PDA

View Full Version : Spa for DD(10) on Dream/Fantasy

EGHopeful
02-06-2012, 10:52 AM
I know they have the teen Spa and the adult spa, but is there a Spa package for a 10yr old? My daughter loves our Spa days and I'd like to get her that as a gift during our Christmas cruise this yr.

If anyone has any information on price, packages, experience it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much! :worship:

10 more loooong month :surfweb:

jel0511
02-06-2012, 11:23 AM
The teen spa is only for teens. I asked about my 12YO going last year and was given a no go. They do have an ice cream pedicure/manicure that they do for those too young to use the chill spa, but if I remember it was at a bad time.....

princessmom29
02-06-2012, 12:53 PM
2 questions about the ice cream mani/pedi:

Can my DD8 get this doene?

It cannot be booked until we are on the ship, correct?

jel0511
02-06-2012, 01:08 PM

No idea if there are further age restrictions on the teen spa. I do know that my 12YO was allowed to get this treatment. Yes, you can't book any teen spa appt until onboard.

kcashner
02-06-2012, 02:50 PM
The rules seem to change based on how booked the Chill Spa happens to be on any given cruise....sort of like what happens in the Vista Spa on the Magic.

If Vista isn't filling, this "adult only" space offers mother/daughter specials and teen specials...usually on port days. These cannot be booked in advance and are only available on some cruises--check the Navigator and the signs in the elevators.

I've also read of an 11 year old being allowed to book a mani/pedi in the Chill Spa after boarding--my guess is that it is the same thing; if they don't fill appointments with appropriate age people, they expand a little!

Mommb
02-06-2012, 05:09 PM

My 8-year-old was able to book the ice cream mani/pedi on our recent 4-night cruise on the Dream. I can't remember which day it was on. It isn't listed on the website, so it can't be booked in advance. We found out about it because I stopped by the spa to see if they had any specials for me, and there was a flyer about the Ice Cream treatment on a counter.

My daughter loved it (her nails and toes looked great for 2 weeks afterward) but there was one little glitch. I thought the flyer said both manicures and pedicures were included, so when the women checking her in asked her which she wanted and she said "both" I though nothing of it. My husband learned when he picked her up that there was an extra charge for getting both a manicure and a pedicure, which was not mentioned at check-in.

My guess is that when and whether this treatment is available depends on how much traffic the teen spa is expecting on each cruise, so I wouldn't promise it to your daughter, but I would check at the spa to see if it's offered.