PDA

View Full Version : few days in port canaveral

1972disneycruiser
02-06-2012, 08:17 PM
We will have two days in canaveral/cocoa this time, opting out of the Magic Kingdom. Any fun ideas for family of 4 ( 2 teenagers). Kids want to surf but we wont have a car. We will be staying at Best Western on the beach. Has anyone stayed here? Leaving on Dream first week in March:thumbsup2

stsomewhere
02-06-2012, 08:18 PM
We bought $10 foam boogie boards from Ron Jon's shop. They played in the surf all day.

truck1
02-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Right down the road, is Jetty Park. Theres beaches, picknic areas, pier for fishing etc. Its 10 dollars for a car to get in but I think taxis maybe free since they are only dropping off.

1972disneycruiser
02-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Just found a company on the internet that delivers surf boards. Has anyone ever used A1A Beach Rentals? Looks like it fits our situation ( no car) a1afunrentals .com

BeeTeacher
02-06-2012, 11:41 PM
I used to live in cocoa beach and you can rent boogie boards, bikes, and surfboards just about anywhere. There are also plenty of places that do surf classes and some of them would be up by Ron Jons where you are staying. If you want a less crowded beach avoid jetty park.

The Dinosaur store is cool. You could easily walk to some nice places to eat--we like Florida Seafood Grill but it is very busy most nights. Go at 4:00 for a late lunch/early dinner and no crowd.

There is also the surfing museum which I think is within walking distance of where you will be.

And of course, Ron Jons.