just my opinion but I think some of us might try to be a little bit nicer towards other peoples postings.

Happy Cruising to all!!!

pluto1979
02-12-2012, 05:27 PM
I didn't say they had to give me or any return cruiser any gift. I am entitled to an opinion. And last time I checked, I was entitled to voice it here, just like everyone else. I have seen several other posts on this thread of people who liked the rice krispie treats too. and another poster who Posted very boldly that they were looking forward to the water bottle but you don't seem to be criticizing their post?? I personally did not find the water bottles to be crappy. We liked them. One of ours got lost and so now we only have 3 for a family of 4 and we were looking forward to being able to replace it this year so that everyone had one again. Excuse me for NOT agreeing with you. You are entitled to your opinion. I am entitled to mine. I think that they are slowly decreasing the gift and probably will continue to do so. It is their prerogative to do as they see fit/want.

There is a set of water bottles listed on eBay right now! I just saw them listed and thought I would let you know.

Happy Sailing!!!

joeyandangiesmom
02-12-2012, 05:34 PM
After 23 cruises, all I really care about is the #1 boarding pass LOL!!!!

CMJeanae
02-12-2012, 05:37 PM
I'll admit that I liked the RC treats but I always wound up with a year's supply (who am I kidding, a day's supply) after everyone else passed theirs on to me. And here I thought they were just being nice. :rotfl:

While I'll miss my sugar treats, I'm glad that their changing it up - new things to dislike! Er, like. The backpack looks great and while I really like the red duffle - once again I was the recipient of others'. Same with the water bottle, now that I think about it ... hm. For one of the people I last cruised with, it was because she had a full set of all the items and who needs waterbottle #9? I mean, you can only have so many waiting in your fridge. Unless you've got a bunch of teens but that's really planning for the rare guest. So new toys!

I do hope they keep switching it up every couple years or so. After all, most of the people getting these are regular cruisers and even if you don't like the new, it's better than getting another bag you like but don't need because you've got a dozen already. And both work as cheap presents to those left behind. Or ebay.

simbasmom2
02-12-2012, 05:38 PM
My sister is on the Dream. I am excited about the new bag. Plenty of food on the ship!

AlexandNessa

Oh man..if I were any good about going to the post office, I would send you ours that we don't use..we have extra of the clear and the white ones. I would ask your next cruise meet thread..i would certainly be willing to bring mine for you, if we were on the same cruise.

I am totally looking forward to the backpack!!

jjgarv
I wonder if it is big enough for snorkel gear?

I was wondering the same thing. The bag looks cool! :)

And thanks to whomever posted the picture! :thumbsup2

djstweety
02-12-2012, 05:54 PM
http://http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u483/moffboyz2/image.jpg

I am silver :)
Thanks for posting this!

stitchlovestink
02-12-2012, 05:55 PM
I think people need to be a little bit more open in allowing people to voice their individual opinions. Lets all be Disney-like and not pass judgments nor blast someone for what they have to say.

Just my opinion but I think some of us might try to be a little bit nicer towards other peoples postings.

Happy Cruising to all!!!

I apologize to you if you thought I was rude in my response to the other poster, but EVERY time that poster and I end up on the same thread, that poster is 'picking' on someone about something they posted. I'm not one to go back and research someone's old posts, but I have yet to see that poster offer someone some helpful advice or make a positive comment. I'm not saying they haven't, but I've not seen it. I've only see a 'bully' side to them. And frankly, I'm tired of it, and I'm not going to fall victim to their bully tactics and comments. :goodvibes
Most members here are wonderful and kind and want to help...but every once in awhile there is a :stir:

iloverags2
02-12-2012, 05:56 PM
I personally did not find the water bottles to be crappy. We liked them. One of ours got lost and so now we only have 3 for a family of 4 and we were looking forward to being able to replace it this year so that everyone had one again.

I have quite a few extra white water bottles. If this is the style you are looking for, I would be more than happy to send one to you. :)

Happydog
02-12-2012, 06:10 PM

YOU have earned that :) WOO HOO!!! AND a Palo's dinner? Way cool!!! That is a super perk! :thumbsup2

Zandy595
02-12-2012, 06:13 PM
...I actually like the Rice Krispie flip flops :blush:Me too! We were actually fighting over them.

MelissaE1
02-12-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm pretty excited about the new gift. A backpack is my bag of choice for stuff I want to keep with me for traveling, so I love the new style of bag. I did like the water bottles also, but we don't use ours much and ended up giving most of them away. I think for me this will be the most used of the CC gifts I've gotten (although I just missed getting the beach towel with our first cruise and I would have loved and used that one too).

Erikas4228
02-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Very excited about new bag. I hope me and DH don't fight over it:banana:

USUKMama
02-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Three kids, one bag. I can smell trouble :scared1: Guess I'll just have to take it myself - it's doing them a service really:rolleyes1

We are in the middle of planning our second ever cruise. I had no idea the CC gift was so substantial so kudos to Disney!!

Sophia

Sparkypluto
02-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Very excited about new gifts, its always nice to have something waiting for you when you arrive to your stateroom! (even if you already have a few of the same thing at home!) Backpacks will be great on shore excursions. And a great blue color! And I for one think pretzels go great with a cold beer :love:

CaliforniaGirl09
02-12-2012, 06:55 PM
I like the way you think, Sparkypluto! Count me in the group excited about the new offerings. Much prefer the new backpack style bag, and tossed out all the RC treats last cruise--no one, including kids, wanted to eat them. Much prefer the C&D snacks. Yay!

andersonfamily
02-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Three kids, one bag. I can smell trouble :scared1: Guess I'll just have to take it myself - it's doing them a service really:rolleyes1

We are in the middle of planning our second ever cruise. I had no idea the CC gift was so substantial so kudos to Disney!!

Sophia

If your kids have been on a cruise before everyone should get the same gift! The gifts are not one per room but one per person as long as they have taken at least one Disney cruise.

MelissaE1
02-12-2012, 07:00 PM
If your kids have been on a cruise before everyone should get the same gift! The gifts are not one per room but one per person as long as they have taken at least one Disney cruise.

Pretty sure it's one per cabin. That's the way it's always been for us at least.

stitchlovestink
02-12-2012, 07:04 PM
No, Sorry, It's one per cabin. So unless you are travelling in more than one cabin, you will only get one gift. :sad1:

Each returning cruiser gets a lanyard, but that's it. The castaway club gift is per cabin.

andersonfamily
02-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Pretty sure it's one per cabin. That's the way it's always been for us at least.

That stinks! :confused3-I thought everyone got something as long as they were at least Silver members. ...cool gift anyway.

USUKMama
02-12-2012, 07:06 PM
No, Sorry, It's one per cabin. So unless you are travelling in more than one cabin, you will only get one gift. :sad1:

Each returning cruiser gets a lanyard, but that's it. The castaway club gift is per cabin.

That's what I thought - but I got excited for a minute!

TLSnell1981
02-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Yikes! I hope, they are on eBay REALLY soon! I plan to buy a couple of extras, so each DGK can have one. I'm glad, I haven't purchased, the "old" bags with water bottles.;)

DoomBuggyHitchhiker
02-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Great! I like the red bag, but do think that a backpack will be more useful for excursions.

stitchlovestink
02-12-2012, 07:16 PM
That stinks! :confused3-I thought everyone got something as long as they were at least Silver members. ...cool gift anyway.

