PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest questions for a newbie

jerseygirl74
02-06-2012, 06:57 AM
I was wondering if you have reserve the Rainforest? I seen I can pre order for $15.00 on the Disney website.

ravensilverlight
02-06-2012, 07:01 AM
The pre-order you see offered is a one day pass. They also offer multi-day passes, but those can only be purchased on board the ship.

TivoQueen
02-06-2012, 07:54 AM
What exactly is the Rainforet, is it part of the spa?

dgundry
02-06-2012, 02:59 PM
The Rainforest Room is part of the Senses Spa on the Dream. It has an area with ten (10) heated tile chairs looking out onto a partially open verandah that has two 2-person jacuzzis. There are also four (4) showers that each serve up different combinations of warm and cool showers with different jets and shower heads. There are also three steam/sauna rooms, the Hamam (a Turkish bath), a Laconium (a dry sauna), and a Caldarium (a steam bath).

The Rainforest Room opens at about 5:00pm on embarkation day after the Sail Away party ends and keeps the same hours as the spa (8am to 10am).

On the boat, a 1-day pass is $16. On our recent 3-day cruise, the 3-day cruise pass for singles is $42. The 3-day couples cruise pass is $75.

The spa techs do say "there are only 40 passes available for the entire cruise", but whether this is just a marketing tool or real is unknown. We spent almost 8 hours in the spa on our cruise and only ever saw it crowded once.

kcashner
02-06-2012, 03:03 PM
The spa techs do say "there are only 40 passes available for the entire cruise", but whether this is just a marketing tool or real is unknown. We spent almost 8 hours in the spa on our cruise and only ever saw it crowded once.

I have heard this story on almost every cruise I've been on...and never been unable to purchase a pass when I wanted one!

sissy_ib
02-06-2012, 03:19 PM
The Rainforest Room is part of the Senses Spa on the Dream. It has an area with ten (10) heated tile chairs looking out onto a partially open verandah that has two 2-person jacuzzis. There are also four (4) showers that each serve up different combinations of warm and cool showers with different jets and shower heads. There are also three steam/sauna rooms, the Hamam (a Turkish bath), a Laconium (a dry sauna), and a Caldarium (a steam bath).

The Rainforest Room opens at about 5:00pm on embarkation day after the Sail Away party ends and keeps the same hours as the spa (8am to 10am).

On the boat, a 1-day pass is $16. On our recent 3-day cruise, the 3-day cruise pass for singles is $42. The 3-day couples cruise pass is $75.

On the Magic and Wonder it is smaller than what you described. 4 heated loungers, no jacuzzis, three showers. And no view. The price for the 7 night was $99 for a singe, $149 for a couple.

I have heard this story on almost every cruise I've been on...and never been unable to purchase a pass when I wanted one!

The 40 passes them mention are 40 length of stay passes. The day passes are separate. I bought a length of stay last week. At the open house they said there were 12 left and I know a few were bought after that. The most people I saw in the room at one time was 5 including me. Our last day at CC when I signed in the paper was full of names but when I went in there were only a few people there.