PDA

View Full Version : Pool heat in October?

jnbishop
02-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Hello everyone! I've compiled the tons of quotes I've gotten over the past week and we'll soon make a decision on where to stay... My two favorites are a 4 BR townhouse in Encantada and an awesome 4 BR home in Indian Creek... My main question: will we need pool heat in October? Both places will charge us for it (where others will "throw it in" for free...) I am thinking I may be able to negotiate it, but if the owners don't budge on the price, would we really need it? I think we'd use the private pool a lot - with five young children... Please let me know. Many thanks!

nicole

p.s. Is Clear Creek wayyy too far away from WDW? Also found a great home there for a fantastic price, but not sure if we want to drive that far each day... :-)

Art 1
02-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Yes.

JANNYANS
02-05-2012, 01:10 PM
A pool is a big part of many vacations and as you have children who will undoubtedly want to use the pool daily I would suggest the pool is heated.Ask the owner if they have a cover as this will help with heat retention overnight.
Clear Creek is about 9 miles out so not too bad a drive but if you are unsure the I think you may not be happy .

henryk67
02-06-2012, 06:03 PM
We rented a villa in Silver Creek Oct 2010, we didn't have pool heat but wished we had, the water was freezing but it never stopped us using it.
Think it is quite expensive but would make it more enjoyable

BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM
02-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Definitely heated!! We won't make that mistake again! Brr!

Jason71
02-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Lived in a pool home for 3 years now--yes. Can slide through September, but by mid-October, the water gets chilly.