PDA

View Full Version : 75 days out, 64 Empty Cabins right now. Is this typical for 3 night?

mketting
02-08-2012, 10:40 AM
75 days out, 64 Empty Cabins right now. Is this typical for 3 night? Wondering about crowds onboard and chance of upgrade.

I booked a cat 11GTY just last week and as you can guess am hoping for an upgrade. The day I booked there were no Oceanviews but somehow TA found the CAT 11 A GTY. I'm happy with the Cat 11 as I have done that 5 times, just hopeful.

kcashner
02-08-2012, 10:49 AM
How do you know there are 64 empty cabins? What I'm really asking is how do you know that there are not just 64 "unassigned" cabins? For example--you have a gty cabin; so...since you plan to sleep in some cabin, there are only 63 open--right? Or did DCL actually tell you that they have 64 empty/unsold cabins?

Is this normal--sometimes. Does it influence your chances of an upgrade? That depends on what categories are open vs. what are full. Will YOU get the upgrade rather than someone else?--maybe.

Good luck!

mketting
02-08-2012, 10:54 AM
I went to DCL booking site and looked at all the available cats and how many cabins. Right now there are 64 that I could book online.

kcashner
02-08-2012, 11:11 AM
I went to DCL booking site and looked at all the available cats and how many cabins. Right now there are 64 that I could book online.

OK, that does not tell you that there are 64 unsold cabins. You understand the logic that it means they are allowing you to see that many unassigned cabins, right? We were on one cruise where they sold over 100 cabins at 11C prices--there are only 13 of these cabins on the ship, so a LOT of people got upgrades. However, the web still showed all those cat 9s and 10s as available for booking until about 30 days before the cruise. At that point, the cat 11C people were placed into cabins.

IF DCL really has 64 cabins open, it wouldn't surprise me to see CM or TA specials become available in an attempt to fill the ship. An empty cabin is a loss to DCL; a cabin sold at a "break even" price means that the guest may purchase merchandise, beverages, spa, etc. on which DCL can make a profit!

What you are seeing on line won't predict your chances of an upgrade this early. If you were seeing this at 10 days before, you'd have a good chance of a purchased at port upgrade!

mketting
02-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the Info