PDA

View Full Version : Unpurchased Disney Cruise Line Photos

Disneygal19
02-05-2012, 02:53 PM
I know this is a strange question but I have asked Disney and haven't gotten a real answer. What does DCL do with the unpurchased photos at Shutters are they recycled? It seems like such a waste if not. Thanks:upsidedow

sambycat
02-05-2012, 02:57 PM
can you say shredder?:rolleyes1

CMOORE185
02-05-2012, 03:40 PM
I know this is a strange question but I have asked Disney and haven't gotten a real answer. What does DCL do with the unpurchased photos at Shutters are they recycled? It seems like such a waste if not. Thanks:upsidedowI would guess they are destroyed. What else do you think they could do with them? If they sold them to you at a discount, no one would buy them at full price. I think they charge way to much for them. It seems if they sold them for less they could sell more and make just as much or more money. I guess though that they know the price point that maximizes their profit. They priced me out though.

kcashner
02-05-2012, 03:50 PM
The photos are destroyed. I don't know whether photo paper can be recycled or not, but the Disney company and the ship are very big on recycling and avoidance of waste; I suspect that if it can be re-used in any way, it is.

juliebug1997
02-05-2012, 03:51 PM
I would guess they are destroyed. What else do you think they could do with them? If they sold them to you at a discount, no one would buy them at full price. I think they charge way to much for them. It seems if they sold them for less they could sell more and make just as much or more money. I guess though that they know the price point that maximizes their profit. They priced me out though.

I totally agree that they are extremely expensive. We bought some pictures and the CD and I wish they would price the CD more like WDW. It was our first cruise and we had sap on our foreheads. Who knows if we'll do it again this time. I guess we'll see.