PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Party Changes

toontoy
02-07-2012, 03:23 PM
We just got off the wonder on Sunday and noticed the Pirate party changed and now just mainly just a dance event and it was kinda boring. The kids with us aged 4 and 6 didn't even make it to the end as they said it was boring and wanted to go. We were on the magic in 08 and it had a fun party with more than just dancing. I was wondering what it is like on the Fantasy or dream?

Any thoughts

PrincessShmoo
02-07-2012, 04:06 PM
We just got off the wonder on Sunday and noticed the Pirate party changed and now just mainly just a dance event and it was kinda boring. The kids with us aged 4 and 6 didn't even make it to the end as they said it was boring and wanted to go. We were on the magic in 08 and it had a fun party with more than just dancing. I was wondering what it is like on the Fantasy or dream?

Any thoughts

We were on the Wonder in Oct and Dec. The pirate party seemed to be the same we had seen on the Magic on our previous cruises. They pretty much do the "let's all do the ..." (some kind of dance), getting the audience involved. Periodically, the characters would do a little scene leading up to the pirates taking over the festivities. Then Mickey swoops in to save day, starting the fireworks.

How is it different?

:cutie:

mellyp
02-07-2012, 04:36 PM
I was on wonder on last january, The party is still the same I think they make improvement with the show. Last year mickey coming from the stair but this year mickey coming down from the other side with rope.

The one I miss is the Gala Dessert buffet. This year they don't do it again.

kcashner
02-07-2012, 05:08 PM
The dessert buffet is only on 7 night cruises (and longer). It was on the ship in June and December.

Mickey flying from the far side has been going on for years, weather permitting. If conditions are not safe, Mickey will come down the stairs. The pirate party and show have been the same (essentially) for a couple of years....

carpenta
02-07-2012, 05:08 PM
I agree with you Toon toy. We thought it was more "theathric" rather than fun. I guess they seem to change it to attract new customers and keep the old ones happy.

extechie rbd/wdt
02-07-2012, 09:34 PM
I may be wrong, but Mickey doesn't do the slide above the Guest's on the pool deck on the Dream?

Ex Techie :)

truck1
02-07-2012, 10:02 PM
I wonder if there was a technical reason(weather etc) that Mickey didnt slide like he normally does.

extechie rbd/wdt
02-07-2012, 10:13 PM
I "heard" that the distance between the funnel's being larger mean't that the "slide for life" or "wire transfer" decline meant that it was too long and shallow to make it work on the Dream class.

I think it was just one of those afterthoughts about a show being able to work once the ship design had been signed off, and as it had been done before, the extra expense to make it work wasn't approved.

Ex Techie :)