That's what I thought - but I got excited for a minute!

here's how are was left for us on the bed when we entered our room this past November on the Dream. This was our third cruise. We had previously cruised the Wonder twice.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh172/stitchlovestink/DSC03142-1.jpg

jlwhitney
02-12-2012, 07:22 PM
I like the way you think, Sparkypluto! Count me in the group excited about the new offerings. Much prefer the new backpack style bag, and tossed out all the RC treats last cruise--no one, including kids, wanted to eat them. Much prefer the C&D snacks. Yay!

I agree about the backpack, much more practical and based on how big or small it is will hopefully use it other places. The red bags were awkward to carry and we have only really used them for Castaway Cay and once in a while to go to our community pool.

I am interested to see what the extra stuff for gold and platinum is.

insureman
02-12-2012, 07:25 PM
I think the new bag is great. As I always say if it's free it's for me!:thumbsup2

DisneyCruisin'
02-12-2012, 07:30 PM
I agree about the backpack, much more practical and based on how big or small it is will hopefully use it other places. The red bags were awkward to carry and we have only really used them for Castaway Cay and once in a while to go to our community pool.

I am interested to see what the extra stuff for gold and platinum is.

I'm curious on the Gold level too! We leave in 19 days and it's our first Gold Level cruise! Can't wait! I'm more excited - I LOVE the backpack vs. the tote bag! Honestly, we do not need any more water bottles!

ssanders79
02-12-2012, 07:31 PM
here's how are was left for us on the bed when we entered our room this past November on the Dream. This was our third cruise. We had previously cruised the Wonder twice.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh172/stitchlovestink/DSC03142-1.jpg

This was waiting for us Thursday 2/9 on the Dream & it was our 5th cruise. I too like the Rice Krispie treats.

My sister is on the Dream. I am excited about the new bag!

We missed this by one cruise. Looking forward to receiving the new gift in June!

jdb in AZ
02-12-2012, 07:42 PM
I think the backpacks will get a lot more use, and with the logo, that's actually freebie advertising for DCL.

For those who are looking for extras, just keep your ears open -- someone who sails often will have more than they need and might offer to give you the extra so they won't have to take up space in their luggage.

And as PP has mentioned, there's always ebay. Last year on the Panama Canal cruise they had limited edition pins that people were literally waiting in line for hours to get, and there were a bunch of disgruntled passengers when DCL didn't provide enough. Poor marketing strategy when DCL coulda shoulda done a pre-order, but.... Anyway, less than a month after the cruise, a complete set of the coveted pins appeared on ebay, for the onboard price.

I love homemade RK treats made with butter, but the commercially made stuff is usually loaded with shortening so it tastes totally bleh. IMHO.

RedSox68
02-12-2012, 07:48 PM

It is ONE PER ROOM. We've taken 9 cruises and three in a room and have never each gotten a gift. Just one per room. If you have two staterooms with two people in each, still only one per room -- but only if the other stateroom has a returning guest.

I love the look of the backpack. I have always been grateful to get anything and love the anticipation of opening the stateroom door and seeing what is waiting for us on the bed. I know that gold and platinum get extras throughout the cruise. Last time we got a Disney Dream blanket plus a litograph. On the Med in 2007 we got leather document wallets. I'm taking our red/black Disney bag on our HAL cruise to Alaska in May!

NAB
02-12-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm curious on the Gold level too! We leave in 19 days and it's our first Gold Level cruise! Can't wait! I'm more excited - I LOVE the backpack vs. the tote bag! Honestly, we do not need any more water bottles!

You will get this new gift and something extra for you for Gold cruise.

We were Gold a few weeks ago for the first time and got stationary cards with the ship on it and a suit case strap thing and a black leather ? travel wallet to put your passports and credit cards in.. Took us a while to figure out what the strap was for...:laughing: It was a nice surprise to get this extra gift, it didn't come with the CC gift it came on another night.

Mom323
02-12-2012, 07:50 PM

Is that a back pack?:thumbsup2

Yes it's a backpack.

Billinaz
02-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Good! I really hated the drawstring beach bag. We will get use out of the backpack. The rice crispy treats were getting kind of old, and I think they would be the only thing to survive a nuclear war. (other than twinkies)

Now if we could get them to bring back the blankets!

I wonder what the extra gift for platimun guests will be?

mollygirl13
02-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures. I am very happy to get the new gifts. :banana:

I am excited to get anything from DCL!

KarlaG4Kids
02-12-2012, 08:27 PM
I will be excited to get "any" thank you gift when we cruise this time (our 2nd) on DCL. We have cruised repeatedly with Princess and never got any kind of a welcome back or thank you gift. I think it is nice that they acknowledge you are a return guest. :thumbsup2

emtmom0104
02-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Ok since I'm doing a b2b will I get one on each cruise? I have 3 kids so no chance of splitting them up between them....just wondering

Deb T.
02-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Ok since I'm doing a b2b will I get one on each cruise? I have 3 kids so no chance of splitting them up between them....just wondering

Yup - a gift for each cruise! Enjoy! :)

*Flower*
02-12-2012, 08:55 PM

YES!!

We did a b2b in November/December and received a CC gift at the beginning of each cruise!! And as a matter of fact- DH just flew to San Diego and back and one of the two carry-on pieces that he took with him was the red and black CC tote. Worked great for what he wanted it for......:thumbsup2

CruznLexi
02-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Are the new bags fleet wide now? Sailing on the Wonder in 2 weeks. Was not going to pack my red bag since I would get a new one. Love the chip and dale stuff.

ksloane
02-12-2012, 11:55 PM
How exciting. And here I was thinking, "Will I keep the backpack or give it to my dd?" And then remembered duh! We are doing b2b so we can both have one.....:cool1:

NHdisneylover
02-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Thank you for posting this:goodvibes

I am so excited to see new gifts:yay::yay::yay:

Persoanlly, I am sick of the old red bags (I think we have 6 of them lying around), the water bottles get used because I have teens, but they DO sweat on everything and I wish my kids would let me pitch them and get something insulated :rolleyes1 and you can count our family in among those who cannot stomach the stale rice krispie treat flip flops :sick:

The back pack looks cute--and could be very useful for carrying odds and ends on shore excursions (much better than an over the should bag if you book a bike tour, hike, or other active excursion). I like pretzels and the Chip and Dale things look cute :goodvibes So I am VERY happy about the change!

:rotfl2: My thoughts exactly!! I love Rice Krispie treats, but I have thrown away the ones from the last 2 or 3 cruises. They looked like they had been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for 3 or 4 years!! :lmao:
Yes, exactly.

I agree, and judging from the high numbers of Gold and Platinum lanyards on my last few cruises, a decent percentage of return guests DO cruise that often:thumbsup2 I really think it should change yearly, or else they need a system where the second cruise gets gift A, third gift B and so on. Yes, I know it is just a bonus and I am happy to get anything, but I would be happier to get some things than others lol and other lines manage to do this type of thing for their loyal customers, so it IS possible.

As pointed out, this is incorrect. I did notice that the poster you were responding to has 3 kids and 2 adults in their family. if they happened to book two connecting rooms instead of one of the larger rooms then they will receive two gifts. :goodvibes

Yep. We book a kid's cabin and an adult cabin each cruise and have b2b this fall--which means all four of us will end up with the gifts (except we will only be Platinum on the second of those cruises, so we will get two of whatever extra that is :rotfl:)

CruznLexi
02-13-2012, 02:31 AM
Hope they are on the Wonder on 2/26

DLW8
02-13-2012, 09:20 AM
I LOVE the new backpack and I must admit, I enjoy the Chip & Dale snacks as well. We always seemed to be getting those in WDW for a snack credit!

I am also not sad to see the water bottles go. My kids love to use them, but they just sweat all over the place!

