PDA

View Full Version : DCL Gratuities

SB in KY
02-08-2012, 10:51 AM
I did not see this in the FAQ's, sorry if it has been asked before....I saw the list of suggested gratuities. How are these handled on DCL? Can I just go by the desk and ask to have the $12/person/day added to our on board accounts or are we expected to do these directly? We have cruised several times on HAL and they are just added to your account automatically unless you request otherwise....that is very handy, but I had not seen anyone say exactly how it is handled on DCL.
Thanks

Who's your Mickey?
02-08-2012, 10:54 AM
I did not see this in the FAQ's, sorry if it has been asked before....I saw the list of suggested gratuities. How are these handled on DCL? Can I just go by the desk and ask to have the $12/person/day added to our on board accounts or are we expected to do these directly? We have cruised several times on HAL and they are just added to your account automatically unless you request otherwise....that is very handy, but I had not seen anyone say exactly how it is handled on DCL.
Thanks

You can prepay grats via the DCL website or you can do it onboard at guest services if you don't want to have to worry about carrying cash. You have to request this though. DCL does not do it automatically.

SB in KY
02-08-2012, 11:05 AM
That's exactly what I needed to know
Thanks!

kcashner
02-08-2012, 11:24 AM
You can prepay grats via the DCL website or you can do it onboard at guest services if you don't want to have to worry about carrying cash. You have to request this though. DCL does not do it automatically.

Actually, it depends on the ship. On the MAGIC, the tips are automatically added to your onboard account. You will get a letter in your stateroom explaining this and you can go to GS to eliminate the tip charge or change the amount. On the Wonder and Dream, you will get a letter advising you that you can go to GS to have the tips charged, but they are not automatic.

The automatic tips started on the Magic last summer when many of the non-US guests were stiffing the staff.