PDA

View Full Version : Tell me anything and everything about Windsor Palms

disneymomoftwins
02-02-2012, 01:37 PM
We are staying on Butterfly Palm Way, how far is it from pool. We have never stayed off site so we dont really know what to expect:confused3

A Mickeyfan
02-02-2012, 05:50 PM
My aunt stayed there about 3 years ago.. it is a nice complex but it did take about 20-25 minutes before you actually got into the Magic Kingdom... so while it is close, it isn't close... It is set back off 192. I know from the balcony she had, we were able to see some fireworks... I think she was on Princess Palm Lane near the pool.

As far as the unit being close to the pool, I looked up the street on Google Earth and from what it looks like, it isn't that far from the pool. You can try looking it up on Google Earth yourself and you can see exactly where the unit is as opposed to the pool. Hope this helps you....:goodvibes

KayR
02-03-2012, 09:03 AM
WP is a nice community, well maintained and with lots of amenities. Its not too big like some of the other communities. It is close to WDW. Yes it takes time to get to the magic kingdom, but some of that time is due in part to having to take the monorail/ferry to the park. Sometimes it takes longer to get to parks using Disney Transportation. I stayed onsite once and was told that to take the Disney bus to EPCOT (which was close to the resort - we could see the Epcot ball clearly) it would take 45 minutes - we got in our car and drove there in less time.

There are lots of restaurants nearby off the 192. For groceries there is a publix and a supertarget down the 192 also.

Butterfly Palm way is very close to the clubhouse & pool - take a look at this google map - http://g.co/maps/yw2ja

If you have any specific questions, please let me know. I will do my best to answer them.

-Kay