PDA

View Full Version : Internet fee on the ship

sjlnv
02-06-2012, 05:27 PM
We are going on the Disney Wonder to the Mexican Riviera. I know that there are computers to use, and that you can also buy an internet package for a laptop. Does anyone know what those fees may be? We are bringing my neice & I thought it might be a nice way for her to send her parents an e-mail saying hi, and the days adventures! Then decide if it is worth it just for the couple mins or to bring the laptop!
Thanks

extechie rbd/wdt
02-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Here's the weblink from the FAQ sticky at the top of the page:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/services/internet-cellular-services/

HTH's!

Ex Techie :)

JJsmama
02-06-2012, 06:56 PM
I do not think it is worth it to bring the laptop if that is all you want it for. We are just off the MR and the internet is SOO slow that in general, you just want to give up before you get the email done.

The package is $55 for 100 minutes I think or pay as you go.

If it is not a hassle to bring the laptop, take it off the ship to Starbucks in PV (this would be the middle of the cruise week) and use the wifi there. Dh saw lots of people there from the ship.

PrincessShmoo
02-06-2012, 07:11 PM
We are going on the Disney Wonder to the Mexican Riviera. I know that there are computers to use, and that you can also buy an internet package for a laptop. Does anyone know what those fees may be? We are bringing my neice & I thought it might be a nice way for her to send her parents an e-mail saying hi, and the days adventures! Then decide if it is worth it just for the couple mins or to bring the laptop!
Thanks

Plan 1 - $.75 per minute
Plan 2 - 100 minutes for $55
Plan 3 - 250 minutes for $100
Plan 4 - 500 minutes for $150

We found the best time to use the internet onboard was after the last show (really late) or really early before most people are up.

:cutie:

disney1990
02-06-2012, 07:32 PM
I think it was 50 cents for us to send a text message - maybe a better way to go.

kcashner
02-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Most of the ports have internet cafes with free or low cost internet if you have a laptop.