I'm just excited that we get to cruise again, and any gift they want to leave for me is a welcome gift!

:banana:

jlwhitney
02-13-2012, 09:50 AM
I think the backpacks will get a lot more use, and with the logo, that's actually freebie advertising for DCL.

For those who are looking for extras, just keep your ears open -- someone who sails often will have more than they need and might offer to give you the extra so they won't have to take up space in their luggage.

And as PP has mentioned, there's always ebay. Last year on the Panama Canal cruise they had limited edition pins that people were literally waiting in line for hours to get, and there were a bunch of disgruntled passengers when DCL didn't provide enough. Poor marketing strategy when DCL coulda shoulda done a pre-order, but.... Anyway, less than a month after the cruise, a complete set of the coveted pins appeared on ebay, for the onboard price.

I love homemade RK treats made with butter, but the commercially made stuff is usually loaded with shortening so it tastes totally bleh. IMHO.

I agree about rice krispie treats being made with butter, I rarely really like other places ones because they use shortening or margarine. Actually the recipe on the marshmellow bag or rice krispy box actually calls for margarine and I know alot of people who then use it because it what it says to use even if they use butter for other stuff.

Anyone who has not tried them with butter really needs too, so much better.

kimpossible
02-13-2012, 10:03 AM
DH and I love the Chip and Dale snacks, but my one DS (6) has food allergies and cannot eat them. I couldn't tell what the one snack was, but I am hoping it's not the trail mix with nuts. We could have a problem if it is set out on our bed or even in the bag where any of his things would go. Can anyone confirm what the other snack is ( not the pretzels)?

Edited:

Never mind. I think they are the Mickey shaped "goldfish style" crackers. Whew! Still can't eat them, but at least there are no nuts actually in them.

ForTheLoveOfDCL
02-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Just got off the Wonder a few weeks ago so I am excited to hear on our Fantasy cruise we will be getting a new bag. I appreciate what ever they give but I have r different style red ones and I would love a backpack.

designertravels
02-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Yea!, I'm just happy for any change. We have too many of the "beach" bags and the water bottles had a metallic taste. My kids love key chains, so good to see a new design. My favorite gift was in 2006, a zipped tote bag.

After reading all the comments, just an idea, I will suggest on my next meet thread. Why not bring your unwanted gifts to your dis meet and trade or give the unwanted items. Seems like many people have different likes and dislikes. Something fun for the kids to do while socializing.

Thanks for posting the pics! Jill

simbasmom2
02-13-2012, 02:05 PM
DH and I love the Chip and Dale snacks, but my one DS (6) has food allergies and cannot eat them. I couldn't tell what the one snack was, but I am hoping it's not the trail mix with nuts. We could have a problem if it is set out on our bed or even in the bag where any of his things would go. Can anyone confirm what the other snack is ( not the pretzels)?

Edited:

Never mind. I think they are the Mickey shaped "goldfish style" crackers. Whew! Still can't eat them, but at least there are no nuts actually in them.

I am the OP. My sister is the one that posted the picture and her children have nut allergies. She said they are goldfish like snacks, she would have mentioned it to me if they had nuts inside. I don't think DCL would chose a snack with nuts... I am sure they are aware of how many people have nut allergies and how harmful it can be.

Yay for the new treats...just 67 more days for me!!:dance3:

mississaugamom
02-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Are the new bags fleet wide now? Sailing on the Wonder in 2 weeks. Was not going to pack my red bag since I would get a new one. Love the chip and dale stuff.

Just off the Wonder ~ they still had the red beach bags and rice krispie sandals as Castaway Club gifts. Just so you're not disappointed ...

Arlene

CruznLexi
02-13-2012, 03:01 PM
So glad they are getting rid of the cups. I am very appreciative of the gifts but they taste like metal. I so hope they are on my Wonder cruise in 2 weeks!

jilljill
02-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Just off the Wonder ~ they still had the red beach bags and rice krispie sandals as Castaway Club gifts. Just so you're not disappointed ...

Arlene

The OP stated the new gift was received when her sister boarded the Dream yesterday (Sunday 2/12). Others that sailed last week on the Dream reported getting the same gift as you since you sailed the same week.

OrlandoMagic
02-13-2012, 03:13 PM
We will be silver CC members on our next trip, do we get any gifts or are they just for Gold/Platinum members?

lmhall2000
02-13-2012, 03:16 PM
We will be silver CC members on our next trip, do we get any gifts or are they just for Gold/Platinum members?

Yes, anyone who has been a Disney cruise before receives the gift! Enjoy!!

allears
02-13-2012, 03:22 PM
On the 2/4 sailing of the Magic it was still the draw string bags. I have always loved and been appreciative of the gift but excited when a new one comes out. It will most likely be this new one next year when next we sail, on the Fantasy.

Magic3forme
02-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Very excited for the new gift! :) My favorite color is blue, so this is a nice change! We are excited to be gold this next cruise too!!

let the fighting begin... we will get 2 bags. ( 2 cabins.) and 3 kids. :rotfl2:

ForTheLoveOfDCL
02-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Yea!, I'm just happy for any change. We have too many of the "beach" bags and the water bottles had a metallic taste. My kids love key chains, so good to see a new design. My favorite gift was in 2006, a zipped tote bag.

After reading all the comments, just an idea, I will suggest on my next meet thread. Why not bring your unwanted gifts to your dis meet and trade or give the unwanted items. Seems like many people have different likes and dislikes. Something fun for the kids to do while socializing.

The 2006 bag is my favorite too...I was hoping they would bring back one similar to that one....I use mine LOTS!!! Although I am excited about the backpack. The newest red bag wasn't my favorite style, but I love anything that shows my DCL love. I like your idea about bring the extra items and trading... I used one keychain and saved the rest..gotta have back ups:goodvibes

mdvlprof
02-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Crispie Treats :banana:.
It was nice to have a sweet treat at bed-time, without having to order something. Replacing a sweet with a salty - not cool.
But the snacks will still get eaten.:lmao:

Im_A_Princess
02-13-2012, 07:15 PM
So glad to see this. I really didn't need a 4th red bag this October. The backpack sounds great.

Ditto on the red bags! :rotfl:

The snacks will be good to take to the movies!

Im_A_Princess
02-13-2012, 07:22 PM
:confused3 Do other cruise lines give return gifts like DCL? :confused3

cdfl30
02-13-2012, 08:31 PM

On our second Princess cruise we were given one of those 0.99 cloth style grocery bags with their logo on it as a return gift :sad2:

We have always been impressed with DCL's return gifts and am excited to hear that they have changed it up a bit! :)

KarlaG4Kids
02-13-2012, 08:54 PM

We have been on 4 princess and got NADA! They do give you extra OBC if you pre-book your cruise while still on your cruise. I do like them, but I'm excited to be taking our second Disney cruise.

CruznLexi
02-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Most other cruise lines do not. RCI used to but have not been on them in many years. After 5 cruises on Carnival you get a lapel pin.

quinnc19
02-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Love the backpack and glad to have a healthy-ish snack to give to DD (if I don't eat them all with my beer!) - she'll have PLENTY of sweets after a week on the Fantasy. Looking forward to my first CC gifts!

simbasmom2
02-13-2012, 11:25 PM
I wonder if it is like the backpack I bought at WDW...
It was one of those specials where you spend so much and you can buy the backpack at a "cheap" price. It is a nice bag.

