PDA

View Full Version : Offsite for One Night

dreamscometrue101
02-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Back in the fall I booked a trip to the world for myself and my son. The reservation has us arriving on Sunday August 19th.

I've been pricing out our flights and I will save close to $500 if we fly in the night before. Because I was able to get the Canadian Free Dining offer I wouldn't be able to add the one night to my resesevation so I'd either have to do a single night room only reservation or stay off site.

I'm thinking staying offsite may give me the option to see what else is in the Orlando area as I've never been anywhere but on property.

Are there any hotels close to the world that you recommend for one night?

Straitlover
02-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Are you renting a car? If not, if you don't stay near the airport at a hotel w/ shuttle, you'd have to pay to get to you resort the next day.

If you have no car, I'd go w/ a room only onsite. If you do have a car and can find a deal, I would look for one of the hotels in the Marriott Village at Little Lake Bryan. You'd be right between DTD and International Blvd and could check out International but be close to your resort for check-in the next day.

spiceycat
02-13-2012, 12:55 PM
if you don't have a car - I agree with the PP - stay onsite - the values are nice for this. plus disney will move your luggage the next morning. all you have to do is go check in the hotel.

catne
02-14-2012, 06:15 PM
stay offsite,and take a cab to your Disney resort...you'll get a less expensive hotel room.

We just spent Saturday night at Holiday Inn on Hotel Plaza Blvd next to Downtown Disney. The hotel is nice, great pool area, small restaurant on-site. Downtown Disney is walking distance (1/2 mile) if you're a walker...otherwise the hotel had a free shuttle running (I think it was on the 1/2 hour, and did stop at other hotels in the Downtown Disney area.) As I recall, there were shuttles available to other parks in Orlando too, but may have been a charge for those shuttles. Or you could take a cab.