PDA

View Full Version : Question about Puerto Vallarto Whale Photo Safari

LookOutBelow
02-05-2012, 07:55 PM
We are going on the Whale Photo Safari in Puerto Vallarta in a few weeks and need help from those who have been on before. The description states that there are no bathrooms on board (of course, it's a dinghy!) As four of our party are no longer "spring chickens", and bladder capacity being at a minimum, we were wondering if there is a bathroom break just before leaving the dock? Also wondering if one might happen to get wet during the excursion (for camouflage purposes)?:rolleyes1

deanimal
02-05-2012, 10:44 PM
I just went on that excursion last month and I can say for sure that there was no chance to use the washroom between the ship and the zodiac. You basically walked off the ship, went around behind it then went down another ramp and onto the smaller boat. I would definately recommend making a stop before checking in for the excursion. (I was very glad I skipped the second cup of coffee that morning!) The boat was quite open and there was a little bit of spray, but I didn't get any big splashes. I would also recommend lots of sunscreen. I usually wear a wide brimmed hat so I don't have to use to much sunscreen on my face, but the boat goes really fast and there's no way to keep a hat on in that wind. I got a tiny bit burned on my forehead by the end of the trip.
I would really recommend this trip, it was my first time whale watching and we saw lots of whales. Another guy on the excursion said that he had been whale watching multiple times before and this was by far the best for sightings. I'm afraid I've been spoiled now. Enjoy!

Merryweather11
02-06-2012, 12:29 AM
We just went on the whale watching tour last week in Cabo and one of the reasons I chose this tour over the one in PV was for the bathrooms on board the 100 ft. catamaran, believe it or not. My daughter and I are bladder-challanged.;) Plus, it was such a comfortable boat with lots of room to move in and out of the shade and they served drinks and chips. And we got just as close to the whales as the small boats--we were all sailing around in a little cluster looking for them. It was really fun. Anyway, just an idea! :)

ForTheLoveOfDCL
02-06-2012, 07:00 AM
We just did the Cabo one and too and we all loved it(kids included)..they do a picture of your group , a whale tale photo and another...for $20, not too shabby! Oh drinks and chips are Free, I know sometimes people feel they don't get much outta the excursions but this one was nice. Now those who drink get their monies worth...we brought water so we didn't drink...chips and salsa were good though!

LookOutBelow
02-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the information! We've got a difficult decision to make.