PDA

View Full Version : Concierge on the Magic--room location question

GeneMachine
02-06-2012, 10:26 PM
I am considering booking a concierge room (1 Bedroom suite) on the Magic. My question is in reference to the location--the ones available are the ones located aft--it looks like they have larger verandas than the ones on the sides of the ship. I don't really care about the size of the veranda, I am just wondering why all four of those are available, and no others. Are they less desirable for some reason that I don't know about, having never booked a room in this category, and on that deck before? I seem to remember someone mentioning the back of the ship sometimes will get sooty from the stacks--can anyone verify this? We spent some time on "secret" deck 7 last year and never noticed.

Thanks in advance!:hippie:

GeneMachine
02-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Found this by searching tonight: Magic 1 bedroom suites (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2857945&highlight=magic+concierge)

Anyone have anything to add? I am trying to decide between a suite and two adjoining rooms on deck 7 aft. We had a room there our last cruise and liked it.

justmestace
02-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Those four rooms in the aft, the one bedroom suites, are HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE.

I realize now that DCL no longer requires people reserving those rooms to provide the medical form that they always used to require (they also were never available to book online) but if you DO reserve one, and someone comes along with needs for the accessible room, DCL will move you.
Or worse, the person with needs won't be able to go, because an able-bodied person is in an accessible room.

Sorry to sound so harsh...this is DCL's fault, not yours. Those rooms should not be made available on the website. I don't know why DCL changed that.

To answer your other questions...the verandahs in 8102 and 8602 ARE very large....but there is no shade, and no privacy, due to the buffet being directly above. They DO get very black from the stacks, and it gets on everything out there....also, when they hose off the deck above, right between the two dinner hours, it's like it's raining on those verandahs.

The verandahs in 8100 and 8600 are still good sized, but not as much as the others.

Bear3412
02-07-2012, 02:34 AM
As PP indicated these are HC rooms. however that doesn't stop DCL from assigning them. They usually wait till a week or so out. They have kicked folks out of these rooms "IF" HC person at last minute makes ressie, but that is unusual as that HC person would pay a fortune last minute. Most HC people book early like we all do. [ Excuse me justmestace ]

These rooms are coveted especially the inside ones as they have the huge balconies. Ironically, if no one books them DCL will upgrade people to these rooms just prior to boarding usually so they can rework inventory and gain some cash. Or offer them at port as upgrades. But beware.

These rooms have no tubs and don't have the usual bed configuration either. In fact some only sleep three if that. And as PP said they have verandas with "views" above. Also you can get water and trash from above. Magic Class though is definitely not my specialty.

OP, try to get a mid ship cat T on starboard side. :thumbsup2
And / or try for this upgrade, 8102, 8602, at port, if avail, if you didn't get a cat T prior.

Don't try to book these cabins in advance. It's bad karma.

GeneMachine
02-07-2012, 08:10 AM

Totally. I didn't realize until I looked closer that they were accessible; I was just so happy to see a 1 bedroom that I clicked on one of them to reserve.

Disney shouldn't release those rooms! I'm canceling the hold I have on that room. I don't believe in karma, and I realize someone else will probably get that room who doesn't need it, but at least that jerk won't be me.

outahere
02-07-2012, 08:21 AM
As PP indicated these are HC rooms. however that doesn't stop DCL from assigning them. They usually wait till a week or so out. They have kicked folks out of these rooms "IF" HC person at last minute makes ressie, but that is unusual as that HC person would pay a fortune last minute. Most HC people book early like we all do. [ Excuse me justmestace ]

These rooms are coveted especially the inside ones as they have the huge balconies. Ironically, if no one books them DCL will upgrade people to these rooms just prior to boarding usually so they can rework inventory and gain some cash. Or offer them at port as upgrades. But beware.

These rooms have no tubs and don't have the usual bed configuration either. In fact some only sleep three if that. And as PP said they have verandas with "views" above. Also you can get water and trash from above. Magic Class though is definitely not my specialty.

OP, try to get a mid ship cat T on starboard side. :thumbsup2
And / or try for this upgrade, 8102, 8602, at port, if avail, if you didn't get a cat T prior.

The four cat T cabins at the back of the ship all sleep four people (one bed and a sofabed).

We have been assigned 8600 and 8602 after clearing the wait list for a suite. They are both great cabins, but I do have to agree with all the PP that the verandahs, while large, aren't that great. No shade or privacy and water and trash coming down from above.

kbmo4444
02-07-2012, 08:34 AM
We have been in 8100 twice. Once a discounted paid upgrade at port and once a last minute (4-5 days out) booking. Next to the Cat T midships and of course the Cat R we love the layout and location of these rooms. I am on the Magic 2/25/12 sailing and noticed that 8100 and 8102 just opened up yesterday so DCL must release these for online booking to the general public about 2 to 3 weeks out. Good luck to OP with your decision:goodvibes

EAP'sDAD
02-07-2012, 09:24 AM
I looked at the Stateroom reviews and the one I am booked into is not there. Does anyone know how I can find out if room 8048 on the Magic has the murphy bed in the living room or in the bedroom. Also has anyone ver stayed in this room. Just wondering what you thought about the noise from above?

Thanks for any info

kbmo4444
02-07-2012, 09:29 AM
I looked at the Stateroom reviews and the one I am booked into is not there. Does anyone know how I can find out if room 8048 on the Magic has the murphy bed in the living room or in the bedroom. Also has anyone ver stayed in this room. Just wondering what you thought about the noise from above?

Thanks for any info

Only the midship 8032,8034,8532 and 8534 have the murphy bed in the living room the others have the murphy bed in the bedroom

justmestace
02-07-2012, 09:41 AM

Thanks for any info

I've stayed in 8080, which is identical to 8048. As stated above, the murphy bed is in the master bedroom, right next to the balcony door.

The noise you'll hear from above will be the chairs being moved around as the crew cleans early in the morning, and running on deck during the day. The nights should be fairly quiet.

renee123
02-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Just back 2 weeks ago and I would book that suite again. I was on the waiting list and was called about 1 month before my trip. My upgrade was $2200. The TA told me that it was a handicap room and some people don't like it because of the privacy issue and no tub. Tub wasn't an issue for me and I really wanted to stay in the suite. The room seemed much larger than the other 1 bedroom suite. The veranda was also huge! There is partial shade to the right of the room and yes the buffet is above you. People can see down which I noticed especially in the am. The reason I would still book again is the extra space. The room is in great condition and I didn't notice any soot from stacks.

GeneMachine
02-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. I have two connecting rooms on deck 7 aft instead.

Venice, here we come!

medic1894
02-07-2012, 06:57 PM
I was booked once in HC room just by random assignment and yes a few months prior to sailing they needed it for some one with special need, and we we given a few category class upgrade. I was told if they have to move you it will always be equal or upgraded never lower.