PDA

View Full Version : do you wear your bathing suits for us tours.

coachsomer
02-08-2012, 07:57 AM
doing an Eastern cruise this summer and looking at some tours which incl.s
some beach or water stops. looking at St Martin/ St thomas and was wondering if you wear your bathing suits the whole time or do you change once you get to the beaches. also curious about coming back on the bus with a wet suit. just wear gym shorts over suits or just wrap towels around yourselves. there's a private tour company we are looking at for St Martin which sounds like you might be at a beach, then a market, then lunch<bar?>
then a beach again. that's a lot of changing. < unless you brave the nude beaches>
off topic- we have been on buses at Disworld when people from the pool parks get on/off and leave a wet seat. Magical Express seat are plastic, but I would assume the majority of the bus seats are wet<damp> throughout the day.

DisneyOHFan
02-08-2012, 08:03 AM
We wear our suits, but have cover-ups or shorts/t-shirts over them.

PrincessTrisha
02-08-2012, 08:29 AM
When we went to St Thomas, we did the the ultimate excursion (or something like that) - it had a tour of the island, then a stop at Maegen's Bay and then a stop at Blackbeard's castle and then shopping and a ferry ride back to the ship.

I made my god daughter wear her swim suit in the morning under her shirt and shorts and then pack underthings in our day bag. She was a little miffed at first and wondered why she couldn't just change when we got to the beach.

When we got to the beach she said she was so glad that I made her wear her swim suit because there was such a line for the bathrooms to change and the water was so beautiful and inviting she just wanted to jump right in.

We got out of the water about 1/2 hour before our tour left so we could dry off. It was an 'open air' taxi so the seats were not absorbant material (some were plastic, some were vinyl).

On St Maarten we also did a taxi tour (stopping at Maho beach) the taxi seats were not fabric but vinyl or whatever it is they use in cars these days.

I would recommend planning at least a few minutes in the sun before getting into the taxi so you can dry off and maybe change.

Plus, who wants to shop in wet clothes.