PDA

View Full Version : transfers from orlando airport to cape canaveral?

slg
02-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Which is the best and cheapest way to get from the airport to my Port Canaveral hotel and back? Should I do DCL on the way back? Planning on being in PC for 3 days prior to our cruise

Not sure whether I should take the Comfort Inn package which includes hotel transfers or book my own. Residence Inn has been better rated, but Comfort Inn will be cheaper...

So many decisions. Need disboards advice before I got nuts!

Thanks in advance.

PS If anyone knows how to get to Kennedy Space Centre from Port Canaveral without renting a car, I'd love to know that too!

kcashner
02-06-2012, 01:20 PM
You didn't tell us how many people you will have.

Usually the cheapest option is a rental car. This also has the most hassle. The easiest is DCL transfers, especially if you are on a participating airline--you place your luggage outside your cabin the last night and don't see it again till you arrive at your home airport. That's truly MAGICAL.:goodvibes

You are going to be in PC for 3 days...how do you plan to get around there? Will your hotel offer a shuttle to KSC? Will you need a way to go to dinner, etc?

I'd start with the issue of what transportation the hotel might make available to you and what other alternatives are available. That will tell you whether you need a rental car for 1-3 days of your PC stay. Go from there.

slg
02-06-2012, 01:24 PM
For a family of 5...and we don't want to rent a car.

We don't want to rent a car and are hoping to find a shuttle or taxi to KSC. Hoping to just take a shuttle to the beach or walk...depending on what hotel we are at.

kcashner
02-06-2012, 01:28 PM
OK, for 5 almost anything is cheaper than DCL. CHeck out RJ Transportation--good reputation, low rates. Also Cocoa Beach Shuttle--this company will get you to the space center as well (not sure about fee). THey operate shuttles from hotels to the cruise terminal also if your hotel stay doesn't include this.

If your hotel is offering a round trip package, that's probably the best bet price wise. Again, you could use Cocoa Beach Shuttle or a cab to get to/from the space center.

We stayed at the Best Western suites when we needed space for 6. It was walking distance to the Cocoa Beach Pier, the beach, and the Publix. It was an "adequate" but not lovely hotel...the guys didn't like the pull out bed in the living room. However, the kitchen was nice, and you could save serious money over 3 days if you did a little of your own cooking. OK but not great breakfast. I wouldn't put this on the top of my list, but it was totally adequate. I'm giving this as an example of an easy place from which to navigate around Cocoa Beach for a couple of days.