PDA

View Full Version : Valentines collection box?

paysensmom
01-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Ideas for a boy, please! My son needs to make one for his class party. He is 9 in 4th grade. Only requirement is it has to be opened in class without damaging it.

jadeblue13
01-31-2012, 06:58 AM
How about a shoe box race car with a moon roof slot for the valentines to go in? He wouldn't have to put hearts on it unless he wants to. Have fun!

HM
01-31-2012, 07:06 AM
I'd get a box that has a lid separate from the body (shoe box?). I'd wrap both with appropriate wrapping paper (of his choice), putting a slit in the lid (with taped edges) for slipping in the valentines.

needtoplan
01-31-2012, 07:29 AM
When I was little, we often used the quaker oats box. It has a separate lid. Wrap in paper and place stickers on it.

kayrosek
01-31-2012, 08:02 AM
Honestly I think you only have to be limited by your own imagination. Make a Pirate ship out of a box by covering in brown paper and adding a sail (Name it something like the Black Heart). The quaker oats box or a cereal box would make a good robot with mini slinky's, jar lids and homemade buttons and gizmo's. For an older boy A cereal Box could also be an Ipod or TV showing a favorite show or music artist or maybe even a funny song title for the IPOD. Or turn the cereal box into a new cereal with your kids name
(For my son I could see Jonnie O's), picture and info about him. I also like the idea of just covering a box in cool wrapping paper. I think there are so many ways you could go.

kayrosek
01-31-2012, 09:06 AM
Oooh my son and I came up with another idea this morning that we will likely use for his (he's in 4th. grade too.) We are going to decorate a cereal box like an IPAD only instead of an IPAD it will be a JPAD (first initial) . He wants sister to help him draw an angry birds scene on the "screen" then we will cut out pictures of him (just a circle around his face probably) and paste them into place so the screen is showing a game of "Angry Jonnie's" ready to be played.

sksjasams
01-31-2012, 09:42 AM
This must be a typical 4th grade project. When my DS13 was in 4th grade, he made a valentine box out of legos.

scrapquitler
01-31-2012, 12:02 PM
When I was little, we often used the quaker oats box. It has a separate lid. Wrap in paper and place stickers on it.

That is exactly what I was going to suggest!

Another idea: an empty Kleenex box. There's a hole in the top for the opening already, just put your hand in to pull the valentines out.

MomtoGKC
01-31-2012, 01:31 PM
We used the square tissue boxes last year which we turned into martians, I think the idea was from Family Fun magazine. Cover in paper, use the opening as a mouth, add googly eyes & pipe cleaners for eyes & antenae. They turned out very cute!

TheRatPack
01-31-2012, 03:46 PM
We've made all sorts in the past, just look online (someone already mentioned Family Fun) and you'll find tons of ideas :)

whatname
01-31-2012, 08:30 PM
We make these every year. My tip - spray paint the box. It is much easier than wrapping it. Good luck.