PDA

View Full Version : packed lunches?

tseitel
02-08-2012, 01:57 PM
I have never taken advantage of room service before, so I am very unfamiliar with it. For our June West. Carrib cruise coming up, I would like to book an excursion (non-Disney) that would have us out before, during, and after lunch. Is it possible to call room service and request some type of sandwiches, cookies, etc to go? Would they wrap them up if I specify I would be "traveling" with them? Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated!!!
with my group, the fish swimming by would start to look good, if they had to go without food!! lol

clten
02-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Most of the islands, you are not allowed to take food that is not pre-packaged (and closed) on shore. (Yes, people will say they have done it and noone has said anything to them or even checked. And if you want to take that chance personally, it's up to you.) However, if you tell DCL that your intent is to take it ashore, they will not assist you in breaking those laws. So, no they will not provide you with a packed lunch or even wrap it for you. I personally haven't done this, but I have heard that people have requested the Smuckers uncrustables from room service and have requested that they leave them in the package so that they can be brought off the ship.

mellyp
02-08-2012, 04:50 PM
The port don't allow us any fresh food and diary, may be you can bring some cookie. I never bring any food. We just going out after we eat and back when is lunch time or eating at the port.