PDA

View Full Version : Ques. about check in / arrival / departure time?

disneybaby31
02-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Our 75 day mark is coming up and I had some questions about picking an arrival and departure time. What are the "good" times? For what is worth we will be arriving at Port via disney tranportation from WDW and leaving port for the airport, but our flight home isn't until after 2 PM.

Thanks for any tips!

sissy_ib
02-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Our 75 day mark is coming up and I had some questions about picking an arrival and departure time. What are the "good" times? For what is worth we will be arriving at Port via disney tranportation from WDW and leaving port for the airport, but our flight home isn't until after 2 PM.

Thanks for any tips!

For you port arrival time it might not matter because you will get there whenever the bus you are on arrives. You have no control over that, they will schedule it for you. I don't think you chose your departure time either. You will be directed to the DCL buses to the airport as soon as you leave the customs area.

kcashner
02-07-2012, 05:35 PM
This is as easy as it gets.....You do not choose a departure time. You finish breakfast, then walk off the ship go to the terminal and thru Customs. You walk to the podium where a CM is directing people to buses and tell her which airline you are on--she tells you which bus to get on Your "time" is whenever you finish breakfast. My only suggestion would be to not be on the last bus--earlier they send a bus to terminal A while another bus goes to terminal B. If you are on the last bus, it will hit every stop at the airport, and you will wait at the cruise terminal for a long time till they are sure that they have all passengers.

As to arrival time--you can choose something like 1:30 (which is when you will arrive) or any time that is available. You will arrive on the DCL bus and enter the terminal within minutes of arriving. By the time you arrive, they will be on "open boarding," so as soon as you have checked in, you can walk onto the ship.