PDA

View Full Version : Easter Sunday - Morning Services

MDTerp
02-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Not sure if this has been asked before...what, if any, Christian/Catholic services are available on board the Dream on Easter morning?

I was thinking a sunrise service, on an open deck, before we dock in Nassau could be an amazing thing...

DynamicDisneyDuo
02-06-2012, 08:54 PM
They do make an effort to arrange clergy on major holidays like Easter & Christmas. They make space available for the service but I believe it will be an interior space.

kcashner
02-06-2012, 08:56 PM
I don't know what they'll do--normally they don't do services on Sunday when the ship is disembarking that day. I think the logic is that people boarding can do services before they come to the terminal and people getting off can catch a service later in the morning if they choose. On the Magic, which sails on Saturday, they will have Roman Catholic and non-denominational services.

MDTerp
02-06-2012, 09:00 PM
I don't know what they'll do--normally they don't do services on Sunday when the ship is disembarking that day. I think the logic is that people boarding can do services before they come to the terminal and people getting off can catch a service later in the morning if they choose. On the Magic, which sails on Saturday, they will have Roman Catholic and non-denominational services.

This year, the cruise over Easter sails on Thursday and disembarks on Tuesday - its a 5-night double-dip.

Sarabi's Cubs
06-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Stumbled across this and thought I'd comment for future reference. There were both a sunrise nondenominational service and a Catholic mass on the Dream on Easter Sunday. There were also Catholic services on at least Friday and Saturday. I think it just depends on whether there are any ministers/priests on board. A cast member told me that they do try to have a priest on board for the crew to attend services, because many are Catholic, but Easter is obviously a difficult time for a minister/priest to be away. The priest on our cruise was some sort of Vatican ambassador and so did not have a parish.

Laurie

Gigi22
06-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Nassau is a highly religious city. If you are up for it, you could Google religious services near the port area and attend a church of your choice on land.

MDTerp
06-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Stumbled across this and thought I'd comment for future reference. There were both a sunrise nondenominational service and a Catholic mass on the Dream on Easter Sunday. There were also Catholic services on at least Friday and Saturday. I think it just depends on whether there are any ministers/priests on board. A cast member told me that they do try to have a priest on board for the crew to attend services, because many are Catholic, but Easter is obviously a difficult time for a minister/priest to be away. The priest on our cruise was some sort of Vatican ambassador and so did not have a parish.

Laurie

Laurie - you are correct - the priest this past Easter was originally from South Africa and was assigned to the United Nations. It was neat to have Easter Sunday mass in the Walt Disney Theater. I would have liked to have made the nondenominational service on deck, but i just couldn't get up quite that early.