PDA

View Full Version : Castaway Cay excursion time

ImDMous
02-06-2012, 02:21 PM
We just got to book our excursions this past weekend. For Castaway Cay, we booked the first stingray time available, 9:00. We did this last time we went and it was great to do it first thing and then have the rest of the day to not have to look at the time.

This morning I was poking around on the cruise site and it lists our Castaway Cay arrival time at 9:45? Obviously, that won't work. :)

It's no problem to move to one of the other stingray times, I think they are every hour. But it just seems odd that they would even have one available at 9:00. Something doesn't jive there. Has anyone else done the 9:00? Do they let you off earlier if you have something scheduled at 9?

:beach:

PrincessShmoo
02-06-2012, 02:30 PM
We just got to book our excursions this past weekend. For Castaway Cay, we booked the first stingray time available, 9:00. We did this last time we went and it was great to do it first thing and then have the rest of the day to not have to look at the time.

This morning I was poking around on the cruise site and it lists our Castaway Cay arrival time at 9:45? Obviously, that won't work. :)

It's no problem to move to one of the other stingray times, I think they are every hour. But it just seems odd that they would even have one available at 9:00. Something doesn't jive there. Has anyone else done the 9:00? Do they let you off earlier if you have something scheduled at 9?

:beach:

I wouldn't worry about it. Since you're booked through DCL, they are aware of your excursion time. If there are any adjustments, they will let you know.

:cutie:

mindylee847
03-06-2012, 03:15 PM
That is odd. But it's good to hear that you enjoyed it so much that you're going again! I'm going on my first cruise in April and booked this. My soon to be husband is pretty nervous... he doesn't like things in water that can kill you. Any tips or comments that I can give him to ease his concerns?

sissy_ib
03-06-2012, 03:18 PM
9 am is most likely the time you will meet up on-board, not the time the excursion starts.

That is odd. But it's good to hear that you enjoyed it so much that you're going again! I'm going on my first cruise in April and booked this. My soon to be husband is pretty nervous... he doesn't like things in water that can kill you. Any tips or comments that I can give him to ease his concerns?
Umm, I don't think these stingrays can kill anyone. Pretty sure Disney would not let anyone, especially children, swim with deadly animals. If he is that nervous I would chose something else.

Mom323
03-06-2012, 03:21 PM
9 am is most likely the time you will meet up on-board, not the time the excursion starts.

For excursions on Castaway you do not have to meet up on board, like you would for other ports. :)

ImDMous
03-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Exactly, you just meet at the stingray cove, which makes the timing weird. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Maybe since we are the first ones, we will meet on the ship and they'll walk us off together or something.

I believe the stingrays at Castaway Cay have their barbs trimmed. They are in an enclosed area so there will not be any 'wild' ones with you. They really just want their stick of processed seafood and then they're on their way. You get some time to swim above them later in the hour but when you're feeding them, the water is about thigh high.

Minniemiss
03-06-2012, 05:21 PM

The barbs on the sting rays are trimmed. :thumbsup2