PDA

View Full Version : How far in advance should I book Windsor Hills?

100AcreWood
01-31-2012, 03:36 PM
How far in advance should I book a townhome at Windsor Hills?
Also, would you recommend at townhouse or townhome for a family of 5? The main reason we are looking at WH is we are tired of being cramped in hotel rooms. We want space!

Also, I have seen a lot of comments on dave robinson but I'd love to hear any other suggestions I should check out. He seems to be the cheapest but I know cheaper isn't always better. Any specific homes I should look into?

Thanks!

4forMe
01-31-2012, 05:58 PM
I think the most you can book out is one year in advance. If you find a very popular home, I would book it early. Also book early if you are going during a very popular time of the year. I tried to book our 4 BR house for our upcoming Spring Break trip while we were there last year, and it was already booked. If you're going at a slower time of the year (September), you don't need to book as early.

I think a 3 BR townhome would suit your family of 5 just fine. Most of them have a splash pool so that your family would have that option in addition to the community pool.

We haven't used Dave Robinson's site since they require 7 night stays of Sat. through Saturday, and we stay 8 nights or longer. We book through www.floridasunvacationhomes.com as they offer discounts on stays of longer than 7 nights.

Here are two recent threads that have some suggestions for townhomes in Windsor Hills:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2743492

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2671411

Good luck with your search! I hope you love Windsor Hills as much as our family does! :goodvibes

jjjmranch
01-31-2012, 06:16 PM
We booked a three bed two bath condo about 5 months in advance. You can look on most owner's availability calendar to see if they're booked at the time you want to go.

Goofy_Disney_Dad
02-02-2012, 10:52 AM
In Dave's case I truly think the "cheaper isn't always better" does not apply. I've stayed with him a few times now and have always had excellent accommodations and service. He uses the Sat to Sat rental periods to keep his prices low. If we are staying 9 or 10 days we will get a hotel room for a couple days prior to arrival and enjoy the week at Windsor Hills afterwards.

All I can say is if any of his units are available for your stay you should not let the cheaper price concern you. I really can't recommend them enough to be honest. Either way, good luck with your hunt and I hope you have a great vacation.

100AcreWood
02-02-2012, 12:15 PM
In Dave's case I truly think the "cheaper isn't always better" does not apply. I've stayed with him a few times now and have always had excellent accommodations and service. He uses the Sat to Sat rental periods to keep his prices low. If we are staying 9 or 10 days we will get a hotel room for a couple days prior to arrival and enjoy the week at Windsor Hills afterwards.

All I can say is if any of his units are available for your stay you should not let the cheaper price concern you. I really can't recommend them enough to be honest. Either way, good luck with your hunt and I hope you have a great vacation.

Thank you, this is good information. The Sat-Sat actually works great for us. I'm definitely leaning towards Dave.

100AcreWood
02-04-2012, 02:03 PM
One more question, we're debating between WBC and Windsor Hills. Do we have to wash linens or towels before leaving? I assume this is included in the cleaning fee but it wasn't clear on the sites. So much information to read!

hbsprite
02-05-2012, 08:14 PM
It really depends on whether you are going at a busy time or not.

If you are the type of person that likes to have as many options as possible available, book early.

If, however, you are going at a slow(er) time you CAN save a significant amount by waiting.

We usually book a refundable hotel for our stays in August and then 7-10 days before contact owners to see if they have any last minute discounts available (they usually do). You can get an even better discount if you can fill a "gap" in their booking calendar.

Using this method, we have booked a townhome at Windsor Hills for less than $60 per night at the end of August.