CruznLexi
02-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Would love to have it on the Wonder in 2 weeks if not will wait till Jan for the Fantasy!

dizneeat
02-14-2012, 01:52 AM
Oh my god, I LOVE that new backpack! Can't wait to get on the DREAM on Sunday .....
DB is a huge fan of backpacks and we were looking for a DCL one on our last cruise! :thumbsup2

If no one has posted Gold gifts until then I promise we will! :goodvibes

NHdisneylover
02-14-2012, 05:28 AM

Based on the above answers, I guess things have changed with Princess:confused3 We have not sailed them in several years, but they used to give gifts. I know we got beach towels once and bags once.

We have only sailed RCI twice. On our second sailing they gave messenger bags to the kids as return cruisers and the adults got coupon booklets which were a little hokey, but there WERE some good things in there and a couple of freebies (though I can;t recall what at the moment).

I think it was Celebrity that did a bag of laundry per cabin as a perk (a fabulous one I might add).

Essentially, from what i have seen, other lines offer more in the way of "service" type perks (cocktail lounges only for loyal customers, special seating at shows, priority embarkation, free internet or free laundry, etc) but not so much in the way of a physical gift. DCL does the physical gits and rebooking incentives (that I think everyone does) but not much else (no internet, photo or laundry deals, no lounges, etc) and I think every line does a party for repeat guests.

LoveMickey
02-14-2012, 06:05 AM
The new blue bag does look like the ABD bags (green). I love those ABD bags and use them as my 'purse' when traveling on a plane. They hold a lot of stuff.

Can't wait to get a blue one.

We have 2 cabins that are cruising for the first time, they do not get gifts correct?

rmcildw2m
02-14-2012, 06:46 AM
I think we will be on the same cruise ?

kreedham
02-14-2012, 07:41 AM
Most other cruise lines do not. RCI used to but have not been on them in many years. After 5 cruises on Carnival you get a lapel pin.

That would be cool. A special Castaway Club pin in silver, gold or platinum.

Happy for the changes no matter what we get! Thanks DCL

Kencad MOM
02-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Does anyone know if these new gifts are for all the ships? Or just the Dream and Fantasy?
We are sailing on the Wonder in 2 weeks and I was "wondering" if we will see the new gifts too?!?!:cool1:

DisneyCruisin'
02-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Does anyone know if these new gifts are for all the ships? Or just the Dream and Fantasy?
We are sailing on the Wonder in 2 weeks and I was "wondering" if we will see the new gifts too?!?!:cool1:

I'm wondering the same. We are on the Magic in 2 1/2 weeks!

CruznLexi
02-14-2012, 11:10 AM
On Wonder in less than 2 weeks too

ducky_love
02-14-2012, 12:42 PM
:woohoo: New presents!!!!

MikellaCinderella
02-15-2012, 01:57 AM
There is a set of water bottles listed on eBay right now! I just saw them listed and thought I would let you know.

Happy Sailing!!!

That's funny because "check Ebay" was going to be my reply to anyone who was bummed about not getting old CC gifts! I see them on there all the time. :rotfl:

MikellaCinderella
02-15-2012, 02:10 AM

You mean the giant zippered tote bags?! THOSE were my favorite CC gifts ever! I STILL use that bag on a regular basis! It holds tons of stuff. The beach towels were cute, but I made the mistake of letting the kids use them at Castaway Cay and I think the salt water made the red dye run onto the white. :headache: I wish I would've just packed them up and taken them home to wash in cold water first. But yeah.....YAY for the giant zippered tote bag! LOL! The new backpacks look very cool too! :thumbsup2

So Cal Crew
02-15-2012, 03:26 AM
My girls were hoping to get the red tote. They both play soccer and they work great for summer camps and practices. We don't sail again till December (EBPC) so we'll see what the Wonder has then. Too bad we don't get a gift for each week. The backpack looks cute too and I'm sure we'll find a million uses for it. Life is good!

MikellaCinderella
02-15-2012, 06:13 AM
That would be cool. A special Castaway Club pin in silver, gold or platinum.

Happy for the changes no matter what we get! Thanks DCL

DCL actually used to give CC pins as part of the gifts! We have a few from 2002 and 2003!

nikkistevej
02-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Can't wait to get the "new" gift, unfortunately have to wait til Thanksgiving. :sad2:

piglet33
02-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Wow I am amazed by some of the replies here. People should be happy to get anything. The fact is they don't have to give us anything as a return guest. I never get a welcome back gift at WDW. I am happy with whatever they provide since they don't have to give me anything. If this post has upset you, I am sorry. Just expressing my opinion just like others here have.

I was thinking the same thing! I'm just happy they're giving us something other than the bill.:teeth:

plutojudy
02-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Darn it! We just cruised on the Dream February 5, and got our third red and black bag. I wish we didn't miss the backpack by only one week. Now I have to wait a whole year for the backpack.

disfunfor3
02-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Sheesh...you may be disappointed with the same gift year after year, but this is Disney...make magic for someone else. If you don't like the bag or have enough of them, hand it to someone else...like maybe a first time cruiser. Or someone who looks like they would appreciate it.

If I were a returning cruiser (we need to have our first cruise, and dh needs to like it before he agrees to another one...I'm already hoping for another one), I would appreciate knowing I'm getting a bag to hold some items in. Makes packing easier...and I like bags for my crochet projects.
Or maybe as a fish extender depending on the size...

DisneyCruisin'
02-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Has any one heard if the Gold/Platinum "extra" gifts changed??? Headed out on the Magic in two weeks and just curious! TIA!

Minniemiss
02-17-2012, 10:27 AM
:thumbsup2:cool1::banana::woohoo: New presents!!!!

DL1957
02-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Has any one heard if the Gold/Platinum "extra" gifts changed??? Headed out on the Magic in two weeks and just curious! TIA!

I am interested as well. But as other have said anything is great!:banana:

gichicdoc
02-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Just back from our Disney Dream 4-nt and had to share the news...

There are NEW gifts for returning cruisers (Castaway Club).

This included a nice backpack with 2 large compartments, side compartments, an outlet for your MP3 device cord as well as snacks (package of pretzels and package of goldfish shaped like mickey heads) and a keychain with DCL logo which spins.

I think this is a nice upgrade -- especially the snacks - I always thought the flipflop marshmallow treats tasted stale.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k302/gichicdoc/Disney%20Dream%20Cruise%20Feb%202012/IMG_0599.jpg

andytaro
02-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Wow that looks nice :)

So only returning customers are eligible for such a gift?

gichicdoc
02-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Yes, first time DCL cruisers don't get a gift. From your second cruise forward though, each stateroom with a returning customer gets one of these.

Apparently, if you are gold (5+ cruises with DCL) or platinum (10+ cruises) there are additional items or gifts but this was our fifth cruise so were still Silver when we got this.

Also, I visited another family to checkout their inside cabin (thank you to Judy) and saw that not all of the cabins got the same gift - their kids' room had the old style gift. I suspect that our cruise was the transition point and they were phasing out the old and going to the new ones.

irishdadx4
02-19-2012, 02:30 PM
So only returning customers are eligible for such a gift?

Yes,

After one cruise you are in the Castaway Club. There are three levels

silver (1-4 cruises)
gold (5-9 cruises)
platinum (10 or more)

You get special perks including an instateroom gift.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/castawayclub.htm

mmouse37
02-19-2012, 03:43 PM
I am going to merge this thread with the other one started from last week.

MJ

andytaro
02-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Oh I guess I'll need to wait until next cruise :(

andytaro
02-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Well just entered my room on wonder and what a surprise! The same gift pack was on my bed! This is my first cruise so I am not sure why I received the gift:) I booked my cruise with my Disney visa so that could have helped.

poohfriend9
02-19-2012, 05:10 PM

Me too! :thumbsup2!

