PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Nassau Question

asimaaliyah
02-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Hello. My family and I are going on our 1st cruise in May. :woohoo: We're debating on whether we're getting off in Nassau or staying on board. My mom went on her first cruise last July with my brother and his fiance, she said that when they got off in Nassau, to get back on board not only did they have to show their stateroom cards, they also had to have their IDs. People that didn't have ID and only had their stateroom keys were not allowed to go thru security. My questions is, has anyone ever had any issues getting back on the ship from any port using just their KTTW keys. My hubby and I have state issued IDs but our daughters do not. We won't get off of the ship if this is going to be a problem. :confused3

We are not cruising with passports this time, just our birth certificates because when I initially planned this cruise passports were not and are still not in the budget with a family of 7. We will be vacationing again in 2014 to Jamaica and we will definitely have passports by then, just not this time.

Thank you to everyone who responds. :love:

PrincessShmoo
02-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Hello. My family and I are going on our 1st cruise in May. :woohoo: We're debating on whether we're getting off in Nassau or staying on board. My mom went on her first cruise last July with my brother and his fiance, she said that when they got off in Nassau, to get back on board not only did they have to show their stateroom cards, they also had to have their IDs. People that didn't have ID and only had their stateroom keys were not allowed to go thru security. My questions is, has anyone ever had any issues getting back on the ship from any port using just their KTTW keys. My hubby and I have state issued IDs but our daughters do not. We won't get off of the ship if this is going to be a problem. :confused3

We are not cruising with passports this time, just our birth certificates because when I initially planned this cruise passports were not and are still not in the budget with a family of 7. We will be vacationing again in 2014 to Jamaica and we will definitely have passports by then, just not this time.

I can't speak to Nassau, but on all our cruises, every port we were told (prior to getting off) that all adults would need their KTTW card AND a photo ID (passport or Drivers license) for reboarding. Children only needed their KTTW card.

HTH
:cutie:

sissy_ib
02-07-2012, 04:32 PM

They tell you to bring your photo ID with you when you get off the ship. It can be a drivers licence, does not have to be a pssport. I don't know why anyone would not bring it. :confused3 That said your children will not need a photo ID. You will have to be with them for them to go off the ship and all they will need is the KTTW card. I don't know but I'm sure DCL has a process in place if someone only had their KTTW and not a photo ID as well. Honestly, I don't know why someone would get off the ship in a foreign country and not bring identification.