PDA

View Full Version : temperatures

zealandsmom
02-05-2012, 03:11 PM
My dh is ex-coastie and says we should be travelling at about 30 knots. I am planning my wardrobe of shorts and long sleeve or 3/4 length shirts......assuming breeze
on decks and ice cold a/c inside. My family who is also going thinks I'm nuts and that tanks/shorts are the way to go in May.

Ideas please? (Telling me I am right gets you bonus points!)

3Mickeys
02-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Well I know the Magic and Wonder go about 22-23 knots max. Not sure about the new ships. But you are right for the most part. It's windy up top if you are not in a protected area. I kept a lightweight cardigan in a bag when I walked around the ship and used it regularly. Dinner time I brought a wrap or sweater too. I'm always cold, but bare arms were a bit much for me.

Then again I saw people in bikinis and swim trunks on days that I had capri pants and sleeves on (Feb-march)

So, yes. I say you are right.
: )

sambycat
02-05-2012, 04:01 PM
it tends towards the chilly indoors - like a hotel. i always bring a wrap or something along in the evenings or day time. :goodvibes

Zandy595
02-05-2012, 04:04 PM
That time of year, I would only take a sweater to the dining rooms and shows. If you're going to be spending a good amount of time on the pool deck, I'd do tanks/shorts. The pool deck is enclosed around the sides and can get quite warm. Upper decks are breezier, but I wouldn't say cold in May.