Stinkerbe11
02-19-2012, 07:47 PM
We were on the Magic last week and got both the red/black drawstring bag and the blue/black backpack. Maybe they are giving both away until the tote bags are gone:confused3

Candy Apple
02-19-2012, 09:26 PM
How big is the new backpack? Is it kiddie sized or adult sized? How much would it hold for an excursion--a few towels and water bottles? Thanks!

Stinkerbe11
02-19-2012, 09:40 PM
How big is the new backpack? Is it kiddie sized or adult sized? How much would it hold for an excursion--a few towels and water bottles? Thanks!

It is adult sized and you could fit at least 2 towels, plus several water bottles, snacks, sunscreen etc... There is an open pocket in the front, a middle zipper compartment with an opening for headphones and a main large compartment.

Renysmom
02-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Yes,

silver (1-4 cruises)
gold (5-9 cruises)
platinum (10 or more)

You get special perks including an in stateroom gift.

I went onto the DCL site to double check these as I though gold started after the 5th cruise and they have it listed this way:

Silver Begins after your 1st completed cruise, Gold Begins after your 5th completed cruise and Platinum Begins after your 10th completed cruise.

Just didn't want someone to think they were a level that they aren't.

ACDSNY
02-20-2012, 01:08 AM

Sophia

You'll just have to plan a few more cruises.:laughing:

Well just entered my room on wonder and what a surprise! The same gift pack was on my bed! This is my first cruise so I am not sure why I received the gift:) I booked my cruise with my Disney visa so that could have helped.

So the new backpacks are now on the Wonder?

gichicdoc
02-20-2012, 01:15 AM

Yea for you!! Was anyone else in your cabin a return cruiser? If so, that is why there was a gift. As long as there is at least one return cruiser, you get the gift.
If not, count your blessings and have a terrific cruise! Wish I was getting on DCL cruise tonight....

kcashner
02-20-2012, 01:17 AM
Yes,

silver (1-4 cruises)
gold (5-9 cruises)
platinum (10 or more)

You get special perks including an instateroom gift.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/castawayclub.htm

Not quite. You become gold after your 5th completed cruise...so you do not get gold perks until you board the ship for cruise number 6. Ditto for platinum--10 completed cruises.

Silly Little Pixie
02-20-2012, 01:28 AM
Any Golds or Platinums reporting back any changes in the Gold/Platinum additional gift/perks?

Anxious to hear! I'm excited for the backpack for sure.

Candy Apple
02-20-2012, 10:50 AM
It is adult sized and you could fit at least 2 towels, plus several water bottles, snacks, sunscreen etc... There is an open pocket in the front, a middle zipper compartment with an opening for headphones and a main large compartment.

Sounds great! Can't wait to see one in person on our June Fantasy cruise!

super mike b
02-20-2012, 10:48 PM
I am so glad that they made a change. I hope that they do it every year or so. :)

DMMarla07860
02-21-2012, 06:15 AM
I am still in Disney World till later today, but I got off the Dream Sunday and I will say I got the new gift and loved it. Took me a few days to find the snacks in it though lol since I didn't look in the one compartment, but I found them and I love the bag:goodvibes

bobbiwoz
02-21-2012, 06:53 AM
Do returning kids also get the gifts or just adults? If there are 2 cabins, but 2 total adults and 3 children, how many gifts will there be if everyone has been on DCL cruises before?

dizney-cruiser
02-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Do returning kids also get the gifts or just adults? If there are 2 cabins, but 2 total adults and 3 children, how many gifts will there be if everyone has been on DCL cruises before?

One gift per stateroom

TLSnell1981
02-21-2012, 10:19 AM
One gift per stateroom

We cruise in suites, but only receive credit fo one cabin...same with our gift. Bummer.

I still haven't found, the new gift on eBay. Guess, it may take a while.

bobbiwoz
02-21-2012, 11:05 AM
One gift per stateroom

Ok, thanks! In August, we have 3 staterooms (2 connecting to each other), so that's good!

hamm1207
02-21-2012, 11:53 AM
I am still in Disney World till later today, but I got off the Dream Sunday and I will say I got the new gift and loved it. Took me a few days to find the snacks in it though lol since I didn't look in the one compartment, but I found them and I love the bag:goodvibes

Did you gift have anything extra in it, being that you're above silver? We are all curious as to what new bonus gifts gold and platinum cruisers receive. Say hello to Mickey for us, please!

Tigger1313
02-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Did you gift have anything extra in it, being that you're above silver? We are all curious as to what new bonus gifts gold and platinum cruisers receive. Say hello to Mickey for us, please!

Two new things I noticed for the gold gift was, we now get 10% off the stores, I know it's less discount then before but you do not have to spend $100.00. The other new thing was the leather journal book and pen. I loved it. We did not get that passport holder this time.

vakamalua
02-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Two new things I noticed for the gold gift was, we now get 10% off the stores, I know it's less discount then before but you do not have to spend $100.00. The other new thing was the leather journal book and pen. I loved it. We did not get that passport holder this time.

Thanks! We're gold on our next cruise...looking forward to finally getting some new swag!

DisneyDee27
02-21-2012, 06:51 PM
I did a b2b cruise and didn't get anything...except my silver lanyard:confused3
I'm looking forward to getting this gift in December and whatever they offer next July.
Deepirate:

Cruise
02-21-2012, 07:58 PM
We cruise in suites, but only receive credit fo one cabin...same with our gift. Bummer.

A similar complaint that's been made through the years is that you get one "credit" toward your status regardless of the cruise length. So if you spend $1000 for a 3 day, $3000 for a 7 day, or $7000 for a 14 day Panama Canal cruise, they all just count as one cruise.

I guess they have to distinguish in some way or else the ways people could argue toward credits would never end.

vakamalua
02-21-2012, 09:11 PM
A similar complaint that's been made through the years is that you get one "credit" toward your status regardless of the cruise length. So if you spend $1000 for a 3 day, $3000 for a 7 day, or $7000 for a 14 day Panama Canal cruise, they all just count as one cruise.

I guess they have to distinguish in some way or else the ways people could argue toward credits would never end.

Most other cruise lines determine their loyalty levels by number of cruises OR the total number of days sailed. Much more equitable...

mmouse37
02-21-2012, 09:20 PM
The whole days versus cruises is for another thread.....lets all keep this to the discussion of the new CC gift.

Thanks.

MJ

pluto1979
02-21-2012, 10:31 PM

I would love to see pics of the journal and pen! I guess I will just have to wait for another 1 1/2 weeks before I board the Disney Dream!

Magical Sailings all!!!

MikellaCinderella
02-22-2012, 12:26 AM

Can't wait to see the journal book and pen! Did they tell you about the 10% off right away or was it several days into your cruise? On the Dream in September, I didn't get notification of the discount in the shops until the 2nd night (of a 3 night cruise). I already spent a ton of money there, but I still went back and got another $100 worth, so I got the $25 off. :rotfl: If it's 10% this time, with no minimum, that would be nice if we could start using the discount from day 1. :woohoo:

Tigger1313
02-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Can't wait to see the journal book and pen! Did they tell you about the 10% off right away or was it several days into your cruise? On the Dream in September, I didn't get notification of the discount in the shops until the 2nd night (of a 3 night cruise). I already spent a ton of money there, but I still went back and got another $100 worth, so I got the $25 off. :rotfl: If it's 10% this time, with no minimum, that would be nice if we could start using the discount from day 1. :woohoo:

We were told about the 10% on the first night, but because of the disboard I already knew about it. They should know you are gold or plat when you check out, but I always reminded them that I got the 10% off.

