PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been to Titanic Museum in Orlando?

jgperkin
02-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Just wondering if anyone has done this and about how long I need here to have a good experience.. hours... day etc... thanks!

tmarquez
02-04-2012, 03:44 PM
From what I remember it was no more than an hour or 2. I had DD(7 at the time) with me and she loved it...and she has a short attention span.

jgperkin
02-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Thank you so much! I currently have a daughter 7 years and she is FASCINATED with the titanic! We are headed down in August and she will be 8 by then but I would really like to surprise her with a trip to the museum. THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)

tmarquez
02-04-2012, 04:55 PM
You're welcome! Just a bit more since you have a DD that age. Mine is also fascinated with the Titanic. They do a couple of things that caused a bit of anxiety in DD and she's not a nervous kid.

One of the things they do is give everyone a card at the beginning with the name of a REAL Titanic passenger and at the end you search the walls for your person to see if you lived or died. DD lived, but DH died and although it didn't seem to bother her at the time, but after she kept asking about what if one of us died and all kinds of stuff.

The other thing was at one point they separate the women and children from the men for the lifeboats...DD did not like that one bit! We cruise and there were tons of questions about that part of it before we boarded our next ship.

But all in all she still says she liked it and wants to go again.

disneygrandma
02-05-2012, 04:29 PM
On our Sept 2007 trip, we had planned to see Titanic, but learned that it had just closed. Our information said that it would be moving, and no longer be in the Orlando area. Did they reopen, after all?

tmarquez
02-06-2012, 12:55 PM
It moved, but just to another location in Orlando.

daannzzz
02-06-2012, 01:58 PM
If anyone can compare this with the one at the Luxor in Las Vegas I would appreciate it. It sounds similar as at the Las Vegas one they also give you a card with a passenger name. We may go to see the one in Orlando if it is much different.

MinnieForMe
02-06-2012, 03:41 PM
We did this last April. They moved next to Coco Key in Orlando. My sons really enjoyed it.

Keep checking on Groupons as I purchased our tickets for $12.00 each last year.

PrincessBrianna
02-08-2012, 02:44 PM
just an FYI, if any of you live near Michigan, the world's largest titanic exhibit is coming to the henry ford museum in Dearborn in March and staying there until September I think.

They have a full-size recreation of the grand staircase and some of the rooms, as well as hundreds of artifacts.

ALSO, in May the Grand Hotel in Mackinac Island, MI (the most beautiful hotel you will ever see.. it's 150 years old I think, so old fashioned and GORGEOUS) is doing a Titanic weekend, which includes breakfast and dinner... they have a menu based off the real titanic menu, there's an "impact" after dinner and you get to find out if you survived or not. Looks AMAZING but super expensive.. definitely recommend it for titanic freaks though.

Michigan is a beautiful state, ya'll should visit :-)