PDA

View Full Version : Owner's Suite and Sailaway Party

darkpixie08
02-08-2012, 01:31 PM
We've never done a Disney cruise before, though we have done plenty of cruises on other lines. This next time we'll be in the Owner's Suite, and I was wondering if we should still attend the sail away party on deck or if we should just have a private family one in our room (there will be 7 of us sailing together, though obviously not all in one room). Would we be missing anything?

kcashner
02-08-2012, 01:54 PM
What is the "Owner's Suite?"

I'm familiar with the Walt and Roy suites and the Royal Suites.

As to the sail away party....we've done way too many of them. I don't like the "mosh pit" feeling--about 3000 of your new best friends crammed into the deck with a lot of noise. THe good part is the characters coming down. We do it when we sail with friends who are newbies, but I'm not thrilled any more. A party in a suite would be a totally different animal--you'd miss the noise, the dancing, waving streamers, etc. The characters won't come to any suite that I know of. But I'd prefer the sort of party that I'd throw in a suite to the mob scene on deck.

darkpixie08
02-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Oh sorry, Royal Suite, not Owner's, I was getting my cruise lines mixed up.

kcashner
02-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Everyone has different opinions, but I'd have some nice munchies sent to the suite and enjoy it.

darkpixie08
02-08-2012, 02:30 PM
That's kind of what I was thinking. We'll have just done 4 days at the parks, so we'll have had plenty of character interactions, and I don't really like crowds that much. Nice snacks, a drink on the balcony and relaxing with family sounds like a win to me. I just didn't want to be a total humbug if it turns out the sail away party is something truly spectacular on Disney.