TLSnell1981
02-22-2012, 12:29 PM
I would love to see pics of the journal and pen! I guess I will just have to wait for another 1 1/2 weeks before I board the Disney Dream!

Magical Sailings all!!!

Is this different than the Captain's Log?

super mike b
02-22-2012, 10:34 PM
....but I always reminded them that I got the 10% off.

Yep, if you don´t they sometimes ¨forget¨!! :teeth:

MikellaCinderella
02-23-2012, 01:47 AM
We were told about the 10% on the first night, but because of the disboard I already knew about it. They should know you are gold or plat when you check out, but I always reminded them that I got the 10% off.

Ok thanks!:thumbsup2

Disney Dreams
02-23-2012, 04:21 AM
Is the Journal the same that they give to one or two people at Bingo?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :surfweb: :rotfl: :rotfl:

NHdisneylover
02-23-2012, 04:27 AM
I wonder if it is the same journal they were using as prizes once in a while last summer :confused3

We have four from that, blue with the logo and Disney Cruise Line stamped into the "leather" on the lower right corner,a lined notebook with date places on the top of each page inside along with a pen holder and pen and a place to put a business card on the inside cover. They are nice.

dizneeat
03-11-2012, 01:52 AM
Gold CC gifts!

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k429/tinkerbellat/Reisen%20USA/Februar%202012%20planning/Day%202%20February%2019/IMG_3420.jpg

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k429/tinkerbellat/Reisen%20USA/Februar%202012%20planning/Day%202%20February%2019/IMG_3424.jpg

Luggage strap

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k429/tinkerbellat/Reisen%20USA/Februar%202012%20planning/Day%202%20February%2019/IMG_3425.jpg

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k429/tinkerbellat/Reisen%20USA/Februar%202012%20planning/Day%202%20February%2019/IMG_3426.jpg

notebook

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k429/tinkerbellat/Reisen%20USA/Februar%202012%20planning/Day%202%20February%2019/IMG_3428.jpg

greeting cards

These will be delivered later in the day.

Silver CC gifts

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k429/tinkerbellat/Reisen%20USA/Februar%202012%20planning/Day%202%20February%2019/IMG_3411.jpg

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k429/tinkerbellat/Reisen%20USA/Februar%202012%20planning/Day%202%20February%2019/IMG_3412.jpg

EcbLovesMickey
03-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Gold CC gifts!

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k429/tinkerbellat/Reisen%20USA/Februar%202012%20planning/Day%202%20February%2019/IMG_3420.jpg

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k429/tinkerbellat/Reisen%20USA/Februar%202012%20planning/Day%202%20February%2019/IMG_3424.jpg

Luggage strap

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k429/tinkerbellat/Reisen%20USA/Februar%202012%20planning/Day%202%20February%2019/IMG_3425.jpg

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k429/tinkerbellat/Reisen%20USA/Februar%202012%20planning/Day%202%20February%2019/IMG_3426.jpg

notebook

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k429/tinkerbellat/Reisen%20USA/Februar%202012%20planning/Day%202%20February%2019/IMG_3428.jpg

greeting cards

These will be delivered later in the day.

Silver CC gifts

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k429/tinkerbellat/Reisen%20USA/Februar%202012%20planning/Day%202%20February%2019/IMG_3411.jpg

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k429/tinkerbellat/Reisen%20USA/Februar%202012%20planning/Day%202%20February%2019/IMG_3412.jpg

Not sure I would use the luggage strap much,but the journal is very nice. I did not know you got the silver gifts too. That is a bonus! I really appreciate how DCL treats repeat cruisers. Just took a Carnival cruise with some friends and we did get a special captain's night with a free drink... not really equal to the DCL level of service

dizneeat
03-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Not sure I would use the luggage strap much,but the journal is very nice. I did not know you got the silver gifts too. That is a bonus! I really appreciate how DCL treats repeat cruisers. Just took a Carnival cruise with some friends and we did get a special captain's night with a free drink... not really equal to the DCL level of service

Well, once you are a gold cc member you'll be invited to an officer's meet and greet that includes champagne (or sparkling wine), hors d'oeuvre, fruit and cookies and a rice crispy Mickey. ;) - There is also a 10% merchandise discount.

Once you are platinum added to ALL the above you'll be treated to a meal at Palo and I guess there was something else, but I am not sure! :goodvibes

So, Disney is treating it's repeat cruisers well! :thumbsup2

Tooth Fairy
03-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Anyone know the new platinum gifts? Other than palos meal is there another gift in the stateroom besides silver and gold items?

hamm1207
03-11-2012, 05:11 PM
So as gold CC when we arrive in our stateroom the journal, cards, and luggage strap are waiting for us, then later on they deliver the backpack and goodies? Or do we get it all at once? This is our first gold cruise. Thanks!

Are the new gifts on all the ships now? We set sail on the magic in a month, and we're looking forward to the new backpack and our first gold cruise!

dizneeat
03-11-2012, 05:15 PM
So as gold CC when we arrive in our stateroom the journal, cards, and luggage strap are waiting for us, then later on they deliver the backpack and goodies? Or do we get it all at once? This is our first gold cruise. Thanks!

Are the new gifts on all the ships now? We set sail on the magic in a month, and we're looking forward to the new backpack and our first gold cruise!

When you arrive the backpack should be waiting for you, then around evening the rest of the gifts will arrive.

Can't comment on the other ships, as we were on the DREAM, but I guess by now they should have the new gifts on all the ships.

Magic3forme
03-11-2012, 05:26 PM
For the officers meet n greet with gold, is it adults only?

and during a 7 day Western.. any idea what day or time? :)

dizneeat
03-11-2012, 05:27 PM
For the officers meet n greet with gold, is it adults only?

and during a 7 day Western.. any idea what day or time? :)

It's for everyone in your family! Just bring the kids.

On the 4 day cruises it is on sea day at 11.30, don't know about the 7 night ones.

nikkistevej
03-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Love the new bag for the silver members. After this cruise for Thanksgiving- I have one more til I am gold.....:cool1:

ACDSNY
03-11-2012, 05:29 PM
The new CC gifts are on the Wonder.:thumbsup2

Minnie321
03-13-2012, 12:55 AM
Just wondering, how many cruises do you have to go on to get the gifts? New to the cruising scene - but have stayed at WDW 22 times in ten years and never got anything so I think it is a great idea!

mnrhannah07
03-13-2012, 01:09 AM
Just wondering, how many cruises do you have to go on to get the gifts? New to the cruising scene - but have stayed at WDW 22 times in ten years and never got anything so I think it is a great idea!

you start getting the stateroom gift on all cruises AFTER your first cruise :thumbsup2

CruznLexi
03-13-2012, 01:12 AM
There were kids there as Mickey shows up

papamouse1
03-13-2012, 01:13 AM

You are considered a silver castaway member on your 2nd through 5th cruise, and will receive the silver gift each time (one per cabin, not one per person)

You are a gold member on your 6th through 10th cruises and will receive gold level gifts on each one.

When you board your 11th cruise you are officially a platinum member and receive all plat perks from that cruise on.

poohj80
03-15-2012, 09:00 PM
[FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Navy"]Well, once you are a gold cc member you'll be invited to an officer's meet and greet that includes champagne (or sparkling wine), hors d'oeuvre, fruit and cookies and a rice crispy Mickey. ;) - There is also a 10% merchandise discount.

As gold, didn't we used to get 25% off when you spend $100 or more in one transaction? So our perk has gone from 25% to only 10% or 10% off anything under $100?

