PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about flying, possibly on Allegiant Air??

malacajo
02-08-2012, 01:02 PM
We are toying with the idea of flying in from NC, it's a 12 hr drive. We want to save miles and wear and tear on vehicles, etc. Anyway-first off, has anyone ever used Allegiant? Also, does anyone know an approximate price for a taxi or something from airport to a PC hotel?? Thanks in advance!

kcashner
02-08-2012, 01:09 PM
There are services like Cocoa Beach shuttle that will be far cheaper than a taxi.

Check out the full cost of Allegiant Air. The rates look incredible, but they charge for EVERYTHING separately, including making reservations on line. You need to look at the final cost. The other issue we encountered was they they only flew on certain days of the week. I found it easier and the same price to use Southwest.

malacajo
02-08-2012, 01:35 PM
There are services like Cocoa Beach shuttle that will be far cheaper than a taxi.

Check out the full cost of Allegiant Air. The rates look incredible, but they charge for EVERYTHING separately, including making reservations on line. You need to look at the final cost. The other issue we encountered was they they only flew on certain days of the week. I found it easier and the same price to use Southwest.

Ugh, just called them..Fly out days won't work with our Sat-Sat cruise..They said that they charge a $10 fee per person to book online, then a $30 charge per bag-but that was total, not charged each way. Swest right now looks very pricey, Airtran is giving me half the charge of Swest, but with a 4 hr lay-over in Atlanta both ways...I've never heard of the shuttle, can you tell me how I would find info on that? You are always helpful on here KCashner! Thanks!

bzss7x
02-08-2012, 04:59 PM
I just booked a flight on Allegiant for July for our family of 4. Our total price (and I opted for virtually every add-on like choosing seats and prepaid luggage) was just over $1150. That is for a direct flight. All of the major airlines' fares were exactly the same - $550 / person with a layover. For a ~$1000 savings, I'll drive to Sanford.

Keurigirl
02-08-2012, 05:13 PM
If you google Allegiant airline reviews, you will get a pretty good picture of the airline....

LynneyPooh
02-08-2012, 05:22 PM
We used alligent a few years ago and flew into Sanford . I watched prices carefully, at the time their prices fluctuated between $39-89. It was cheaper for us to fly in to Sanford and do a one way car rental. The flight itself was actually one of the best we've ever had. The cons were: flying into Sanford , fees, and the days/times they fly. I'd use them again if it were to work out. Btw whoever you chose, it's worth it to choose your seats ahead of time. DH and I were separated in jan 2011 when I purchased through Disney on another airline. We had confirmed seats, not assigned seats. ( I didn't realized this until we checked in). I was NOT happy...

LynneyPooh
02-08-2012, 05:24 PM
PS: just another thought about driving, gas prices are expected to be really high.

Florida Dreamin'
02-08-2012, 05:25 PM
We've flown with Allegiant a couple of times. Not the most extravagant but it's gets it's job done.

got4boys
02-08-2012, 05:32 PM
We have flown Allegiant and if you book when the fares come out, watch out for the early bird specials and book then.

Last summer we were to drive, but with the price of gas - our break even point, with gas, hotel there and back, food was approximately $850. (It is a 19 1/2 hour drive for us). The only difference last year cost was the rental car (we had to rent one) and definitely worth the flight.

quentina
02-08-2012, 05:39 PM
We are toying with the idea of flying in from NC, it's a 12 hr drive. We want to save miles and wear and tear on vehicles, etc. Anyway-first off, has anyone ever used Allegiant? Also, does anyone know an approximate price for a taxi or something from airport to a PC hotel?? Thanks in advance!

I did, from Allentown PA to MCO. They now only go into Sanford from up here but, I have to say...I really liked the flight. Comfortable seats, nice service etc. Just watch if you book online, you need to "uncheck" lots of boxes for extra added items. Otherwise, I would fly them again.

Chris40
02-08-2012, 05:42 PM
We have always had good luck with Allegient. They are the cheapest and always a direct flight. We have 2 nights before the cruise and one after but that works for us. Just an FYI, if you walk in and buy your tickets at the counter you'll save a little bit.

malacajo
02-10-2012, 08:21 AM
I was really trying to be frugal but in the end, it looks like we have to drive. The cheapest flight for us (Allegiant doesn't come out with their prices for Sept until next month) is Air Tran-4 of us for $570, which is great but still includes a minimum 4 hr layover in Atlanta. Well on the way to Orlando, that's no so bad, but on the way home, we'll just want to get home fast but unfortunately along with the layover it also includes a 3 hr car ride from airport...We'll tough it out in the car for 12 hrs I guess!! :)