PDA

View Full Version : Any Experience with Celebration Suites (Suites At Old Town)

AlexMaldonado
02-03-2012, 04:45 PM
hey there, we are looking at making a quick trip in a few weeks and am looking for a super low cost place to stay. (there are 6 of us)

has anyone had any experience with Celebration Suites (formerly Suites at Old Town)

we do not need anything fancy. just a clean room with a fridge.

http://www.suitesatoldtown.com

any info would be great.

AlexMaldonado
02-06-2012, 01:36 PM
nothing? no one? should i be worried?

SamSam
02-06-2012, 03:02 PM
I haven't stayed there before, but like you, I've often wondered what it was like. Dh and I will often stay off property the night we arrive in Orlando and then move to our DVC.

Sure would like to know if it's at least clean.

Straitlover
02-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Back when it was Days Inn it was a dump. Don't know about now.

Goofy_Disney_Dad
02-06-2012, 06:27 PM
I know they've done a lot of improvements but the reviews are so hit and miss that we've avoided it as well. I'm tempted to do a night or two one of our trips just to see because if the good reviews are honest it is a decent place for the price. If the bad reviews are honest then I'm completely scared to try it. So hard to decide.

I did "like" them on facebook and get input on their postings there and many people seem to really like them so who knows at this point. Report back if you do stay there as I'd love to have an honest and unbiased opinion either way.

Megsie1000
02-06-2012, 11:22 PM
There is a warning on TripAdvisor about the reviews possibly being tampered with to make the rating higher than it would be otherwise, which would be enough for me to stay away.

doclegler
02-07-2012, 09:32 AM
We haven't ever stayed there, but stayed next door at Royale Parc Suites before. We have walked through the parking lot of Celebration Suites to get to Old Towne and it looks VERY scary. :scared1: I would avoid it at all costs. You can easily see in the main floor rooms and it doesn't look like a place I would set foot in!
Best of luck finding a place. Try next door at Royale Parc Suites! :thumbsup2

CANskywalker
02-08-2012, 06:52 PM
I stayed here years ago , never again ! As someone posted "scary". Not the best for kids. My suggestion would be to find someting else.

dsnycrzy
02-11-2012, 03:14 PM
I stayed here in 2008 before they remodeled it and I loved it. For the price, you can not beat the price. I didn't notice anything scarey but that is coming from a New Yorker (Bronx). I enjoyed the pools with the BBQ grills poolside. I believe I had 1issue with the toilet and it was fixed quickly. I also like the regular size fridge to no fighting for space and running to get ice. I will be staying here again this year.

schriverl
02-12-2012, 03:25 PM
We stayed here about 5 years ago most recentley and then twice about 10 and 11 years ago. While it is NOT a grand and glorious hotel. We liked it. We have a large family (2 adults, 4 kids) and found this was very accomodating for us. Everything was clean. We always had plenty of towels. We loved the conveniece of Old Town next door. For us it was a great price for the extra space. But our most recent visit was 5 years ago. Back then we also had Stacey on the tv there too!! :happytv: