PDA

View Full Version : Drunk parents - really??????

sarahandgreg
02-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Just off the dream - fab second cruise - no kids for us just me and hubby

Stunned to observe several parents( all in the same party) drunk and in charge of their kids - unbelieveable! First encounter in an elevator - father of child holding a vodka and obviously blasted( bloodshot eyes etc and reeking of booze) whilst attempting to guide child into elevator.
Second encounter stood on deck 4 overlooking atrium - same father and friend(also father) in atrium bellowing loudly at their kids whilst playing some sort of chasing game with the kids and completley taking over the whole of the area - also rolling on the floor with child etc etc and struggling to stand up.
Third encounter in atrium again - swaggering around(without child, child with equally drunk friend) with various drinks and mother sitting astride him on the couch:eek: then proceeds to leave to go to dinner and has the nerve to leave his drink remains in glass on the bronze duck statue:confused3
Fourth encounter in the spa - knew it was the same family as they were loud and obnoxious and allowed the kids to run riot in the spa

Honestly - what is wrong with people:sad2:

PizzieDuster
02-06-2012, 07:28 PM
You do see a lot stuff while vacationing.

Sober people can be equally unbelievable. I run into more sober obnoxious parents then I do intoxicated parents. (Have you seen Pirate night? The princess line for pictures with 3 princesses?) LOL

I know I just worry about my family.

But sometimes it's fun to watch while walking by! :thumbsup2 If I did see something dangerous, I discreetly tell a crew member.

tvguy
02-06-2012, 08:42 PM
8 cruises, 1 on Disney, Disney being the only one I saw drunk people on. And even then it was only 4 people.