MikellaCinderella
03-15-2012, 09:31 PM
As gold, didn't we used to get 25% off when you spend $100 or more in one transaction? So our perk has gone from 25% to only 10% or 10% off anything under $100?

It's now 10% off......no minimum, and every transaction. Just remind them every time you shop at the gift shops onboard that you are a Gold member. They should know when they swipe your card, but I've heard that they forget sometimes.

jilljill
03-16-2012, 12:12 PM

The old benefit was $25 off any purchase total that was over $100. Now there is no minimum to get the 10% discount. I'm glad they changed it since I bought a nice necklace onboard and the new 10% discount was much greater than the old $25 off a purchase greater than $100.

poohj80
03-16-2012, 12:51 PM
The old benefit was $25 off any purchase total that was over $100. Now there is no minimum to get the 10% discount. I'm glad they changed it since I bought a nice necklace onboard and the new 10% discount was much greater than the old $25 off a purchase greater than $100.

Thats' right, thanks for the clarification. We always split our purchases up into around $100 increments to maximize the benefit.

kcashner
03-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Correct--it has changed from $25 off a purchase of $100 or more to 10% off any size purchase (a few items are excluded).

For us, it is not such a good deal as I used to plan our purchases to hit as close to the $100 as possible and would get 23-25% off depending on how close I hit. But if you are purchasing one large item, the 10% could be a bigger dollar amount.

The other big difference is that the discount occurs at the shops (not behind the scenes) so be sure the CM sees the gold or platinum on your card and gives you the discount.

Bottom line--we were never promised these perks, so whatever they choose to do is fine with me.

jaxgatorfamily
03-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Isn't there a discount for silver CC members? I seem to remember purchasing a disney cruise charm for my pandora bracelet (which I subsequently lost..anyway who cruised the dream in 2011 see it?) I remember getting 10% off? Maybe it was a discount for my disney visa? Brain getting foggy...can't remember...
:confused3

jilljill
03-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Isn't there a discount for silver CC members? I seem to remember purchasing a disney cruise charm for my pandora bracelet (which I subsequently lost..anyway who cruised the dream in 2011 see it?) I remember getting 10% off? Maybe it was a discount for my disney visa? Brain getting foggy...can't remember...
:confused3

No shop discount for silver CC members. Haven't heard of anyone getting a discount for having a Disney Visa.

hamm1207
04-02-2012, 12:39 AM
We are heading to the Magic in 11 days. Does anyone know if the Magic has the new back packs yet? Thanks!

DisneyCruisin'
04-02-2012, 01:30 AM
We are heading to the Magic in 11 days. Does anyone know if the Magic has the new back packs yet? Thanks!

We were on the March 3rd sailing and they had all of the new gifts!

poohj80
04-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Just go off the Magic Friday and we received all new gifts too.

mstinson14
04-02-2012, 02:16 PM

Me too! :)

I have to say that i didnt really like the water bottles though. If you put ice water in it, it was too cold to hold. I'm excited for these new gifts!! :thumbsup2

Lanie
04-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the pics of the new CC gift! :goodvibes

Looking forward to getting ours in 11 days!! :banana:

poohj80
04-02-2012, 04:12 PM
I prefered the old plastic drinking bottles with built in coozie. We used those at the dirnk stations on board.

hamm1207
04-03-2012, 01:36 AM
Awesome! Thank you everyone...i can't wait to get our new backpack and this is our first gold cruise!!,

LissaW16
04-03-2012, 10:39 AM
I just skimmed all 13 pages of this thread, and I don't see any pics of the gifts. What did I miss? Anyone have pics?

MagicMe
04-03-2012, 11:26 AM
I just skimmed all 13 pages of this thread, and I don't see any pics of the gifts. What did I miss? Anyone have pics?

Post #10 on Page one has a rather large picture. Blue backpack with chip and dale treats.

mytripsandraces
04-03-2012, 11:28 AM

There's a picture on the first page, but you have to scroll down to see it.

MomsGoneGoofy
04-03-2012, 12:42 PM

:rotfl2: Our flip flop treats looked like someone actually tried to wear them. :rotfl2: They were flattened out with the icing all cracked. No big deal, no one in my family liked them anyway.

LissaW16
04-03-2012, 01:16 PM
There's a picture on the first page, but you have to scroll down to see it.

Sorry, is my dumb internet at work, hiding all the good stuff. I looked at it on my phone and I can see the pictures. Thanks!

trippy1976
05-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Just got back from four nights on the dream. Our first time as CC members and I thought the backpack was just awesome. I would have traded the snacks for a water bottle. So much food on board already :). The backpack is pretty nice, we will use it for years to come. Lots of pockets and space. We usually had our slr camera, changing pad, extra change of toddler clothes, our sunglasses and more. Sure beat our diaper bag which saw a lot of shelf time.

ratt1345
05-03-2012, 01:11 PM
I haven't looked through all the pages to this, so forgive me if this has been mentioned. They use to give away a beach towel for the main gift. It was a good size, thick and very absorbent. I still have two of them and use them when I go to the beach or to the pool. The best beach towels I have ever had. I would like them to come back. HINT...HINT!!!:thumbsup2

blueferral
05-03-2012, 01:30 PM
FYI the center of the key chain spins. We just got back from 5 day. Kids had the treats gone before I got the luggage in the room. (we just left the buffet) :rotfl2:

Melissa S
05-03-2012, 01:45 PM
I know PPs have said that the backpack is large. Is it large enough to bring as the only bag for excursions and to Castaway Cay (for a family of three)? I was going to bring a tote bag, but will leave it at home if the backpack is large enough to use. Assuming there isn't a new gift next month.

MagicMe
05-03-2012, 03:37 PM
I know PPs have said that the backpack is large. Is it large enough to bring as the only bag for excursions and to Castaway Cay (for a family of three)? I was going to bring a tote bag, but will leave it at home if the backpack is large enough to use. Assuming there isn't a new gift next month.

Not sure how big it is but they just recently changed gifts so I don't see them changing to a new CC gift for at least another year or two. I believe the last beach bag type gift was introduced in 2010 or possibly 2008. I know I received that one several times. My first CC cruise was in 2006 and I received a tote bag that I still use every day!

mom2aidanNpiper
05-03-2012, 03:46 PM

It depends on what you are bringing. Last month for 4 of us we fit in 1 backpack 2 kids sunhats, sunscreen, sunglasses, copies of travel paperwork and our ID's, etc, 4 DCL pool towels and a couple water bottles (the towels were bulky!).

That is all we could fit though! Our other travel partner had to take her own towel and an extra pair of shoes for one of my kiddos, as well as anything she specifically needed.

Hope that helps!

jetskigrl
05-03-2012, 04:01 PM

I was just putting mine away last night, LOL. I would say it is about the size that an elementary school student would use. So in school terms, the main pocket could probably only hold a binder and two text books. In non-school terms, you could probably fit a couple pairs of water socks, some bottles of water, sunscreen, hats and one or maybe two DCL towels (no more than one if it was a large beach towel).

It doesn't expand out very much(unlike many backpacks that people would use for touring). I believe there is also a zippered outside pocket and a second unzippered (open) outside pocket. There are also mesh bottle holders on the sides.

It is a nice size for one person, but may be a bit of a stretch for three, depending on what yoiu are bringing. In all honesty, I'm not sure of the quality yet either. We did use it for one excursion and it was fine. But I don't think I would depend on it as my only bag. I would be scared it might not hold up that well.

disneyfan19712006
01-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Platinum boarding rocks!

