PDA

View Full Version : freaking out about the weather for upcoming cruise!!

ellasky
02-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Just checked the forecast for our upcoming cruise which will be to the Bahamas starting on 2/12, and it says scattered showers on most days!!! If this is true it will ruin the trip, no???? Reassuring comments greatly appreciated for this first time cruiser!!

extechie rbd/wdt
02-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Well hopefully the weather will change! :goodvibes
Some ship outdoor activities like the sailaway or Pirates night might be held in doors if it's raining.
Even scattered shower's can last just a few minutes, and then it's sunny and warm again, so I wouldn't worry too much at this point!

Ex Techie :)

truck1
02-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Also, typically the Capts will dodge the rain while at sea.(The Wonder did this in 09 while we were onbaord. Capt John came over the PA and made that announcement.) Also, if the weather looks too iffy for CC day, the ship will generally rearrange the trip so you get into CC.

kcashner
02-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Scattered showers doesn't sound like an all day downpour. If there is any way that the ship can avoid bad weather, it will...even to the point of changing days for ports if possible.

pluto1979
02-06-2012, 10:26 PM
I would not worry about it too much at this time. The weather can change there very quickly so anything is possible. even if it does rain you will not be without things to do. Just relax and try not too worry. You are going to have a wonderful cruise!!!

BeeTeacher
02-06-2012, 10:48 PM
The weather can change by the time you go. we had a report of sunny for CC day on the 2/2/12 cruise and it was very windy and overcast.

That being said--even if it is overcast and scattered showers, you will have a good time. We packed panchos just in case and didn't need them, just a slight drizzle here and there. as long as its not lightning, you're good.

noahsketomom
02-06-2012, 11:26 PM
We were on the 1/29 dream. It said scattered showers (30% chance) every day up until debarkation. It was windy in Nassau, but we had a picture perfect day on CC. At sea, as Pp said, the captain manuvered to keep the boat in the sun ALL day long!

But regardless, weather is weather....you often can't change it, so try not to worry. have the attitude that you will have fun no matter what!!! And you will!!!

TCCDad
02-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Just checked the forecast for our upcoming cruise which will be to the Bahamas starting on 2/12, and it says scattered showers on most days!!! If this is true it will ruin the trip, no???? Reassuring comments greatly appreciated for this first time cruiser!!

Remember, the boat moves.

sambycat
02-10-2012, 11:01 AM
No it won't ruin your trip. If you look at forecasts for Florida and the Bahamas, Hawaii even, it almost always includes scattered showers.

Don't fret too much.

TitanBrett
02-10-2012, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't worry too much, scattered showers in Bahamas could just as easily mean no rain at all

Justacruiser
02-10-2012, 01:11 PM
The Bahamas to me is not that great anyway. If you are shopping, the shops are really close to the boat so if it is raining early in the morning, you could stay on until it clears a bit. It is rains a little there every few days so don't sweat the rain. It will usually come and go quickly.

Now CC is so funny. Just went in December and my DW were standing in the ocean and it started to rain. Probably rained lightly for 15 minutes, and then the sun came out the rest of the day. It started raining about 2pm and by 2:10 everyone on Serenity Bay was gone. Probably 10 of us left on the beach. We stayed out another hour or so and headed back. Crazy deserted. The beaches have umbrellas so if you prepare you can sit underneath one a few and get back after it. IF a big storm with wind or lightening, the CM's will let you know.

Been on 7 cruises and it has rained at some point on 5. Still the best vacations!!