Luv2Diz
01-12-2013, 10:58 AM

Mine is sitting right here so I measured it . It's 18" tall, 14" wide and 6" deep. A number of people used theirs on excursions into the ports, but for 3 at CC it is probably a bit small.

MrsKP
01-12-2013, 11:10 AM
How often do CC gifts change?

EeyoreIsMyName
01-12-2013, 06:40 PM
How often do CC gifts change?

We went on the Wonder in July 2011 and the Fantasy in August 2012 and received different CC gifts each time. Don't know for sure if they switch them every year though.

3princessMommy
01-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Goodness! I just realized we are going to get FOUR of these things in March! And I've already got two! (2 cabins on a B2B)

What am I going to do with 6 backpacks!

Wish they would change them every year. It certainly wouldn't be the reason I would cruise, but it sure would be a nice bonus to see the new surprise waiting for me!

(We've been through three CC gifts in total.) I really prefer the red & black tote bags that we got on our first CC cruise. I still use those!

aan1701
01-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Well I love the Current Backpack. I only have one and hope they are still around in May when I cruise again.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Disney Dreams
01-12-2013, 07:31 PM
We still don't have the "current" backpack. They can't change it yet! Hehe

- Dreams

neg58
01-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Goodness! I just realized we are going to get FOUR of these things in March! And I've already got two! (2 cabins on a B2B)

Wish they would change them every year. It certainly wouldn't be the reason I would cruise, but it sure would be a nice bonus to see the new surprise waiting for me!

(We've been through three CC gifts in total.) I really prefer the red & black tote bags that we got on our first CC cruise. I still use those!

The backpacks would be the perfect size for a young child for a school backpack (like k-3rd grade). You could donate them to a back to school drive.

Nancy

Mrstrim2002
02-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Since this is our first cruise as silver, I say bring on the backpack! Because everyone knows the mom carries everything!

MoukyMouse
02-24-2013, 06:32 PM
This is probably a dumb question for Disney cruise regulars, but...

How does Disney know if you're a repeat cruiser?

My 1st Disney cruise was 13 yrs ago on my honeymoon. Because it was the day after the wedding, my last name was still officially my maiden name. So, basically, it's been 13yrs, 2 different addresses & a last name change for me since the 1st cruise.

Is Disney going to realize that we are the same people from 13yrs ago & should be now be a Silver Castaway Club member? Or has too much time lapsed since the 1st cruise?

dee slack
02-24-2013, 07:07 PM
This is probably a dumb question for Disney cruise regulars, but...

How does Disney know if you're a repeat cruiser?

My 1st Disney cruise was 13 yrs ago on my honeymoon. Because it was the day after the wedding, my last name was still officially my maiden name. So, basically, it's been 13yrs, 2 different addresses & a last name change for me since the 1st cruise.

Is Disney going to realize that we are the same people from 13yrs ago & should be now be a Silver Castaway Club member? Or has too much time lapsed since the 1st cruise?

time shouldn't be an issue as they 'found' us after 14 years, we first sailed DCL in Oct 1998 and our 2nd cruise will be May 18th 2013 and we are Silver CC members. I would guess you would just need to contact CC staff and give them your details to locate your previous cruise details.

Lawdawg
02-24-2013, 08:09 PM
This is probably a really dumb question, but I'll ask anyway. Only been on 1 Disney Cruise. Going on # 2 in September, so that will be my first experience with cc gifts. There are 3 of us sailing, all on cruise #2, so do we each get the gifts, or is it one gift set per stateroom?

AudreyKThompson
02-24-2013, 08:14 PM
This is probably a really dumb question, but I'll ask anyway. Only been on 1 Disney Cruise. Going on # 2 in September, so that will be my first experience with cc gifts. There are 3 of us sailing, all on cruise #2, so do we each get the gifts, or is it one gift set per stateroom?
1 per stateroom with a returning cruiser in it- no such thing as a dumb question!

Welcome back!

nabi
02-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Anyone looking to clear out their closet? I'd love a red bag (mine was damaged)-- I'd pay s/h! PM me :cool1:

I have a few backpacks.

AudreyKThompson
02-25-2013, 03:28 PM
I have a few backpacks.
Thanks! Just pm'd you :)

Lawdawg
02-25-2013, 08:00 PM
1 per stateroom with a returning cruiser in it- no such thing as a dumb question!

Welcome back!

Thanks Audrey!

Jillpie
03-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Oh I really hope they still have these backpacks, this would be perfect for my African trip this Fall, to take out on our daily safaris, the perfect size for me! Disney, please don't change it up, we're sailing at the end of April!:)

Are there any inside pockets, for cell phones? Or small objects?

Siliobear
03-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Ooh! Next week is our 2nd cruise so we qualify for a cc gift? Yay! Plus we're DVC members so we usually get a gift and door magnet. Is the gift a backpack? We went on Adv by Dis a few years ago and each got a backpack but others got a messenger bag, which I prefer. Anyone ever get a dcl messenger bag?

lindaso
03-29-2013, 06:30 PM
I need them to keep the backpacks for a few more months. Mine just broke and I need a new one!!! I use it at the kids' volleyball tournaments, it's the perfect size!!

dizzyr
03-29-2013, 11:27 PM

!

You could send one to me LOL :) :) :)

dhluvsDisney
04-30-2013, 10:32 PM
What is the present gift for the gold level of membership (Castaway)?
Thanks!

lilpooh108
05-01-2013, 12:01 AM
I love the red bags. Wish they'd bring those back.

DL1957
05-01-2013, 08:09 AM
What is the present gift for the gold level of membership (Castaway)?
Thanks!

In addition to the backpack you also get stationary and luggage belt. I really like the belts as we have always used those to help identify our luggage and as an extra precaution when flying you never know if the zipper on your luggage will get broken!

tchrrx
05-01-2013, 08:14 AM
We usually each carry a backpack onto the plane. I think I'll try to consolidate down to two on the way down so that we can use this one on the way home with souveniors in it.

mmouse37
05-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Please remember there is no selling/buying on the Dis....take any transactions to private email please. Thank you.

MJ

Theparks
06-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Does anyone know the current silver gift for 2013?

jilljill
06-12-2013, 03:51 PM

It's the blue backpack mentioned earlier in this thread.

Theparks
06-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Thanks! I didnt know if it had changed since those post from 2012.

Kirbo
06-12-2013, 08:54 PM

It's the blue backpack mentioned earlier in this thread.
We just did the B2B with the EBTA and the first Med. On the EBTA we got the blue backpack, Mickey shaped goldfish, and the bad keychain that the wording flakes off too fast. On the Med we got a different gift. We got a better keychain, a beachbag that you can sling over one shoulder and two metal water bottles. Not sure if they dug out old things for our second half or if they changed the gift for everyone.

PrincessShmoo
06-12-2013, 08:56 PM
We just did the B2B with the EBTA and the first Med. On the EBTA we got the blue backpack, Mickey shaped goldfish, and the bad keychain that the wording flakes off too fast. On the Med we got a different gift. We got a better keychain, a beachbag that you can sling over one shoulder and two metal water bottles. Not sure if they dug out old things for our second half or if they changed the gift for everyone.

I'm thinking that once they got to Barcelona, they found a stash of the old CC gifts stored there somewhere. And decided to use them up.

aan1701
06-12-2013, 09:01 PM
I'm thinking that once they got to Barcelona, they found a stash of the old CC gifts stored there somewhere. And decided to use them up.

Oh I hope they're just using old ones. I love the backpack. I am hoping for a third one in oct. I go through them fast. It's my backpack for everything.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards